It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Are Nothing But Dellusional Morons & Jesus Was A..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I agree that this thread serves no purpose really but to inspire hate. Why would you purposefully create a thread directed towards a specific group of people, slandering them, just to see their reaction? I'm not even a Christian and this thread pisses me off. Not because of the subject matter, but because the OP is doing nothing but hate mongering. Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this?

[edit on 5/31/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemarchand
Please share your opinions and honest responses.

When I read the thread title I thought: "I'm the moron? At least I know how to spell 'delusional...'"

I am curious as to why you would post something that you know is going to get a rise out of folks. And then I bet that you are going to wonder why none of the folks to whom this thread is directed will be interested in anything you have to say.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I believe the intent of the OP was to bring to awareness the effectiveness of the inner robot. I for one am very thankful for the OP's willingness to reveal such.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
yeah, but at the same time, it's a loaded statement. You can't just go into a room full of black people, scream "I hate n----ers" and not expect to piss anyone off. Which is essentially what the OP did. He went into the religious forum, and provoked the Christians with a loaded statement. OF COURSE that's gonna make people mad.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I fail to see how the title of this thread could incite hate.

It is a psychological test.

Those who respond negatively are being given the chance to observe their own reactions and realize that their negative/defencive response is their own creation. This being exposed, they have the means to eliminate it, not only in regard to their religion, but in all areas of their lives. This lesson is a stepping stone to stress reduction.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And its not the statement that irks me, its the pointlessness of the experiment. to see if people get mad when you provoke them? i'm sorry, but going into the religion thread and screaming "christians are dellusional morons" is not an intelligent experiment.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Its not hate that people feel I think it gives people with Christian belief and knowledge a chance to help people like your self because its the stray sheep that needs a good shepard not the ones that are found.

Also from a spiritual point of view since there is this great anti-Christ attitude on the web because of this man called Jesus and everything about him is denied good or bad from what ever views people take nothing that is true in the Bible is untrue about peoples behavious towards it and Jesus as it was written then as it is now compared to the never changing man's reactions to it. Being ridiculed as the Bible clearly states and its attitudes from the Romans and the Jews of that time alike for trying to sell the message is no different a process in which many Christians today have the same treatments with. Many places try and ban the Bible and make JESUS sound like a swear word that can not be said.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't understand why non-christians have to always start crap with christians, whether it is the op's intentions or not.

As far as I'm concerned, atheists should just leave christians alone. If what we're doing is so ignorant, and moronic, why bother? Can't we just be left alone to handle our ignorant acts by ourselves? Or do we really need people standing over our shoulders correcting every little thing that they believe to be untrue?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'd like to save Christians, as well as others, from needing a religion.

We are all one, and everyone is "God". Everyone is the same, so let's all be cool to each other.
No need to make it all complicated. It's pretty simple.

Your opinions on "your" religion are not your own, no matter how much you defend them.

This is why a lot of people just can't stand the "JesusFreaks", because they just have to interject "their" faith into everything... and where is the individual thought there? It's all filtered through the Vatican, whether you think so or not. They have complete control over your thoughts, by instilling these mental filters inside your head.

Maybe in your own personal world, the land of Jesus and Mary and Moses is a charming place... and if that makes you a good tolerant compassionate open minded person, it's not so bad...

But look at the majority of the world under these religions! I've never met a person of any religion who doesn't cling to a few dogmas which swing them out of step with people of other religions.

It's a bunch of people warring over something they have absolutely no clue about!

It's playing out like either somebody's gotta be wrong, or else everybody's gotta just live with everyone thinking that they are right. That's not gunna happen, because indeed we are all part of the same thing, and if everyone just knew that, we could stop warriing over who's got it right... because NO religion really does. All religion does is separate us into little egotistical worlds with walls separating us from other worlds of possibility.

Why can't we all just admit that we don't truly know exactly what lies ahead of us or what has been behind? but just be optimistic that there are great things out there, and that we are all in this ride together... just everybody be open minded about everything?

Hey... for all I know, there is this place called "heaven" and Jesus is chilling up there and being a great guy, and he has a father with a big white beard and stuff... but that's not the only path we take, or it would be instinctual... so why believe that it is the only way? Why confine your mind to one possibility?

