It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Are Nothing But Dellusional Morons & Jesus Was A..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
If you read the thread title and your initial reaction was anger or some type of negative emotion, then I propose you have not truly followed The Message.

You should ask yourself:

-why did I feel anger over a few words, a poster, or someone I don't even know?
-why would I give, someone that is irrelevant to me, so much power?
-why do I need to be defensive about Jesus or of my religion?

I am sorry if I offended you, but it is interesting when "religious" people are defensive, i.e. when a large community of Muslims became enraged when the prophet Muhammad was portrayed negatively in a cartoon. I have no doubts that people truly believe in what they believe, but I find the defensive reactions very interesting.

To let you know... some, I shall call "Satanists" feed on these responses, and it comes so easily. It is like a quick fix, a drug, but for free.

Please share your opinions and honest responses.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
boy, you're way wrong!

I was going to say Jesus is a giant idol built upon a misunderstood man.

Oh yeah, and I believe the question is:

"How is this a Conspiracy?"

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I felt no anger after reading this.. I'm a Witch.. But that's be sides the point..
It's people that take things way too far in regards to religion.. If you think about it.. People have misused religion to further their own ends It's been done before and still goes on to this day.

I can almost guarantee that this thread will be deleted.. I had one similar but less "Inflammatory".. And it got shot down rather quick..

~L

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Lantian]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
like Ive said before in an earlier thread.
"Christianity, Judaism, Islam ..Can All Go Suck a Goat .

Ive had it with this childish behavior .... the world is run
with a handfull of stupid religious books designed to suck the soul right out of you.

moses parted the sea, santa flew overhead, Alah is god ,and the tooth
fairy gives money to all the kids who loose a tooth..

Please for the love of life

Stop this religious BS... Its Killing Our World

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Yes it is..

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I personally being a Christian felt no hatred towards anyone. I took the title as your own lost opinion. Everyone should be happy for (most) Christians, we found something we believe in!!

No maya432, this "religious bs" shouldn't be stopped, it's not ruining our world. and "go suck a goat"? how lost is that phrase seriously.

Could you please provide some info on how religion sucks the soul out of one person? You sound like your just angry with yourself and your inability to believe in something simple.

And please don't take this as a hate post towards you, it's not meant that way at all, even if it seems like it is to you or anyone else

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Morons? You are the one who is risking roasting for all eternity. For what your ego and pride and arrogance. Because you like to be a pervert perhaps and you dont want anyone infinging on your lack of morals. Whatever calling sensible people morons - you will beg for mercy if your attitude persists and it will be too late. Get on your knees and pray for forgiveness for calling the Godly morons you water head.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemarchand

Hello Lemarchand.

May I ask where you studied theology? What university do you hail from?

Most of all by what authority do you tell me or other believers what we SHOULD feel, give, or need to be?

A believer is not obligated to act any way you think they SHOULD.

I was curious, not angered by your thread title.

As a Christian I work toward perfection but know that I can never attain such as I am human and fallible. I make mistakes and have emotions.

The only conspiracy I see here is your own agenda to insight argument.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
Everyone should be happy for (most) Christians, we found something we believe in!!

No maya432, this "religious bs" shouldn't be stopped, it's not ruining our world. and "go suck a goat"? how lost is that phrase seriously.

Great! So by your logic I should be happy for Scientologists...well, any cult that believes in anything. Oh, and Satanists - for have they not also found something to believe in?

Religion is a ruiner. It's prejudiced and discriminatory and restrictive and oppressive and controlling and childish. Worst of all, it based upon lies, ignorance, deliberate plagiarism and mis-representation.
I mean seriously, look at what happened to the world once the church got into power - the dark ages. That's what the church has given the world. 1000 years of fear, ignorance and persecution.
Look what religion has done to the middle east! The cradle of civilisation is virtually no further forward than what it was 3000 years ago!
Religion has left vast swathes of destruction in our history.
Luckily for the west, religion lost it's power, and the enlightenment blossomed, otherwise the west would still be backwards facing.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes, I had negative feelings when I read the title. Looks like I need to work on that though it is a very normal human emotion/reaction. The real test is not how you feel about something but how you react......or don't react to something.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I wasnt angry when I read the title, but I was curious and wanted
to read the reasons why you think that.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Lemarchand do you truly believe that all Christians are morons or is that just sort of part of this experiment?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
AshleyD, where are you? This thread needs your super powers.
And I'm staying out of this one this time.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

My honest reaction to your thread title upon seeing it in the list of recent posts? Well, after being recently involved in several threads accusing Christians of being ATS bullies who are vandalizing the forum and persecuting the poor atheists, I was wryly amused to see a thread title attacking our faith yet again and calling us delusional morons but for some reason we are the bad guys who insult others and are destroying ATS.

