It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 303
<< 300  301  302    304  305  306 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
my second response is on.

hope you'll enjoy it

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
ugh! Long time no speak everyone!

I have been so busy lately, its untrue!!!!

How is everyone?!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Poet Of Deception

THIRSTY! The last batch of newbie fighters jumped right into and/or finished their first debates -- leaving we, the more seasoned [scratch] slavedrivers [/scratch] Fighters pouring our own drinks.

So, I think I speak for many of us here when I say glad to see ya!

I'll have a hot toddie, please.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Poet of Deception - Please get the lady a drink...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Do you mean a Hot Toddy?

I don't have a hot toddle, or do I?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
@carrot and dingbat:

nice new avvis girls, i love them

Hi orange
And thanks. I'm still tweaking the avi (I may replace the cat if I can find a white one instead of a black one that I have to turn white). And I'm totally frustrated about the background issue – I miscalculated pixels and tried to take the background down but now I think I'm stuck with it

@ian:
will the eggnog debate proceed?

Yeah! Inquiring minds want to know whether eggnog can be had without booze.

Hi to everyone else, and to PoD, here's the rag, get wiping. I need coffee, too.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
hi guys

great to se you poet –– i would like a tequilla sunrise please!

just finished the production of a cd incl cover and booklet for the 50ths birhtday of my SIL.
i am pretty satisfied about it.

and i am wondering why itunes performs rudolph the red nosed reindeer -

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

hi dingbat

have you ever searched
www.sxc.hu...

they got a pretty nice variety in photos.

for the background: mine didnt came out the way i wanted it but i like it nevertheless

eggnog without booze: it is possible since i made it by myself and it was very very tasty

edit:

still waiting for my drink

and wondering not only about the pending debate about the eggnog but when will the debate between semper and s-dog continue?
or is s-dog taking the longest 24 hours that have ever been seen?

go ahead i feel a bit bored!

[edit on 10-1-2009 by orange-light]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

I haven't seen that site before – thanks

And I really like how your background came out! I'm okay with mine too, but I expected it to center itself in the column instead of being flush with the left
And it's one or two pixels low, so the card isn't quite right. But I'm a bit OCD about stuff like that

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Well, as far as the eggnog skirmish, I'm unsure whether it will continue.

Myself, I've been (and I'm a little ashamed to say it) unable to get really enthused about the subject. Sure, I can be sarcastic and witty, to some extent, but really I have no strong stance on the subject, and don't like to wear things thin.

I've apologised to intrepid (U2U), because a slight diss may be interpreted by letting the thread languish. None such intended! And really, I'd love to face the former champ on equal ground.. But I hadn't heard back from that, so I'm assuming that he's in no hurry to commit to finishing the skirmish, either.

Sky may have been right; I find myself overwhelmed with things to finish at work, and personally strung away from 'debate-mode'. I really would like to get back into the groove! But, priorities first, I guess.

Work-complaint-aside: just because you can 'schedule' less than one week between beta and GMC, doesn't mean that you really are justified in requiring people to work weekends to meet that schedule. Nonetheless, I guess I'm working on Sunday.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I leave that industry on Tuesday...thank god...and it will be a twist of fate if I ever return...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks! I really needed that, for medicinal purposes of course

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
My second Response is up:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

......and 2 cups of coffee and 1 caffeine pill later, I am off to sleep.

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
good evening pub

reply to post by americandingbat

how wide is your background picture, dingbat?

kinglizard advised to do the backgroud picture 177 or 180 pixel width and 1000 pixel heigths, which worked very nicely with mine!

i don.t like that my second palm tree is hidden by my avvy

@ian
sunday work is kind of slave work
what are you doing as a job?

@memory
what did you do?

i never really understood how industries could exist on exploiting their staff.
what is really gained by having people working who are torched and don.t really love their job anymore and kept in complete fear?

just read the result of the light bulbs

congratulations ashleyD

you have been fantastic honey

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Another Judgment is in!

@memory
what did you do?

I work as a Quality Assurance tester for video games while Ian works as a developer...so if we were working on the same game then I would be playing the game and looking for specific instances of 'bugs' to communicate how he could work on the coding...though my particular niche is a bit more focused than just playing the game.

I took the job out of convenience (I used to drive heavy equipment; I actually miss my 2 ton forklift...
) and am sick of the industry. I don't play video games in my free time and the games I have had to work on are crap Disney merchandising efforts that I am not proud of...not even a little.

So I am going to focus more on my real life and hopefully solve some of my major problems that have restricted my motivations...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

congratulations 44soulslayer

really reat, would have been a blast to put santa on low fat

you really drove a forklift? wow

i guess it can be strange or difficult and making one dizzy to play video games all day.

my son sometimes claims he is going to develop video games when he is old enough but i am relaxed since he is only 12 yo
when it is time to choose in maybe 10 years he can contact you two via ATS

it sounds interesting, but i don.t want to do it.

what options do you got now? and you are able to quit in the middle of a month?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

you really drove a forklift? wow

Yup...I was the 'main' forklift driver for about two years for the Calfornia Renaissance Faires...

what options do you got now? and you are able to quit in the middle of a month?

My contract is up so it matters not the time of day, week, month...

And I am still considering options...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Thank you so much and for letting me in at the last minute to debate. That was so much fun. It was rough at the end though because my closing statement was the only post I wrote without being on heavy pain killers. After being 'sober' again and having to reread everything in order to summarize it in my closing, you don't know how many times I sat their thinking, 'I said WHAT!?! I used THAT as an argument!?' Oh nuts. Orange is owning me on that issue.'

So you had me scrambling quite often- especially through the second half of the debate when, in my opinion, you began to take the lead. You also ripped my job loss argument apart. It's one of those things that really could have gone either way. You did a fantastic job and I was really impressed with you. Keeping up with your newest debate now. You and Carrot are both doing great. Looking forward to seeing you more in this forum in the future.

-------------

P.S. Congrats, Soul Slayer. Both of you covered a lot of ground and raised several good points.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Yup...I was the 'main' forklift driver for about two years for the Calfornia Renaissance Faires...

and you quit that?

sorry if i am too curious

My contract is up so it matters not the time of day, week, month...

And I am still considering options...

so it was a limited job?

is it possible in these days to get an unlimited job - most people say no!

but you must know what you would like to do i guess,

in germany it is not only pretty difficult to get a job in the field you are educated in but much more difficult to get it into any other field.
even if it would be very easily to learn it.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i never realized that the pain killers had so much effect on you!
you did so great and you are such a cutie

we should repeat it one day, both being sober

before i joined the forum i thought it was fun, and now i think i am able to do it. not as good as the veterans, but give me 50 years and i will debate sky or memory or ian than

new topics

top topics

<< 300  301  302    304  305  306 >>

join