It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is telepathy undiagnosed schizophrenia?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I feel that a lot of our environment and social factors cause this dissonance in the mind, as we see individuals with "mental disorders" as being irregular.

They are ir-regular.
And that's why they are called dis-orders.
(Being familiar with French writers, as you are, I am sure you'll understand and not get ticked by the constant "dashing-in-half" of the relevant terms. :-)

The majority of schizophrenics, I believe, are suffering from a cognitive anomoly.

Exactly: it is a cognitive anomaly - not defective function.
In other words, just because it is anomalous (= not in compliance with an identified "norm"), it doesn't mean such cognition is of a lesser kind.

And BTW, I am only emphasising all this for the benefit of any "diagonal" readers on this board - I am certainly not arguing with you or anyone here.

My personal theory, if an individual is put through enough stressors, especially at an early age, they would be more likely to become sensitive to our non-verbal language.

IF said "stressors" include any ab-normal circumstances, regardless of the emotional effect on the subject - to put it simply, if they include extra-stimulation (which is not necessarily unpleasant) - I would tend to agree. (Learning more than one or two language at the same time at a very early age might be an example.)

Interesting thoughts, anyway.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
telepathy is already proved by scientific tests. mother managed to send message to daughter that was in another room. girl was meditating so brain showed almost no activity. upon sending msg brain activity jumped. test was repeated lots of times - same results.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

My mother turned schizo about 5 years ago. The first few days she would not leave her apartment and just cried.

Needless to say, I am most sorry to hear that.

But... would you mind very much telling what triggered it, if you are aware of it?

(I realise this is slightly off-topic, but I think it would be useful anyway.)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
www.meridianinstitute.com...

Volume of the pineal gland in schizophrenia; an MRI study

Rajaprabhakaran RajarethinamCorresponding Author Contact Information, Sanjay Gupta and Nancy C. Andreasen

The Mental Health Clinical Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA

Received 21 June 1994;
accepted 22 October 1994. ;
Available online 22 December 1999.

Purchase the full-text article

References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

Abstract

Pineal gland abnormality has been proposed as a possible biological defect in schizophrenia. This study was designed to investigate volumetric differences of the pineal gland using Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). Patients with a DSM-111-R diagnosis of schizophrenia or schizophreniform disorder (n=45) and normal controls (n=86) were scanned using a 1.5 Tesla scanner. The volume of the pineal was obtained by blind manual tracing of the gland on T1 weighted images, using locally developed software, BRAINS. The inter-rater reliability (n=25) yielded an intraclass r of 0.92. Comparison of the volumes by t-test showed no significant difference between patients and normal controls (p=0.77). This study, backed by a large sample size, suggests that there are no volumetric differences between schizophrenic patients and controls in regard to the pineal gland.

www.sciencedirect.com... =1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=6a3d1a5c2f87af5539d8d463274f0933

Pineal gland
From Wikipedia

The pineal gland is occasionally associated with the sixth chakra (also called Ajna or the third eye chakra in yoga) or sometimes the Seventh (Crown) chakra. It is believed by some to be a dormant organ that can be awakened to enable telepathic communication.

Ok, now we have established a link I would like to spend my time where I`m not spoken down too, especially when I can not look you in the eye.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillons

I trust the testimony and experience of those who have an expantion of the brain and mind...I refuse to label any individual schizophrenic, it is an ill lable for a wide spread and varied condition.

Our experiences have forced a cold shoulder from me toward the mental health experts. We would recieve this and other diagnosis some contradicting the previous...I do not think the medical community is any closer to understanding than they were fifty years ago. Not one of the experts was willing to consider the paranormal aspects of D's condition. We would be handed prescriptions and follow up dates.

I believe and do many others that the Pineal gland plays a large part in this..whether it is melatonin, seratonin, or dopamine, and in D. case the penial is wide open allowing the telepathy and other interdimension vision.

He also understands and follows the Mayan calender and predictions and puts great weight into the prophecies.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
In a natural sense, being connected to someone, may enable a person to pick up on the other persons thoughts and feelings.

In an artifactual or manufactured sense, as in being a spy, a snoop or surveilling someone, one may use artificial means such as bugs, wires, house tapping, etc.

There are more than one meaning to the words, but, for the ease of conversation, I have selected the following.

Audio - of, pertaining to, or employed in the transmission, reception, or reproduction of sound.

Clairvoyance - the supernatural power of seeing objects or actions removed in space or time from natural viewing.

Perception - the act or faculty of apprehending by means of the senses or of the mind; cognition; understanding.

Precognitive - knowledge of a future event or situation, esp. through extrasensory means.
Prophet - a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.