I'm not saying anybody is wrong.... but what IS wrong is the Vatican making a bunch of little sock puppets preaching that "this is the only way to eternity", because it is definitely NOT. I must learn patience with these sock puppets types, but for some reason, I think they would rather defend their dogmas to death. Therefore, I'd rather they get out of the way of everyone else's evolution.

If it was the only way, then Christianity would have always been a part of the world, and it would have made the world into a beautiful loving compassionate place... but look what happened!

Exactly the opposite.

So... is the Christian religion good for the world?

No, most certainly not.

Have some of the teachings of Jesus helped some people become a better person? I have no doubt that it has. Compassion and love is a great thing.

But more often than not... people take religious concepts to the extreme, because they are reflecting the state of religion as a whole, which is secular and combative with each other. So their desciphles become secular and combative themselves.

If they were all telling the truth to you, and they all weren't in it for money and power... they wouldn't have started their "religious" campaigns in the first place. They would be working together to understand the great mysteries of existence. We would possibly have true liberty if people hadn't hijacked the messages of the great teachers, instead of murdering them and then turning them into idols of worship. It is not Jesus you should know. It is his message, and the message of countless others, who have been saying basically the same thing all along.

We are all one, so to make existence in this skin as comfortable as possible, make love, not war.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Why do the christians in this thread ASSUME that we are attacking THEM ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you are probably ALL really good people.... I know I am...are you?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

now we are fighting amongst each other.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

don`t you see? if there was no religion, then we would not
have anything to fight about...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Love is the most powerful force in the universe.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hate is the most destructive force in the universe

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I believe in God
but
what is god?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

is it what the christian bible says?
is it what the islam bible says?
is it what the jewish bible says?
is it what the protestant bible says?
is it what the Jehovah's bible says?
ect,ect,ect ?????

what about the natives and there believes?
they were here long before any of us and we don`t even consider
their believes.

I am God
so are You
so are WE
all of US

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Christians please answer this:

What is the Sermon on the Mount, and how does it correlate with the Parable of the Vine and Branches?

What does the parable of the lowest seat mean?

Luke 14:7-11

He spoke a parable to those who were invited, when he noticed how they chose the best seats, and said to them, "When you are invited by anyone to a marriage feast, don’t sit in the best seat, since perhaps someone more honorable than you might be invited by him, and he who invited both of you would come and tell you, ‘Make room for this person.’ Then you would begin, with shame, to take the lowest place. But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when he who invited you comes, he may tell you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at the table with you. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

What is the meaning of the Parable of the Vine and Branches?

John 15:1-8

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine dresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.
"You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.

How does all of this relate to the OP?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
When I first read it I thought

"Respect other peoples beliefs

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

LOL You obviously have no idea do you? Do you realize how shallow your viewpoint is in contrast to what I believe.
The bible was inspired outside time there are many historical evidence for this that people try to deny but can't because some of it is recorded history not fantasy.
I believe that the bible portrays and ancient Genetic/DNA war that has been going on for thousands of years, the Allen abduction phenomena backs up my claims with so many people now claiming the experience to be "extra-dimensional" in nature.These beings are in control behind the scenes but they control through men. Men who embrace selfishness and greed men who embrace evil and reject a living God.
These beings have for years enslaved mankind to feed off his energies. The bible tells us early on that it is a war over the souls of men. We are just containers they either want a container of there own and they can't have that , so they steal ours and use us up. They also try to persuade us in our lifetime to fully reject the idea of God and of course Jesus.Yes it sure seems like a fairy tale on the surface. But if you would actually look at some historical facts along with the whole purpose of the Alien agenda.Compare all this to what the bible and the book of Enoch and the "dead sea scrolls" have to say. You will find consistency in agenda on both side of good and evil.Even the secret society's everyone posts about on here actually give credence to the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Fantasy you say? Fantasy is believing that we popped into existence from nothing with no creator. That is fantasy in my OPINION. I know allot of you consider religious folks "simple" in nature. You think they are not smart. Please don't take this personally but I find all your science and all your theories of who the universe came to be ... well frankly really shallow... I mean cmon dood your comparing more or less Jesus and the tooth fairy? To me your so simple minded you have soooooo far to go to even understand that most basic idea of who the universe came to be.. And people with this kinda of mentality is why we still don't know s%^t about it...can you people try and think with some depth. I want to be clear I am not religious.I do believe in Jesus Christ though.I believe he is the supreme being of the universe manifested as a man to save us from these rebel beings.I do NOT however believe in the tooth fairy!I don't believe it's about being a perfect person or it's about not drinking booze thats religion!!!It's not about rules and what you should do and not do again.. thats religion.. and because of religion is why you rejected this as truth to begin with more than likely.. forget religious people man!!But listen to people like me and others that post on here that the Gospel is truly about saving us from the clutches of Evil beings (fallen angels)Try and prove the bible true to yourself for a change instead of trying to prove it wrong.Try and think outside the box.Try and act in direct opposite of your bias due to ignorance because that is what it is for sure .. ignorance .. big time...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

