It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is telepathy undiagnosed schizophrenia?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My mother turned schizo about 5 years ago. The first few days she would not leave her apartment and just cried. Nothing we said or did convinced her that what she was hearing only she could hear. We ended up have to commit her to a hospital. Today she is more comfortable with herself but still we have a hard time with her voices.

She says she can hear her mother and father (who have passed). She also thinks she can communicate with us through her thoughts. She will make a glance and then state she is talking to my brother. She has on occasion walked away from her apartment and my father can't find her. We have to hunt for her . She tells us once we find her that someone told her one of her children was hurt and was in the hospital.

When I talk to my mother she is happy, acutely sensitive and very much alive. She has a great memory but will loose her thought in mid sentence which frustrates her.

Her doctor of many years died, but she thinks he is still alive cause she can hear him talking to her. Nothing we say convinces her otherwise.

I have read up about this disorder and I too think there may be a connection.

Clinically I think the Pineal Gland is the cause. There is a lot of speculation on this. What do you think.

What is the Pineal Gland?

What some people think it is...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by telepath

With telepathy we are likely dealing with a phenomenon that deals with frequencies on the electromagnetic spectrum. Although there are no tools for direct testing, telepathy is an ability anyone can confirm by testing or studying. A good practitioner understands it is all about mental self-control and perception. Telepathy is comparable to a fine tuned radio programmed on specific frequencies.

With schizophrenia there is no way to generate reliable results since claims are either unverifiable or mixed. There may be periodic events of telepathy but not stable to a point where it can be depended upon. The afflicted lacks the self-control to maintain stability.

I believe schizophrenia involves a state of mind where imagination takes over and observable reality has no bearing. Like a radio out of tune they may get lucky and pick up a valid telepathic channel or two but lack the ability to maintain resonance.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I want you all to know that I will respond to your posts

Just give me some time, I'm only one person. I'm reading your articles and watching your videos. Thank you all for your posts, interesting, amazing stuff! I hope to see more of it

It is such a relief to me that I can share this with you and not be dismissed. I haven't told hardly anyone about this stuff. That brings to mind a question:

How widely have you shared this information IRL (In "Real" Life)?

[edit on 28-5-2008 by telepath]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepath
reply to post by menguard

Hey MG,

It's pretty cool to realize that reality is just "everything that actually does or could exist or happen in real life" HA! The doors of unlimited possibility are open... "Encarta" told me it was so

Its A SOCIAL ORDER that has been passed down generation to generation, like any inherited disease.

The only -true imbalance- would be the spiritual one that is being denied to live in society.

Think of it like adults who are born kids again, yep we better lock them up because they aren't seeing what I am.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by menguard]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepath

How widely have you shared this information IRL (In "Real" Life)?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hardly ever.......when i do there eyes glaze over.

I guess the saying "we seek our own" resonates here on the web.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The real kicker is if I wouldn't have told you about diseases and misuses of the mind to hinder the spiritual bodies development would you have seen it.

If we would have had no labels or categorizations for it would it exist?

PROBABLY NOT.

Think of it as the DARK ORDER having fun with the Light Order.

Disturbing you say, I know it is.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dillons

Brain researcher Jill Bolte Taylor has a brother that suffers from schizophrenia.

She mentions him only briefly but, she goes on to talk about the left part of the brain (wired in serial) and the right (wired in parallel) and what they do.

She does not talk about telepathy but, what she does say is AMAZING!

www.ted.com...

I reckon telepathy to be a form of empathy (reading the mind using feeling / emotion)........stepping into someone else's shoes.

I just watched the entirety of this video. Wow. Good stuff! Very touching. I could remember thinking while watching it though "I already know how to do that though!"
I do. I have always been a "right brain" person. Though I can sink into my left when I need to. I exist mostly in that "wide, expansive" space Jill Taylor spoke of. I was like "duh."

You raise an excellent question. "What is the difference between empathy and telepathy?"

empathy
1: the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it
2: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also : the capacity for this

Source: www.merriam-webster.com...

Neither definition is true telepathy.

However the first definition could be the first stage in understanding your telepathic power. Empathy denotes "receiving" only. Telepathy is bi-directional communication.

