It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOMEONE! who saw the Denver, alien footage today, must have some info....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Very dissapointed.

Not showing the video right then and there is unacceptable. I'm certain the members of the press who humped it all the way to Denver were steaming and feeling duped. It makes you feel used.

To delay only makes it suspect. Now everyone will naturally think this is a P.R. stunt, and rightly so. Even if this is genuine, treating everyone like idiots by making us buy a DVD is absurd. I'm so angry I could almost care less that its real or not, this makes me even angrier on top of angry thinking about a unique opportunity to broadcast being blown on this guy who has to make a documentary. We don't flippin care about a full-blown documentary, just show the freakin gray already. Anything of this magnitued is public domain, sorry, trying to make a buck off of this is hillbillly at best.

As far as the source: Stan Romanek has an interesting, authentic looking website. He has posted mathematical postulates he says come to him in his sleep. There are several PhDs listed as references to these notes/drawings. I didn't delve into the witness videos.

Romanek certainly isn't the only contactee, and he puts himself forward as some sort of expert above others on his website and in certain comments and statements, and now this P.R. Peckman maneuver.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We are all waiting for Ufology’s smoking gun to appear and every time it seems like it might eventually present itself, something like this carnival show alien video comes along to lay down a smoke trail again. Interesting how this pops up after two weeks the Vatican allegedly makes statements in favor of the existence of extraterrestrial life. Great move by the owner of the video. Perfect timing as always especially if the purpose of the video is to induce doubt. Unfortunately patience is a virtue. I used to believe that in my lifetime, Ufology’s smoking gun would show itself for all to see. I’m not so sure anymore. I don’t even think that those in the KNOW have to concern themselves too much with regards to disinformation. Incidents like this new video come along and do the work for them. Those in the know might pull a few strings such as having the main stream media roll out the red carpet for them but they are certainly not over exerting themselves in the act. They’ll sit back and laugh and I’ll sit back and wait. This ones a dud therefore with a little hope, maybe next time.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spencer Tracy
I think it's a little premature to comment on a video that we've only seen one frame of, then completely dismiss it as a fraud.

Rest assured that if this guy is hawking a fake, he and everyone connected to him will never sell another video or recover an ounce of credibility within the UFO investigation community.

I'm waiting for the video to make a call.

+1

Lets let the guys with 30 years experience with video analysis do their job. Then watch the full video for yourself. People love to spout out comments. Opinions are like a$$ holes, everyone has one. Time will tell whether or not this is a hoax or the real thing.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I can only hope there's a real good video behind this, because that one screenshot looks beyond pathetic. It surprises me how the maker of that video is able to raise that much public attention while at the same time, a whole lot of better crafted "evidence" doesnt even raise a public eyebrow.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Anyone notice that at the bottom it looks like there are lines like teeth? Wasn't sure if that was pointed out. It could be from the horrible quality though.

[edit on 08531 by Echo3Foxtrot]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok. So, I've been interested in aliens, UFOs and space since I was a little kid, and I am always looking forward to seeing some definitive proof of visitations. What I do not understand, and what virtually all of the people interested in this subject fail to explain is the following:

If aliens are visiting Earth, they obviously have advanced technology and, if they wanted to make contact they could do so in a most dramatic fashion very easily - which obviously then have not. So, that leads me to the conclusion that if they are visiting then it must be on covert operations, right? So if they DON'T want to be seen then why do they have lights on their ships and why are they wasting their time sculking around various non-descript backyards and peeping in on teenage girls?
Surely they would be much more busy carrying out serious recce and espionage of our military establishments and communications infrastructure.

None of it adds up; as much as I would love to believe it. If you even leave aside the shoddy quality of the video evidence, the actual logic (and I'm assuming any advanced civilisation will follow logic as it is the 'physics' of any society and system, from tiny particles in space through to complex mamals on Earth) just is not there.

If they want us to know they are here they will let us know beyond doubt very easily. If they dont then they simply are not going to be peering in randomers windows in nowhere parts of America.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
peckman is in it for the money because I believe he needs money to start the commision that people will vote on.

