Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
Question for the pub at large: can anyone recommend a cold medicine that does not make you feel like you are on bad drugs? i.e. exhausted but unable
sleep, living in slo-mo/underwater, stupid, etc.
Awh TWISI, I'm sorry to hear you're sick! I hate being sick, that stuffy head, sore muscles, too hott, too cold, restlessness, tred...awhh...
I used to take medications like Nyquill or Advil Cold & Sinus but I've been trying to stay away from that kind of stuff... Here's what I've found
works in its place, for me anyway. (This stuff won't kill the pain like acetaminophen or ibuprophen does in the Cold Meds - but it's a less
chemically aproach - if you're into that).
- Eccinecea capsules (or drops if that's your thing. I personally can't stand the taste, so I opt for the capsules).
- Green Tea Capsules/Tea (whichever is your preference, just check the mg's)
- Green Tea with Honey & Fresh Ginger (That's QBall's reccommendation, he gave me when I was last sick).
- Vegetable Broth(Vegetarian) or Chicken Noodle Soup(If your Not)
- Lots of Tea, Lots of Soups, Lots of Liquids
- Eucalyptus Oil - I usually burn it in an oil burner (decongestant & anti-inflammatory) or add it to a Hot Bath
- I don't usually take this unless I'm going crazy and can't sleep, but Neo-citran is pretty good too.
And believe it or not........ Gingerale (That's my dad's solution for everything and anything. Upset Stomache? Sore Throat? Flu? Etc...) I don't
know if this actually works, but I know that my dad buys TONS of Gingerale if I'm sick when I'm at home visiting them.
Is there actual Ginger in gingerale??? Maybe thats it......
Hope that helps you out a bit dear! Feel better soon!