It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in my apartment and I got it on video

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cadavaler

I wouldn't worry too much about people crying fake, if you look at some of their comments on other threads you will see they scream fake for just about anything, its just their way of saying they are terrified to admit there is more to the universe than science.

I would love to see some of them in the situation you found yourself in, and that is what most of these people are missing, the lack of experience of paranormal events, to them the world is black and white.

Anyhow good video and well done in being brave enough to go and check it out, have you considered locking off a camera in the room for a few hours? you may well catch a lot more if the room is left quiet for a while.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
QUOTE:"For everyone who says they see the ghost. it isn't there. It is simply your brains trying to see what it wants in a badly pixelated video, much like the "this is an alien reptile shape shifter" videos that used to be presented on this site every other day. "

I believe my brain interprets what my eyes see. My eyes barely see a purplish body shape moving around in front of a piano. My ears hear moaning, and a scared person. My brain is trying to figure out how that is possible. Something is there. And my brain says "If it isn't a ghost, then it is a well made video" [edit on 1-6-2008 by seagrass]

From the moment of being a baby (aprox. 3 - 4 months old) our BRAINS developpe in such a way we can see FACES. It's very well known in phsycology that we DO see faces and fugures in EVERYTHING. That's just HOW the brains work.

QUOTE: "MIT scientists are reporting new insights into how the human brain recognizes objects, especially faces, in work that could lead to improved machine vision systems, diagnostics for certain neurological conditions and more.

Past studies of human behavior and the work of many artists have suggested that context plays a role in recognition. The team used functional magnetic resonance imaging to map neuronal responses of the brain's fusiform face area (FFA) to a variety of images.
Only the clear faces and blurred faces with proper contextual cues elicited strong FFA responses." (source: Elizabeth A. Thomson; New insights into how we recognize faces)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

QUOTE:"For everyone who says they see the ghost. it isn't there. It is simply your brains trying to see what it wants in a badly pixelated video, much like the "this is an alien reptile shape shifter" videos that used to be presented on this site every other day. "

I believe my brain interprets what my eyes see. My eyes barely see a purplish body shape moving around in front of a piano. My ears hear moaning, and a scared person. My brain is trying to figure out how that is possible. Something is there. And my brain says "If it isn't a ghost, then it is a well made video" [edit on 1-6-2008 by seagrass]

From the moment of being a baby (aprox. 3 - 4 months old) our BRAINS developpe in such a way we can see FACES. It's very well known in phsycology that we DO see faces and fugures in EVERYTHING. That's just HOW the brains work.

QUOTE: "MIT scientists are reporting new insights into how the human brain recognizes objects, especially faces, in work that could lead to improved machine vision systems, diagnostics for certain neurological conditions and more.

Past studies of human behavior and the work of many artists have suggested that context plays a role in recognition. The team used functional magnetic resonance imaging to map neuronal responses of the brain's fusiform face area (FFA) to a variety of images.
Only the clear faces and blurred faces with proper contextual cues elicited strong FFA responses." (source: Elizabeth A. Thomson; New insights into how we recognize faces)

I didn't say I see a face, in fact I don't, I see a body shape. I have a BS degree in Psych. I am aware of the face recognition response. The best cloud I ever saw looked like Abe Lincoln laying on a bed with a cup of steaming tea on his chest. I knew it was a cloud. I don't think this is a face on Mars.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If I saw a purplish body shape in a field, instead of in front of a "contextual" piano, I think I would still think it was freaky.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My little Wyoming two cents:

I see a body form with very very little detail.

I am certainly on the fence on this, and I feel just in that position. Anyone who feels real strongly either way may not be acting objectivly.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

The video is very intriguing, but the purplish cast is characteristic of lens flare -- I have an Olympus that picks up the same color when there's too much light in the lens. The sunlight coming through the window in this video certainly qualifies.

Also, the piano has 'soft' keys. (The keyboard is very uneven.) The felts and springs and other materials within (mostly different sorts of cloth) compress with age and use, just like our spines. Soft keys can move easily (with or without help) and you won't necessarily see the movement. (You're only seeing a fraction of the key on the outside of the piano.)

This piano may be an old player, but the only pertinent aspect would be, if hoaxing is involved, the ease with which you can flip the front down (the wood just beneath the ends of the keys) to insert a little fishing line to cause a note to play, seen or unseen. If it's not a player, rigging it would only take a couple minutes longer.