Stan seems like an honest guy who's not in it for the money. If anything, someone hoaxed Stan by trying to scare him with a puppet. I don't think Stan hoaxed us.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i really like how people can start to think that they know that whatever is out there looks nothing like us. have you ever stopped to think that the reason that we are at the top in this world is because of the way we are made, and the way our bodies are. perhaps things that are shaped and formed similar to us are the best blueprint for being intelligent... just trying to open your mind a bit

just because they are from somewhere else does not mean they have to look totally different from anything that you have ever seen.

did you ever stop to think for a moment that movies that have those stereotypical aliens in them are getting that from descriptions they have read/seen from people talking about being abducted?

please, don't come in here with that kind of close mindedness. it's really just silly to do something like that, why don't we all just hold off on the screaming of hoax until we see the full video in it's entirety, instead of watching a few spoof videos and looking at a screen shot.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheObjectReport

hey man, it's the american way. you need money to survive. if you have something that people would be willing to pay for, you're damn skippy that you should try to sell it instead of giving it away, blame it on capitalism. can't blame the man, he lives on a gov't pension and has a wife and 3 kids. he needs the money as bad as your or I.

now as far as not just turning it over to the news outlets and telling them to have a field day with it. maybe he is trying to hype it up to get as many people interested in it as possible. if you just show something with no research to back it up, it's going to looked at as a hoax, if you wait to make something public until you can actually prove that it is authentic then you stand a much better chance at getting your point across.

case in point, if you were trying to get attention on something, would you covertly post it on Youtube, or would you hype it up for a few months before you made it public? some people feel he shouldn't be trying to make a buck off this, but i say that if he can, then more power to him, cause i know that i would make money off of it if i had something like he is claiming to have. what good is the fame without the riches.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I would have to say hoax. Apparently the window is 8 feet off the ground from outside?? They still suspect a peeping tom though haha, so they setup a video cam corder with night vision capability and point it at the window from the inside. Low and behold an ALIEN! This sounds so ridiculous and fabricated! Then they have this conference and show 1 lousy still shot thumbnail sized picture. You would think if it was real footage it would be plastered all over the place but noooo they got to be obscure about it. Sounds like a profiteering scheme to me.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by sean]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I do not believe anybody who does something for personal gain as this guy is doing. The only reason for "restrictions" and "hype" is PERSONAL GAIN.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Heres the video

www.disclose.tv...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Does the fact that he is not showning it to the public not just show that it is false? Given that they are going to use it in a Documentry, I think it is all being done for hype. I am sorry, but if you have evidence of ET and you wanna make a name for yourself, release it. If you got no evidence of ET and you wanna make a name for yourself, say it is coming soon in a doc. Considering that no body from this conference has really talked about it, does that not say it all?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i really like how people can start to think that they know that whatever is out there looks nothing like us. have you ever stopped to think that the reason that we are at the top in this world is because of the way we are made, and the way our bodies are. perhaps things that are shaped and formed similar to us are the best blueprint for being intelligent... just trying to open your mind a bit

just because they are from somewhere else does not mean they have to look totally different from anything that you have ever seen.

did you ever stop to think for a moment that movies that have those stereotypical aliens in them are getting that from descriptions they have read/seen from people talking about being abducted?

please, don't come in here with that kind of close mindedness. it's really just silly to do something like that, why don't we all just hold off on the screaming of hoax until we see the full video in it's entirety, instead of watching a few spoof videos and looking at a screen shot.

I have to agree with this statement.

People yell hoax, without any investigation.

How do they know how a real extra terrestrial will look?

What are people basing their judgement on? They have no idea how a real one will look, so yelling hoax and fake on every video or picture makes no sense.

You have to wait until the video is investigated.

I have to ask these people who are yelling hoax, how does a real extra terrestrial picture look?

People keep saying there's no evidence or no pic of a real visitor, but how would they know?

Every pic and video of an ET has not been debunked in any way, shape or form.

Yet all you see is people yelling fake without any proof

How would you know a fake ET from a real ET?

I think this is a built in by skeptics and some who agree with ufology fall for it.

You can't say there's no video evidence of ET's because you don't know how a real ET would look, so there's no basis for a skeptic yelling fake.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
They showed one photo in the news and it looked like a translucent "Grey" with eyes that resembled "ET" looking at the camera.