For comparison here is the definition of telepathy side-by-side with the second definition of empathy:

telepathy
: communication from one mind to another by extrasensory means
empathy
2: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also : the capacity for this

Source (telepathy): www.merriam-webster.com...
Source (empathy): www.merriam-webster.com...

So yes, empathy is one-half of the telepathy equation. Excellent! Thanks for your post.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Rhain,

I am so sorry. I can't begin to comprehend what that would be like. How frustrating that must be for your mom.
Who she was, completely shattered. Remembered capabilities no longer available to me. I'd cry too.

I don't judge you for committing her. Try to withhold judgement of her. Suspend your disbelief of her "voices," try to understand it. At least listen. Don't be dismissive.

I am no brain surgeon!
I looked at the pineal gland link in embryology that you provided. I can't make heads or tails of it. Really, it's nowhere near enough information for me to make a connection like that. If you've got a feeling about it, pursue it! Keep gathering information. More importantly make sure you understand that information and all that it implies.

I watched the video link titled "Hyperborea, The Pineal Gland, and The Spear of Destiny." It's quite off topic, it's got a lot more to do with conspiracies but... far out! I never put much faith in conspiracy videos. I'd like to see hard evidence of all that stuff backed up by reliable sources. Especially the part concerning "pineal gland manufactures '___'." If it's all true, it's amazing and scary.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You wrote
"I just watched the entirety of this video. Wow. Good stuff! Very touching. I could remember thinking while watching it though "I already know how to do that though!" I do. I have always been a "right brain" person. Though I can sink into my left when I need to. I exist mostly in that "wide, expansive" space Jill Taylor spoke of. I was like "duh."

I said the same thing here:-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also hear (this is the wrong word) the radio sometimes, this started about a year year ago..........I`d sing a song in my van and turn the radio on, and F--- me there it was. I`ve done this about 3 to 4 times freaking out me and my passenger (apprentice). The last time I did this I actually new I`d hear it and told my passenger that I`m gonna freak you out again before I turned on the radio. I can not do this at will and its not happened for about 6 months now (and yes I`ve checked out my fillings).

Gowd blimy, I sound like a loon!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nikolat23

Nikola,

Hi. I believe that telepathy is an electromagnetic phenomenon. I think there are tools to for direct testing, they just haven't been invented yet (or the military has them, possibly). Well, a radio is receive only. Radio would be a good analogy of "empathy." A transceiver is transmit and receive. I'd say a good metaphor for telepathy would be a transceiver. One definitely has to "tune" it.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. There is no way to generate reliable results with schizophrenia and telepathy. I don't know if there's a controlled scientific test that verifies telepathy alone. I doubt it. If anyone finds it, let us know.

I believe schizophrenia involves a state of mind where imagination takes over and observable reality has no bearing. Like a radio out of tune they may get lucky and pick up a valid telepathic channel or two but lack the ability to maintain resonance.

Who knows? Only the schizophrenic. I think that's why it is very important that we listen, and take very seriously anything they have to say on the subject of telepathy.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Regarding the pineal gland, there is more info here:-

www.youtube.com...

10 vids in all......I have watched them a wile ago.....Interesting stuff!

Apparently, its structure is similar to an eye.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
reply to post by menguard

Think of it like adults who are born kids again, yep we better lock them up because they aren't seeing what I am.

"Lock them up" has been the status quo for a long, long time MG. This is Dr. John Breeding:

I’m darn sure not just gonna assume that this thing fell out of the sky today, as a so called “out of the blue” so called unexplainable, crazy, bizarre thing that just showed up and can’t be explained except to assume that some defective chromosome kicked in or something.

Source: www.youtube.com...
10 minutes

Watch to the end. He’s got some great points!

I don't know what the deal with the "dark order" is MG. I hope that's just a figment of our imaginations
I hope it's just people who mean well but perhaps don't have all the facts.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I think it all depends on what voices you listen to and what do they tell you. If the voices, visions, illogical patterns of thinking result in your
staying curled up in the fetal position. Then the effect on you is bad. You need to listen to different voices that are more grounded in (what we call
reality). If the voices make you happy all the time, help you cope and or win the Noble prize. Then forget the shrinks!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dillons
Regarding the pineal gland, there is more info here:-

www.youtube.com...

10 vids in all......I have watched them a wile ago.....Interesting stuff!

Apparently, its structure is similar to an eye.