Psychic - of or pertaining to the human soul or mind; mental

Schizophrenia - Also called dementia praecox. a severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following features: emotional blunting, intellectual deterioration, social isolation, disorganized speech and behavior, delusions, and hallucinations.

Telemetry - The science and technology of automatic measurement and transmission of data by wire, radio, or other means from remote sources, as from space vehicles, to receiving stations for recording and analysis.

Telepathy - Communication through means other than the senses, as by the exercise of an occult power.

Vibration - the analogous motion of the particles of a mass of air or the like, whose state of equilibrium has been disturbed, as in transmitting sound.

Dictionary.com

Hearing someone or having someone hear you is not schizophrenia. However, some of the other terms may be applicable to your situation.

Blabbing to yourself at home is one thing, but, if you are blabbing to yourself at the mall or in the middle of the airport schizophrenia may apply.

Another scenario could be that there is a third party involved who has bugged both of you to gather information.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

but my mind was so overwhelmed by the foreign image of me and the corresponding thoughts they were unwittingly pressing onto me that it blocked the train of my thoughts. It happened EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This has happened to me until I got to the point where it does not matter what they think about me or how they perceive me. With people like that, it remains "oh, the weather is...".

It is my guess, that they knew you were perceptive and wanted to alter your image of yourself. It's that old "divide and conquer". It may also be that they wanted to delve into your mind while keeping theirs private. It's like they are saying you may be perceptive, but, you don't know how we manipulate.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Have had some what I would call psychic attacks, whereas I would enter into certain conversations and when they became aware of my presence they would go completely in attack mode in order to make me leave. Imagine tuning your car radio into a frequency and when those on that frequency realized you were there they attempted to overload or blow up your radio in order to get you to turn the station and never come back.

Some get very angry when you look.

What if it is your car, your radio, your house, your body and they want to use you and do not want you to know they are using you and when you look to see what they are doing to your stuff they get pissed off.

I think people should keep their G--Da------ hands off of other peoples stuff.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

Having an inner voice (inaudible knowing) is quite different than hearing (audible) voices. Once the world realizes that one possesses an inner voice they will attempt to confuse it with an audible (implanted) one, or one that becomes a middleman so to speak, thereby, auditing whatever info you are receiving. They want a "Stepford" society. Problem for them: they can't think theirself out of a paperbag without the help of those with vision.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well, I don't think you can really compare a mental illness to a natural ability.

Telepathy is telepathy. Some people are "aware" of it, some people aren't.

Troy

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Well, that reply didn't take much thought - yeah I agree what is, is, however do you want to explain your thought process that led you there or are you just flying by to sell the sixty-seven dollar mystery paper in your signature?

I'll answer it for you, I suspect the sixty-seven dollar paper you're pushing is just as empty as your post. If they were really trying to help they wouldn't be asking for everyone to send them enough money for a tank of gas to tell them information that's readily available on the internet for free. Shame on you.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dillons

Great link to the lecture by Jill on her stroke. Thanks, links like this are why I come here.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
In my late twenties I began experiencing a large number of clairvoyant dreams that really rattled me. I find the concept of clarivoyence to be a bit disturbing in that it implies the strong existance of fate and inevitability, but here were these dreams. The funny thing is that as I recognized the events as they were happening from my dream, I could never get ahead of things to make any difference. The scene would unfold and I would know what was going to happen just a split second before the event, but not enough time to make a difference. It is a very rattling experience.

This lead me to begin to question my sanity. While I think telepathy and clairvoyance are possible, it also seems like madness, and I didn't feel I could accept these things without seriously questioning my sanity. In the end, I decided to trust my own perceptions, and admit that many of these phenomenon were in fact real, and should be looked at as credible.

I can't control these events, and I don't know how I could prove their reality, but that seems to be the nature of the game, and I am not sure I should if I could. Most of these experiences have been going on since I was a child. Yes, I hear voices in my head that come out of nowhere, usually as a result of someone’s emotions going off somewhere nearby, who happens to be able to send out psychic vibes when they experience highly emotional situations. There are random thoughts that always seem to be floating in the air, but they are easy to turn out. Occasionally, I will hear a voice that seems to come from a physical object, that is actually carried by the airwaves, but it is not really audible. Some how I can distinguish these voices from the real thing, but these are scary experiences. Mostly when I hear voices that seem to be carried on the air they only manage to make a grunt or other sound, sometimes a word.

Are these thing real or figments of my imagination, I can not say, but often times I am able to guide my decisions by this phenomenon, and that usually works very well. There are times when I ignore what these things are telling me, and I pay the consequences.