You could see right throught he "alien" and clearly see the door that was behind it.... My BS meter pegged, it looked fake to me.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by bismarcksea]

Uhm... I'm not saying it's real, but I think you are an idiot.

The reason? because when you say you can see "right through the alien and clearly see the door behind it" You must have totally missed the fact that the supposed alien was OUTSIDE of the window, and you didn't see through whatever it was, you saw the reflection from the window before seeing whatever was supposed to be outside the window.

Come on people, let's deal with the merits of a photograph here, and not be foolish in our critiques.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Anyone notice that at the bottom it looks like there are lines like teeth? Wasn't sure if that was pointed out. It could be from the horrible quality though.

[edit on 08531 by Echo3Foxtrot]

I, for one, hope that still photo isn't the one they are harping on about being part of the video.
It looks carp.
Any idea when the thing is getting released into the public domain? If at all?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So Jeff Peckman says in an interview that he didn't even take the film and doesn't own the rights to it.
Some guy, Stan Rominack(sp?) took it 2 years ago, and owns it.
Don't remember hearing that before, but I could be wrong.
He said that negotiations are underway for a documentary based around the footage, so don't hold you breath waiting to see it.
The interview is under top videos, sorry I couldn't put a direct link

Man claims to have video of an alien visit

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think it's fake and this is why: why would you just film your window? "Oh I think I'll video my window tonight. I just know an alien is going to peep into my window. Yeah tonights the night I'll get to prove to the world those little boogers exist."

I'm not saying they don't exist. Personally I think our government has some kind of program in place with them. Maybe the reason we've never seen them is because it's in their contract. Maybe the government doens't want them to let the public see them in fear of a panic.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jalien
reply to post by StargateSG7

My god, what you guys did is not video editing, its more like a 5 year old pushing buttons on a keyboard, pls dont drag video editors skills down to the level of bad you guys just hit, second that video you claimed to be the video, was posted like in the second post on this subject and it was made by a guy and 90 dollars to prove you could fake an alien....has this become a daycare center now

-----

And what may I ask indicated to you this was done by 5 years olds?

Did I not say that is IS A SPOOF video that's already been released
and that it is NOT the actual Denver video?

The video quality itself was PISS-POOR CRAPPY, so of course there are
going to be MPEG artifacts and DCT block artifacts when filters
are applied - You SHOULD know SOMETHING about that if YOU'RE an editor?

I'm used to editing HD-CAM 4:4:4:4 footage that DOESN'T HAVE artifacts
on a DPS/Harris Velocity HD editing system which is a hell of a lot
better than the crappy Adobe Premiere 6.5 I used to edit this.
And Premiere's filters are definitely sucky but until I get Final Cut Pro at home, it will have to do for now........

I also noticed that Youtube cut off the first 10 seconds of my titles
which is annoying plus this has been re-encoded at less than 500 kbits/second
which SUCKS!!!!!!

Unless you can upload at 720 by 480 pixels non-interlaced
at 5000 to 6000 k/bits a second, then Youtube basically SUCKS
as a distribution medium !!!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

You dont get it. At all. You need to actually read the entire thread, better yet, read both threads going on this for the full story.

I wish they had kept the whole thing quiet until the documentary was made if this is all true.

Am i the only one who heard c2c? Am i the only one who saw Larry King?
Am i the only one who saw "dramatization" on the screen when they showed the wobbly ET peeking around a corner?
Do you know this man, Stan, has had a history of contact and implants in his body since he was a child?
Did you know that there's supposed to be lots more to that one picture of the peeping alien behind this? Like flashing lights, etc?
Do you know that this happened 5 years ago and the film has undergone a series of verifications for these years? How about that aliens wont leave him alone?

Now i know this post will be like the rest and remain "unread"- but please educate yourselves as to all the facts before you continue bashing this.

My first impresion as i said before after watching Larry King is that the head on the being is waaay too heavy for that little neck its clumsy.
It didnt quite convince me-

But i dont know the full story either.

I think the main premis of the video is to show a long story that started many years ago- its also a call to those in government who know of these entities to finally come clean as well as the government. I think if this is the case, its a good service to us who always scream "DISCLOSURE"!!!
to try to get to the bottom of the truth.

There is no link to this post, this is what i know, as i have been paying attention and wanted to share it once more.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join