It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I'm thinking of a debate regarding "what if" Britain had fallen before the German foray into Russia. Any thoughts?

Or how about the U.S. if we had achieved independence in the same manner as Canada?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sounds like good ones...any challengers?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Yeah, I know that this kind of thought may not be popular, but with all of the data now available, think of what an interesting debate could arise just from viewing the production records of the German war machine. How about the actual situation in Africa?

Either way, an extended time frame on one of many topics, from the civil war on towards The cold war, there could be, imho, a very lively debate. If anyone is up for it, I would be down to let a mod arrange a mutually acceptable topic.

Consider this an open challenge to all of those ranked above me. (which is like, everyone)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I'll be yer huckleberry.

What ever you like sir, I'll take what ever side is given. One thing though. I won't be able to start till next week, most likely Monday. There's a party in my honour on Saturday(nothing special, just me getting old). We can decide a topic before hand so there is a little time to research before the gun.

Something Canada/US would be fine. I'll even take the American side to make it interesting.

u2u me with any ideas ya have or we can let MS or 'trep or someone decide for us.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Happy birthday, and not a problem on the wait. I consider that to be a settled challenge. As to the debate, as far as C & US are concerned, I see a few areas. I would like to do a debate that concerns military or political action....

I can think of a couple things. Like Canadian laws towards defecting draftees... Your benefit analysis of the difference between the revolution and your own freedom move...

I guess if you pick a time frame, we will go home country, coin flip for pro, and an unbiased question? Maybe a 48 hour response with 72 hour weekends?

To be honest, a great question is more important to me than all the other stuff.

I guess I'll see what Intrepid or 'Shock pick...

Cheers!

OR a debate on the military prowess of our respective special forces, circa WW 1 or 2?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Or how about The pact between our countries that says we have to export 40% of our domestic oil to the US.

Or the benefit/disadvantage of Norad.

Or who really has rights to the Arctic.(excluding the other wannabes of course
)

Or Canadian beer is far superior to American Beer.

I'm game for letting someone else pick the topic and deciding sides by a coin flip.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Or Canadian beer is far superior to American Beer.

You should at least pick a topic where there can actually be a winner. Any 'win', either side, in that debate, would be rather Pyrrhic, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Thats funny. We actually already settled on NE microbrews, as a general winner.

Actually, we are thinking a debate on the security of our two nations, as in who benefits the most from our shared border? I would like to pick a specific era, from the revolutionary days until present, so as to place the benefits in proper context? If one of the mods wants to take this one, let me know so I am U2Uing the right person...

[edit on 9-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Happy Birthday...

One question however....

Don't you have to STOP having parties when you get that old?... State Law isn't it?....

Semper

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Semp, the parties used to start on the 1st of July and end some time in September.

Now, not so much. I have to be strategic about my en devours.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

AHHHHH

I too remember the "good ole days"...

I wonder how it is we survived them....

Semper

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hey Guys!

Wanna see what an UGLY debate looks like?

Seriously... I think we may need weapons in there...

Jamie83 Vs. Coven: Barack Obama War. Grenades Included!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by coven

No offense, but you aren't doing too well yourself. I think that both of you are unable to handle the limitations you yourselves placed on your own debate.

Good luck, as most of your sources are what Obama says he is going to do.

I thought we all learned that politicians lie?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
My purpose is to prove that Obama is a good candidate. I have provided evidence of his background that supports the issues I have put forward.

I would advice reading Obama's page and figuring it out for yourself. Yes Politicians lie, but the question is do we assume they are all liars?

I didn't say Jamie was the one making it ugly either. I said it was an Ugly Debate.

ah well. What matters. It's part of the club. Everyone takes sides!

Either side, thanks for reading the thread!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

on an off-topic...
"My Vet has hired Thugs...

That's friggin crazy.

is there anyone you can report it too?

Newpapers?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by coven

Well you did get a star from me once...

And I haven't figured out what to do yet....

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Sorry... still a little jumpy from just typing up my final reply, and prepping my closing statement (I like to prepare!)

*woooo sigh*

Much calmer now... Sorry if I was a**y...

coven

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Just returned from a fight with Sublime myself, stopping by the pub for a beer.

Some cheesy (comic) relief playing at the FightClubPub tonight:

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I thought it was cheesy and funny for about the first 15 seconds, then it struck me as really honest and beautiful... thanks for that! I'm proofreading a particularly snarky debate reply right now; some perspective on combativeness is refreshing.

Although Semper, if you're reading this, I will still tear you up in my closing.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
I thought it was cheesy and funny for about the first 15 seconds, then it struck me as really honest and beautiful... thanks for that!

My Ambivalence: Not knowing whether something is cheesy trash or a beautiful masterpiece.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join