It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are UFOs a Diversion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just a thought...

What if the government has created UFOs as a diversion from what they really don't want people to know about? Suppose the government has another secret, like we are really alone in the universe and that there is no life in space. Yet the government wants to justify billions confiscated and redistributed on the space program, so they create UFOs to make people think it's worthwhile to explore space.

If we are allowed to "know" about UFOs, what is the REAL secret that is being hidden?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
no #e i was just thinkin bout this last night, with the recent mars landing wat if it is a diversion, but after all there is allot of space out there, how can there not be more intelligant civilizations than us. we don't even have the technology to closely examine solar systems in other galaxies and theres so many of them too far away to see even. damn, when i think about the universe it makes my head hurt, because if theres a universe, whats outside of it, wat made it, and wat the hell came before it? like there was a prototype universe and now we're the first gen universe, haha.... too much to think about....the government could pull off a diversion like that for sure tho

but yeah theres gotta be more intelligant life out there hands down, even if ufo's are a load of bull....

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

As to your question...

You really put alot of faith into the government considering their inability to get along with other governments, thier inability to protect its citizens from natural or man-made disasters, its inability to slow the explosion of oil prices, its inability to provide the commander and chief with good intelligence, and the list goes on (probably forever).

How would such a government know about the universe? Our best probes are just beyond our solar system and will go dead within a decade. How would such a government design an advanced vehicle with cloaking technology, fusion power, superconductors, repulsive force field etc? You really think our government or any other government is that powerful, knowledgable, advanced, coordinated, secret, etc... given all the incompetence they have displayed over the years??

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think it's a hoax...i go along with bill cooper in that regard,but i dont think we are alone in the universe...its just a big place..No way to find us really,takes thousands of years for radio signal to reach our closest Star,unless alien civilizations have other technology...but i have no clue what that would be to track a planet with life on it..So yah hoax imo..i think you are right.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome!

No, I don't think the government is competent AT ALL!

That's why I find the theory that the government is keeping UFOs a secret that will be disclosed somebody laughable. To the point of the thread, IF there is any chance the government is involved in UFO mythology, I would suggest it would be more to cover up and distract from something else rather than to cover up *real* UFOs flying around.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

highly unlikely that the ufo encounter i had was something from our goverment.

i didnt see any aliens waving at me that i know of,
... but what i did see was not human built. imo

besides my own personal proof.....there have been ufo sightings during the Eygyptian and Mayan times just to mention a few that are very old proves to me there are some that the gov. cannot be behind.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by easynow]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I thought about the ancient UFO sightings too.

I guess it would be a far stretch to claim that the ancient governments used UFOs as a diversion, wouldn't it?

That said, something still doesn't sit right with me about the current state of UFOs. They are almost TOO commonplace in culture for me to believe that there isn't some sort of conspiracy to push UFOs into the public consciousness for some reason.

What bothers me is that there is still no hard core, incontrovertible evidence anywhere, only bits and pieces, sort of like the Loch Ness Monster.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
nothing conclusive..all these pictures of objects flying in the sky from paintings during 15th 16th etc etc century really couldnt be described as Ufo's,along with most tablets i have seen pictures of..people usually already have the pre concieved idea that it is Ufo's so the object etc doesnt need to be great...the mind will fill in the rest.Plus given the fact we were flooded with ufo sightings after the nazi's and project paperclip,not too hard to think they were up to something.Why was it not human built and alien built exactly? Maybe the nazi's cracked a new form of physics...the American government threw money at them,not hard to think they got their moneys worth,dont know about the russians though.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

i understand your position and i would have to say that there are more sightings because of geometric progression of the population wich means there are more people looking than ever before.

well there is a ton of proof that ufo's are real....the question is for most is wether or not they are alien.

i dont have to debate this with myself anymore because of my experience but it is something i cannot prove to you....i wish i could

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by jamie83

i understand your position and i would have to say that there are more sightings because of geometric progression of the population wich means there are more people looking than ever before.

What's frustrating to me is that with the geometric progression of sightings is why aren't there any really convincing videos of UFOs on YouTube?

