It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

That's how it works for me too.

I can't take benedryl at all. It makes me feel like death, like I'd rather just be sick.

Get yourself some Nyquil for tonight and get some good rest, and like OL said, drink plenty of orange juice.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
A very revealing post by nYk537.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
FSBA, have you decided what position you'd like to do for the movie remake debate? I'll take whichever one you don't want. Just let me know.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I won! I can't believe my eyes.

Thanks to the judges, so, what is the prize I will receive.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Congratulations, PJ! First debate, first win. 1-0 Streak. Good job!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks a lot.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I'll go with against. When do you want to start?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Oh of course you'd pick that side.
Just teasing. Hm... a few days I guess. I am almost finished on segment 1 of a project I'm currently doing elsewhere on ATS so that will be the perfect time to take a break on that and work on our debate.
I'll certainly keep you updated.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Where is everyone?

It's a Thursday night! It's usually only this slow on weekend nights...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hi all

I haven't been online all day and I'm catching up backwards, so there'll probably be some edits to this post in a few minutes.

TWISI: have you ever tried just taking guaifenesin (Mucinex) instead of a decongestant or anti-histamine?

It thins out mucus secretions instead of drying them up and I find it to have little or no side effects. Otherwise, like you and nyk, I'd rather just deal with the symptoms of most colds than the side effects of the medicine.

And of course good old-fashioned chicken soup. I don't know what your delivery selections are like out there, but I'm particularly fond of Greek (Avgolemono) or Thai (Tom Ka Kai) for colds.

peacejet: Congratulations on the win!

[edit on 1/8/09 by americandingbat]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Where is everyone?

Maybe people are staying away because of all the Middle East awfulness? It's seemed slow to me for a few days now.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I'm here but in read-only browser mode.

With the exception of this post of course.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm still recovering from Tuesday.

Actually, I'm in the same boat as TWISI - cold/congestion.

It's really weird - I, too, almost never get sick. The last time I had a cold was years ago. But, then, about a month and a half ago, I got a nasty flu bug (you may remember me kvetching). And then, two days ago, I started to get stuffy nose, etc., again! I could blame it on canned airplane air drying out my sinuses, but I think I'll jump on TWISI's conspiracy bandwagon and just assume the CDC has it out for us.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Interesting. I think I'm having fewer colds than usual this year - could it be because I sometimes post pro-pharma comments?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
Question for the pub at large: can anyone recommend a cold medicine that does not make you feel like you are on bad drugs? i.e. exhausted but unable sleep, living in slo-mo/underwater, stupid, etc.

Awh TWISI, I'm sorry to hear you're sick! I hate being sick, that stuffy head, sore muscles, too hott, too cold, restlessness, tred...awhh...

I used to take medications like Nyquill or Advil Cold & Sinus but I've been trying to stay away from that kind of stuff... Here's what I've found works in its place, for me anyway. (This stuff won't kill the pain like acetaminophen or ibuprophen does in the Cold Meds - but it's a less chemically aproach - if you're into that).

- Eccinecea capsules (or drops if that's your thing. I personally can't stand the taste, so I opt for the capsules).
- Green Tea Capsules/Tea (whichever is your preference, just check the mg's)
- Green Tea with Honey & Fresh Ginger (That's QBall's reccommendation, he gave me when I was last sick).
- Vegetable Broth(Vegetarian) or Chicken Noodle Soup(If your Not)
- Lots of Tea, Lots of Soups, Lots of Liquids
- Eucalyptus Oil - I usually burn it in an oil burner (decongestant & anti-inflammatory) or add it to a Hot Bath
- I don't usually take this unless I'm going crazy and can't sleep, but Neo-citran is pretty good too.

And believe it or not........ Gingerale (That's my dad's solution for everything and anything. Upset Stomache? Sore Throat? Flu? Etc...) I don't know if this actually works, but I know that my dad buys TONS of Gingerale if I'm sick when I'm at home visiting them.

Is there actual Ginger in gingerale??? Maybe thats it......

Hope that helps you out a bit dear! Feel better soon!

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
morning pub

all our sick fighters: get well soon

drink much, sleep much

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Where is everyone?

ok you detect me
i confess - guilty

i was in bed sleeping - and now you are all off
ha

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Morning guys!

Hope everybody is feeling better.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

good afternoon nyk

anything new?

still cold at my place!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Nothing good.

I left for work this morning after thawing about 2 inches of frost and ice off of my car, and when it had melted I noticed about an 8 inch hairline fracture running through my windshield that was not there last night.

I supposed the temperature change could have caused it, but either way it's very frustrating, especially considering we just bought this car after I wrecked ours.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

darn
that is pretty bad - does the insurance help ti repair it?
here we got special garages who are specialiced on such stuff like broken car windowsand it is paid by the insurance

new topics

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join