Interesting psychological experiment, though. To be honest, I was a tad bit miffed, yes.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A closed/aggressive statement is likely to attract a closed/aggressive reply or knee jerk reaction. Choice of words is key to creating more questions. When ego is involved, it brings out the ego in others. Many egos are looking for the opportunity to strengthen.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

When I first saw your title, I thought, "Man, this place is just loaded with anti-Christian hate." So, I clicked on the title because I going to tell people to stop being haters and just have a normal, friendly conversation. I wish a lot of people would hear this, Atheists and Christians. The Religious Conspiracies forum has long been in a state of informality, and stained by angry opinions on either side of the wheel.

Let's put it this way. I do get angry when threads have titles like this one, but only because people are not saying anything nice. Both sides are not saying anything that would remotely have effect on anybody, only because it is angry. Being a Christian has taught me that you don't win hearts by hate, but by acting kind.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still up.. I was deducted ATS points because of my posts here.. Yes one post here... Please.

This thread is Insulting and Trash.

Thanks MODS!!!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yes, I felt a little anger, and then I just felt sorry for you, that you don't know Jesus in your heart! I think it is OK to feel anger when someone is blaspheming our Precious Lord, Jesus Christ, who died on the cross to save us from our sins! Do you really not like Christians, or is this just an experiment? There are so many smug, arrogant atheists on this board. They are so happy in their smug, arrogant little bubble, without any fear of God, and not realizing the fact that they will burn for eternity. How smart is that? I choose the Trinity: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, to guide my life! I want to spend eternity in heaven, singing in an Angel Choir, and praising our Heavenly Father! I pray for the ones who don't know Jesus, that they will come to know him and his goodness and mercy shall follow them, all the days of their lives!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemarchand
If you read the thread title and your initial reaction was anger or some type of negative emotion, ....Please share your opinions and honest responses.

Nope. No anger or negative emotion. Just pity for the thread starter.
Pity ... I figured it was somebody in their early 20s who was uneducated, out of work, still living in his/her parents house - probably in their basement, and either had no life or got crapped on by a fundamentalist Christian ....

You asked for my opinion and honest reponse - there it is.
My response was pretty much ... nothing.
No biggie.

Oh .. and around here if you say something like that then you are more likely to get people to stop by and shake your hand rather than get angry. If you are trying to get people angry with that then you are in the wrong place - IMHO.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemarchand

You should ask yourself:

-why did I feel anger over a few words, a poster, or someone I don't even know?
-why would I give, someone that is irrelevant to me, so much power?
-why do I need to be defensive about Jesus or of my religion?

Curiosity is what got me to take a look at this thread. It struck me that this was going to be a rant. I could care less what anybody chooses to believe in. It's a personal choice everyone should be allowed to make.

I am sorry if I offended you, but it is interesting when "religious" people are defensive, i.e. when a large community of Muslims became enraged when the prophet Muhammad was portrayed negatively in a cartoon. I have no doubts that people truly believe in what they believe, but I find the defensive reactions very interesting.

I don't believe you are sorry for offending anyone, since you furthur down in this quote offend Muslims. If you cared about why they became enraged you would research and find out that they do not believe in images of Muhammad being portrayed in any form, let alone a cartoon.

To let you know... some, I shall call "Satanists" feed on these responses, and it comes so easily. It is like a quick fix, a drug, but for free.

I have never heard of this before. I would like to know what you are basing this thought on? Are you a Satanist? Do you know any Satanists?

Please share your opinions and honest responses.

Honestly, I think you are just trying to start trouble.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join