There are tons of lousy videos but none that really would turn a skeptic into a believer. You know, videos like a scene from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

Maybe even if UFOs are real, the government is fanning the flames of the mythology to help divert our attention from something else. It just seems like it's a very convenient distraction.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes and no... Ufos are real.... if they weren't the U.S goverment and the British govement wouldn't have programs specifically for it... However you are on the right track.. I beleive that they will manufacture an Alien threat in order to justify a New world order... this is part of a 3 prong plan.. number one is to protect the earth from climate change and pollution and food, number 2 will be the Alien threat, and number 3 will probaly be for financial stability... Now all 3 of these problems have some truth to them... but they will be turned up much more so that they will create panic and "force" all world goverments to get together "temporarily" during the crisis.... only it won't be temporary....

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

well i cant explain the blurry pictures and blurry video's of ufo's other than to say that if you had a clear picture of one....would it still be unidentified ?....hmmm

because of my encounter that i had, i think these craft are able to go in and out of different dimensions or have some type of cloaking device that distorts pictures and video.

i am no expert and this is just my opinion for whatever it's worth.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

It could also be that there is a certain number of ufos assinged to a number of Humans? therefore the increase in Ufo activity? a part of this may be that most people now have cameras... however one thing I do notice is that Mexico City is infamous for having tons of UFO sighting they have become so common that people don't even really pay them any attention! Even the airport controllers are used to them as they usually like to hang out on runways!!... now.... what does Mexico City have allot of??? PEOPLE!!In 2006 Greater Mexico City had a population of 19.2 million, making it the largest metropolitan area in the western hemisphere My question to you is this... where do you see most fisherman boats??? where there are the most fish!!!!!!!!!!!! I know my theory is disturbing.
I beleive we are a resource...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i think the answer to your puzzle here is that most of the space program is for military advantages and they would spend the money on it weather you believed in aliens or not.

edit to stay on topic

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Its funny though how shapes of ufos have changed from predominately saucer shaped to triangular shaped ufos. I wonder what caused the ufos to change direction in terms of the way thier crafts are shaped

[edit on 27-5-2008 by thesun]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i have a different view. i think we need to choke down the idea of "life from other wolds" before we can even think about those off earth lives being multi-dimensional.

i think people will swallow ET life at some point, it's the dimensional stuff that i think will just plow them over. this is why i think we are being conditioned to the relatively easy to comprehend idea of life from other worlds first.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thesun

They haven't actually changed. You are just seeing UFO's from more species than 1.

Each has their own design.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My personal experience tells me know.
See my other threads. Specifically:

CE-5 UFO Bozeman 2006
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Perhaps *ALL* UFO "extra-terrestrials" are actually PLFs (Programable Life Forms) or "intra-terrestrials" ...I don't know. I kinda doubt it. I wouldn't discount ETs visiting us.

It would take a Grand Conspiracy on such a scale, the suggestion of which would make even the most paranoid ATS'er blush.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by telepath]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
I guess it would be a far stretch to claim that the ancient governments used UFOs as a diversion, wouldn't it?

Yes it would.

That said, something still doesn't sit right with me about the current state of UFOs. They are almost TOO commonplace in culture for me to believe that there isn't some sort of conspiracy to push UFOs into the public consciousness for some reason.

No. The exact opposite is true! Ufo/aliens get next to zero coverage in mainstream news, newspapers, magazines, etc. The only coverage is from science fiction movies and the plot is usually lame.

What bothers me is that there is still no hard core, incontrovertible evidence anywhere, only bits and pieces, sort of like the Loch Ness Monster.

The reason for the lack of proof is because 99% of mainstream scientists and politicians have no access to the evidence and the few that do choose not to talk about it. They cannot talk about it because they have signed non disclosure agreements and speaking out could result in death or at the very least job dismissal followed with a hefty jail sentence.

What are we left with then? Hear-say and amateur photos! However don't be fooled if the picture/video is unclear because ufos are known to cloak and thus are almost invisible. I remember taking a family photo once and after developing the film I was shocked to see a white disk "floating" above my house but the funny part was that nothing was visible when we took the picture.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by thesun

They haven't actually changed. You are just seeing UFO's from more species than 1.

Each has their own design.

Very true! The krill papers talk about this in great detail.

I suspect the ufo/alien phenomenom is so complex that very few people, if any, know the true magnitude and scope. I also suspect that the secret societies are behind the cover-up.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join