I'm not going to watch 10 videos. I would like to know in your own words, WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL POST? I've watched one video that was only "remotely" connected to the topic at hand. I feel that I've been very patient with you.

This is not a thread for your political views or conspiracy theories. Go start your own thread and stop hijacking mine. PLEASE.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Found this aptly named website (at bottom of repy) with a massive amount of information. I studied psychology, and used to volunteer with a range of individuals with mental disorders. Personally, I agree with some of the previous posts that the blanket term of schizophrenia is used to describe many distinct disorders. Personally, I feel the link between "schizophrenia" and multiple maladaptive behaviors in early childhood point toward the direction of not necessarily a "bad" mental functioning, but different. More like Foucault's take in "Madness and Civilization: A history of Insanity in the Age of Reason". I feel that a lot of our environment and social factors cause this dissonance in the mind, as we see individuals with "mental disorders" as being irregular.

The majority of schizophrenics, I believe, are suffering from a cognitive anomoly. I feel increased empathy is more accurate in describing the situation with "telepathic" schizophrenics, however that is due to the fact that there aren't any statistically significant experiments that can validate telepathy, I'm atleast not aware of any but if someone knows of a study, I will definitely read it. I, for instance, do not think I am telepathic, but I have deja vu atleast once a month for my entire life, can "know" what songs are on the radio sometimes, and other occurances that I just see as coincidence and rational analysis. The radio, for example, only plays so many songs, and they are in an organized manner. Perhaps, subconsciously, I have memorized the play list.

My personal theory, if an individual is put through enough stressors, especially at an early age, they would be more likely to become sensitive to our non-verbal language. There's some studies that have showed links between seratonin and dopamine with schizophrenia, perhaps oversensitizing our emotional side. Just as a poker player tries to "read" his opponent, I feel that the schizophrenics who may appear "telephathic" are filtering out norms and assumptions which "normal" people are locked into, coupling the ability with heightened emotional awaremenss. The irregularity in thought caused by schizophrenia could perhaps be filtering out the noise, in a social context, that "normal" people can't help but subconsciously abide by. I have seen too many individuals who feel they cannot function, even on a basic level, while living with schizophrenia to feel that there is an association with "evolution". I don't have schizophrenia, so this is just based on my academic knowledge and personal experiences with schizophrenics. I also don't know if telepathy doesn't/will never exist, I just don't see evidence that schizophrenia and telepathy are linked at this time. There's my two cents, good topic telepath.

www.schizophrenia.com...

P.S.: I have been reading abovetopsecret for a year now, and just decided it's time I joined. Hope there's no errors with my first reply to a post. Have a great week everyone!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maybe some voices that people hear is the operator of the machine.

I like to think of myself as not just a body with a brain but, mainly the operator of the machine.

I must admit, I do watch / study people when I can, and believe I can easily tell those that suppress there operator.

I believe suppression can have a negative affect on a persons well being.

by the way, LOVE THIS POST

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oh dear........

Thanks for your kind words.

You don't have to be patient with me.......I`ll just leave no problem.

But first, if you care to do some research regarding the pineal gland you will see it is relevant.......and then maybe, if your the person you think you are you`ll apologize for being rude.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillons

Dillons,

I love your previous posts... right up until you posted ten (!) 2012 Mayan calendar apocalypse videos. Boom! I want to hear from you right now what that has to do with Schizophrenia and Telepathy... in your own words. Just tap it out on your keyboard.

Don't make me do the work... to prove your point... which is?
Still waiting for it... do you see what I mean?

I don't like being harsh with people, but I also don't like people taking advantage of my good nature.

I've been more than reasonable with you, Dillon. You've repaid me by spewing unrelated garbage all over my thread and telling me to "go look." So for the last time:

Please take unrelated material elsewhere, or describe the connection

in your own words

or just cut and paste the words, I don't care.

I want words telling me, and the others here about telepathy and schizophrenia.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonfire2159

Hey,

I for one am honored to have your first post show up on my thread.
Glad you found us DF. That's looks like a huge site loaded with info on schizophrenia, I'll have to peruse it sometime. It's overload for me right now though. Thanks. I like the fact that you are putting forth your own hypothesis on the subject right off the bat, that's great. I'm not sure they are linked either DF. Thanks for you input!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join