It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is telepathy undiagnosed schizophrenia?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by eaglesflames

most cases ARE people deluding themselves. an eeg has literally nothing to do with telepathy. you can't use it to verbally communicate. the british didn't lose every time, it was actually the french navy that backed us in the end and allowed us to win. not very fair. (the author is all over the place)

schizophrenia is well documented. "telepathy" isn't a symptom, but with schizophrenia the affected person can easily think they are receiving outside thoughts from others and sending others back. the person in question was never telepathic, they just mis-described their episodes as telepathy.

Have you ever been in the shoes of a schizophrenic? If you haven't then you wouldn't understand. It's easy to dismiss it in "sane" terms. Short of having been one you know nothing about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Double
edit on 2/9/2013 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No she actually says the british intelligence supported the US. Its all about mental hospitals it has nothing to do with the world wars

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

Have you ever been in the shoes of a schizophrenic? If you haven't then you wouldn't understand. It's easy to dismiss it in "sane" terms. Short of having been one you know nothing about it.

Paranoid |||||||||||||||||| 78% 50%
Schizoid |||||||||| 38% 40%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||||||| 86% 56%
Antisocial |||||||||| 38% 46%
Borderline |||||||||||||||||||| 86% 45%
Histrionic |||| 14% 35%
Narcissistic || 10% 40%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||||||| 86% 48%
Dependent |||||||||||||| 58% 44%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||||||||||| 82% 45%
*the second percentage represents the average web score

similarminds.com...

my personality is...complicated. don't assume you know people when you don't.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
BY THE WAY i talked to my doctor yesterday, i was never diagnosed with an illness.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Ha! Already 6 ears of Absolutely... Effective EXACT Telepathy (Sy-T way): tech.groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita
I would like to say that I joined this site because it portrayed its self as a site that was centered around people who hear voices. Apparently I was very wrong. I do not appreciate words like schizo. I am intelligent and normal in every way except I hear voices. I was reding about non lethal weapons used to gain information( in other word they were making claims that hearing voices could very likely be caused by technological studies and several other uses) control of someone's mind. I was led to this site but so far I get the feeling this is the wrong place for me! I just wanted you to know that just because someone hears voices does not necessarily mean they ate Forrest Gump. If only you could experience what I have, you would really really take a closer look at this site and others like it. I mean no harm to you I am just hurt when someone uses certain words to describe someone.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WondErMaN

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but please don't leave over something like that.

I hear voices myself, have an attendant diagnosis, and sometimes it's disheartening to try to explain the difference in the "good" voices and the disablling aspect.

Most of the time they hear "Schizoaffective" and just tune me out. It's their loss.

I agree with the latent telepathy aspect in some cases, because the human mind is such a wonderful thing. I also agree there may be some sort of technology that spurs the negative aspects of some cases.

We do our best here to make sure sensitive subjects (and sensitive people) feel safe and comfortable posting their experiences - but sometimes it helps to develop a bit of a thick skin to wade through such topics.

If it helps any, I've learned over time to take back my diagnosis in a positive way, and not let people who use the term in a demeaning or derogatory way phase me anymore....the Normies will just have to get used to their attempts at humiliation going right in one ear and out the other. I doubt very seriously they're medical professionals with such behavior, therefore deserve little in the way of credit.

That being said, if you run across something that you find particularly wrong or offensive, you are always free to use the "ALERT" feature at the top of the post in question, and staff will look further into the matter.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WondErMaN

Agree with GENERAL EYES on this...

I also 'hear voices', see things, feel things etc etc all day every day.
My people (NZ Maori) just have a different perspective and understanding of that...in a nutshell we deem it far more a cultural/spiritual experience rather than a psychiatric one.

My experiences would certainly - if you were to view them purely with a medical-modeled DSM-IV influenced set of eyes - be labelled with some form of Psychosis/Schizoid disorder...heh, I just label it 'life'...

The kicker is I'm also a trained/qualified/highly experienced mental health worker, have been for the last two decades, and am currently Service Manager of one of the largest mental health services of its type in my country...

Its never the *label* that limits us...rather its how we - and others - take onboard and overload us/ourselves with them.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Its a mimick technology that reports what u think and do fed through the body into a process that invents audio characters.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join