If I want to make a huge idol of Muhammad cast out of ten years worth of ear wax and display it proudly on my lawn, that is my right and NO muslim has the right to make me take it down. Religious freedom is a great thing, and maybe they should learn some tolerance of others. If someone wants to draw pictures of Muhammad every day of the week, they should be allowed to and not have to worry about some radical muslim coming to burn down their house. They are allowed to get mad, enraged, and as hateful as they want, but the second they start killing, kidnapping, or assaulting people because we could care less about Muhammad and they think hes the greatest thing since sliced bread, well too bad - deal with it.

Now, on topic, the OP did not draw any resentment from me. I find current religion as a means to control the masses and to benefit the people in power. That is not to say religion doesn't have its place, because I am quite spiritual. I just think that what religion has become is not what it was supposed to be. And the OP is right about religion causing wars, and making neighbors kill neighbors. But then again, if there was no religion, I am sure we would find something else to kill each other over.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

One thing your right about..I assumed from you post that You didn't believe in God.I stand corrected.
One of the Gods you listed is the true and one God.
Someone is wrong and someone is right.
I say you recongnize love?Then your recongnizing the true God .. who manifested as the Son of God.
Jesus is that light and God is love right?Jesus said if you have seen me.. you have seen the Father.
We are not God we are "God like"...
If you reject Jesus as God your rejecting the ultimate truth. And your rejecting your spirit being "entangled" with the source of the universe spirit.End result is Death spirituall and physically.I say it like this. When everything is said and done.. if your not on the creators Desktop you will be deleted.How can one get on the creators desktop .. Believe upon Jesus Christ as the vehicle to God that's how..
And yes I realize this whole thing was a test and would expose certain aspects of Christians mentality to "win" the lost or whatever you wanna call it but hey... I don't mind being baited since the end result is knowledge is shared .. hopefully both sides learn something .. I have..

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemarchand

Why is this thread allowed? I thought the 'term and conditions' of ATS do not allow hatefull posts. If you had questions about our religion or any religion I am sure no one would mind answering them but provoking a strong arguement based on ignorance IS IDIOTIC!

Just my .02

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You start with this:

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
I'd like to save Christians, as well as others, from needing a religion.

Then you move to this:

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
This is why a lot of people just can't stand the "JesusFreaks", because they just have to interject "their" faith into everything...

Umm...

So it's OK for you to interject your belief on Christians that people don't need religion?

How does that work?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

I'm only here because you keep talking about the vatican being in control of us Christians.
I don't know where you're from, but, in America (and other places) the MAJORITY of believers are Protestant.

Also, I used to feel the same way as the OP(seems to feel).
Now, I'm a believer.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think this thread should have been nuked the second it went up as a violation of T&C.

If you had any other purpose that to spread hate and show your ignorance, it's lost on me.

MODS?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Let these souls have their hatefull words... this is supposed to happen christians.. The bible says we will be overcome until christ comes back and be sluaghtered by antichrist..

They post because of their insecurities.. they don't want God to exist so they need to attack believers for no reason...

this is the difference between open minded souls and fools like this...

we can't prove God, they cannot disprove him... yet this is where an open mind comes in..

the girl in my sig surely knows what she has seen, so have I, and so have 2000 years of saints who seen miracles... and Christ himself who worked them..

Now take lesson from these people because they ruin themselves by their speech..

The christian is taught to love your enemies and not use hate speech, whereas they use hate speech and are not told not too..

true christians are told to not use hate speech...

and you see this is what seperates.. (mans) heart from (Gods) heart... because without God teaching us to love your enemies we would only love those who like us and only our own..

But true perfection is in loving everybody even your enemies..

and MY all the hmmmmmmmmms in the world don't prove anything but your unsincere way of speaking which is beyond seeable...

goofballs..

I love you guys though.. keep doing your thing...

peace.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join