Intentional fraud or simple mistake, or even an actual anomaly? I don't know. It's one of the more interesting videos I've ever seen, though, and if the camera operator was watching what was going on via the camera's screen, he'd likely have seen the purple haze. However, because I've seen the violet shades in my own photos and videos, and because I can tune a piano (but not a fish), I'm inclined to think there's no true anomaly here. . . But I'd love it if I were wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Dude Close the window

and get the mice out of the piano

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i still say it's odd that he just happens to have a ghostly encounter, caught on video, just 2 days after he registers for ATS.

for the people who say "these are just people who say everything is fake", i must say most, if not all, are fake. in fact i have yet to see a video that proves anything about ghosts existing or extra terrestrials. this is not to say they do not exist, but it would be nice when someone actually has indisputable proof.

there are people who just want to believe everything and there are others who take a logical and/or skeptical approach.

if coolism and others believe it's a ghost, then so be it. i, on the other hand, need more proof than a note be played and a book getting pulled off of a piano.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by tjsteeler]

[edit on 1-6-2008 by tjsteeler]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't know how anyone would be able to prove there are ghosts, unless you could capture one in a glass, and study it. (although I don't know what tools you would use for that either)
A photo or video would never be accepted as a proof. Especially with our technology and skills. What would consitute proof? Your own eyes? (course, then you would suspect your brain of trickery)
A scientist? I don't trust them either. ( who are they working for?)
I have never seen a ghost or a UFO. (with my own eyes)
But this video is the closest I have come to thinking it might be so. I have seen videos of UFO's that looked pretty real too. (still on the fence on both)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Cadavaler is the only one who knows whether or not he has moaning mice in his piano, lens flares, or fillament string, and if that was a true entity. I don't trust camera and video professionals to tell me what he saw. I would rather trust Cadavaler, and that he is a decent honest husband.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's sad that we today have to be skeptic about videos like this because of hoaxers and people starving for attention...I don't know how authentic this is but it doesn't really matter because I believe in apparitions/ghosts/etc...

This video neither confirmed, nor denied any sort of activity. It did serve its purpose though. If it's real- I would recommend leaving your camera out by that piano and seeing if it does anything again...Although I doubt it is- its fascinating.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I haven't read the thread and I'm not going to because the hoax video doesn't deserve me spending my time on 7 pages.

I'm sure some one has already pointed this out, but in seeing the video one time it is obvious it has a looped sound-bite of "holy # *note*" over and over...it becomes blatantly apparent later in the video when both the "holy #" and the note get drawn out the same amount.

I listened to it several times again, and I hear variations in the oh #s, one is definately different, (and there is a jump in it, like he was attempting to take a breath in the middle of one) So I don't think it is looped per se.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PimpyMcgibbins
It's sad that we today have to be skeptic about videos like this because of hoaxers and people starving for attention...I don't know how authentic this is but it doesn't really matter because I believe in apparitions/ghosts/etc...

This video neither confirmed, nor denied any sort of activity. It did serve its purpose though. If it's real- I would recommend leaving your camera out by that piano and seeing if it does anything again...Although I doubt it is- its fascinating.
I don't know if that particular "ghost" will come back a second time. I think Cadavaler scared the crap out of her.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
WHAT IF: There is a person on a different timeline or vibration that is telling people she saw an apparition while she was playing the piano, and no one believes her? lmao

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiker

I think the keys will still move up and down if there are critters messing with the strings insode.

In fact, rigging the strings should do the same thing. If he were creating a hoax, in this case it would have to be recorded notes because even a player piano has the keys moving. There is a diner inside the Pentagon that has a player type piano, and the keys move when it plays. The "old time" ones are the same, i think.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i was bored, so i read this entire weird thread.

i was hoping for more cooperation from the OP, but nope just five or so pages in, he surfaces just to post that he felt scared that everyone was checking out his past videos, like he had no idea people could do that, ignoring praise and pantomime.

these types of videos are useless, because CONTEXT and RAW video are the only ways to get answers. i am more a believer than not, but who cares when someone posts/throws possible evidence out there, just to do it, not to really give solid proof and not to cooperate.

the OP seems old enough [he said he has a wife] to realize nobody is going to accept this as real without some coaxful narration or without a platter of unedited video. but his ignorance on how available his posted videos are to the world, makes me almost think he's one of those tech-incompetent fellows that would be incapable of a successful hoax. unless it's an act.

who knows!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

I didn't say I see a face, in fact I don't, I see a body shape. I have a BS degree in Psych. I am aware of the face recognition response. The best cloud I ever saw looked like Abe Lincoln laying on a bed with a cup of steaming tea on his chest. I knew it was a cloud. I don't think this is a face on Mars.

Don't trust what you see with eyes. The intepretation of what it cud be is only your brain trying to box it.

I never said it was a hoax, I just gave my opion point by point. I cud be real and that's why I gave some tips on HOW to encouter ghosts ;-)

Ppl shud be careful with ghosts they can be a huge annoyance or even mess with your emotions / mind. It's nothing funny to play around with

And they always appear for a REASON bc they are lost, they wanna give a message through or simply bc they are attracted to someone's (Soul/Energy) Light.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
On my computer, I can definitely see a purple shadow figure of a person! I'd like to hear more about this! Very interesting!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
yes, I agree, it is a little odd that he asked what we make of it, but didn't sitck around to find out once his other videos were posted. Maybe he thinks ATS is full of hackers instead of educated ppl.
If he was a hoaxer you would think he would be here to have fun with it. I mean, isn't that the point of hoaxing??

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

that is just so funny if u play with that ideer in your head.
hehe

think off it like most don't believe him and then NO one will ever believe her. hehe.

but then agian if he has scared her. then she would probably come back and scared him. so i think then he should but up the cam at the piano and wait and see if she comes back

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join