Schizophrenia is a very real, broad category of mental illness, and I suspect many diagnosed with schizophrenia are probably psychics who are unable to control their perceptions, and become overwhelmed by them. There are still, many people whose minds are damaged and suffer from legitimate mental illnesses. I also have to wonder how many people have had their brains shattered by psychic attacks.

I also started experiencing dealing with psychic attacks since a young age. There are many elements out there, good and bad. It seems to me that over the last few years, the efforts to wield psychic power have been stepped up, and there seems to be some sort of concerted effort going on to exert psychic influence over people. Anyone else been experiencing this type of ongoing conflict?

I think most people have some level of psychic ability. This is an experiment most people can easily try. Have you ever noticed that if you look at someone, become aware of them, even from a distance, where there are many people around, most people will pick up on this and turn and look at you instinctively, even if they had been facing the other direction when you began to concentrate on them. Go to some event, pick out someone and think about them, and a fairly high percentage of the time, they will stop and look in your direction, and pick you out of the crowd and look at you, with an awareness of your attention.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
There is this overall feeling in society of "we (the human race) are beyond puberty and are mature". This is not only present in psychology but in many areas, science, medicine, morality, religion. The illusion what we all believe in is that sooner or later we will have all the answers, while it is more likely humanity will be investigating and discovering all kinds of things for the next centuries, making current models of how we see ourselves and our place in the universe obselete.

Currently I'd say we are in a stage of development where we can identify and name certain pieces of our existance but we don't properly see how they interact with eachother yet. We can see that they interact and name it just as we name everything else but the underlying mechanisms are still obscure and it will take many many years and much effort to identify the complex matter that is the spirit and the body, our surroundings.

We as a species are not mature yet, we're confused as can be - similar to puberty. Massmedia just adds to that confusion. Some people can't handle to see a nipple on tv and freak out about it. I'd say there's something mentally wrong with you if you can't bear to watch a nipple, it's just nature. There's a war with all kinds of horrible things taking place some miles away and those same people don't acutely freak out about that. We believe we're mature as a species, we've come a long way right? A few centuries ago, talking about or believing in telepathy or communicating with the dead would get you burned in flames, nowadays you're sedated with all kinds of medicine. Unless ofcourse you avoid those kind of people who'd want to 'help' you.

People telepathically communicating or talking to the dead the same way you'd pick up a phone or send an email. You don't have to know how a phone or computer is built in order to use it right? You don't have to know how a signal travels for it to travel. But mental communication is simply not the same as physical communication. We learn how to speak by copying it from others whom already speak when we are babies. The same way we can't learn telepathy unless there's someone whom we copied it from as babies. Since none of us seem to have fully mastered telepathy there's no way we can learn it (except by trial-and-error) so that mental mobile phone is not going to be used the way it is supposed to (or not at all by the majority).

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Dragonfly79]

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I think that is a good assessment. Part of the problem is that religion has suppressed these types of awareness, at least in the Western world, as well as the Middle East. Eastern religions also seem to have their hang ups, Buddhism seems to obsessed with perfection and becoming God, and Hinduism with chanting and faith in specific deities creating a strong effort once again towards a religious conformity.

I have to wonder if a far greater number of people today are becoming more psychically aware. Are we evolving towards this direction?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Thanks for the input. You hit it on the head with "it is a cognitive anomaly - not defective function" (Vanitas). That's what I meant to say. It's an anomaly, but not defective, just different. And indeed, no insult from the "dashing-in-half". :-)

I also did mean that multiple external stimulus can increase empathy, and in some people this may lead to schizophrenia, of course taking into consideration genetic history, individual personality, environment, etc. The whole nurturing and ecclectic background makes for a well-rounded person. I like to think that a good amount of empathy should be included in the "ideal" upbringing, however, if the environment is too stressful it could be maladaptive. Peace out.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Dillons,

I do apologize for barking at you before
I guess I have trouble believing the "2012 Scenario." I am skeptical. I watched the first 10 minutes. There are so many claims which are insufficiently backed up or explained--it would fill the 6000 character limit just to list them. I can't abide it Dillon and it's really the subject of a new thread.

How many different threads could you post those videos in? You could probably find a link with every topic on ATS.

Because I don't want people to be turned off to this thread, I have to be the skeptical scientist. It might not sound fair, maybe it isn't. I know we were all sharing videos, but stuff like that just muddies the water.

Peace,
LT

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by telepath

Very classy..an apology
My experience with D. and those that share his same abilities and disabilities also share a common interest in prophecy. I have seen the empathic and telepathic in him at work and trust his belief. The one thing that stands out for me when I read many of the posts here is that like D. their thought processes blow right past us, linking forever one thing to another.

Sorry if I am off topic but I see a vast amount of answers about telepathy within D. and others..I just wish that mainstream medicine would have a look at the possibilities.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join