It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is telepathy undiagnosed schizophrenia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yes Menguard he does find crowds difficult..he is overwhelmed with energy and the thoughts of others. The things he exhibited as a child were paranormal and M.D's and therapists labeled him with many odd things. He's an incredible guy and I think if he had been given the drugs that were prescribed he would show the classic signs of schizophrenia and be the outcast that society expected him to be.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Yes Menguard he does find crowds difficult..he is overwhelmed with energy and the thoughts of others. The things he exhibited as a child were paranormal and M.D's and therapists labeled him with many odd things. He's an incredible guy and I think if he had been given the drugs that were prescribed he would show the classic signs of schizophrenia and be the outcast that society expected him to be.

I want you to know brother to brother, that guy is me, I know peoples intent I feel their energy, and it can be overwhelming at times.

But when its left alone, it can be a helpfull tool for mankind.

Yes by (medical practioners) in the psyche field.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by menguard]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

MG,

I truly don't mean any disrespect. I guess I find your style a little affected, kinda tacky.

If I can be precise and concise with my thoughts in one medium why shouldn't I be? Forcing one to make an educated guess at what you are trying to say is folly when you could just say it and be done. Isn't there enough out there to keep us guessing? It just becomes obfuscation.

Thank you for the article BTW.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by telepath]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I believe the fact that the usual midevil treatment was not used has allowed him to evolve..he shows few signs of disturbances but the abilities grow. He does still sense and hear the judgments of others but has learned to not let it affect him. He grows beyond us all as I am sure others like him do.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepath

MG,

I truly don't mean any disrespect. I guess I find your style a little affected, kinda tacky.

If I can be precise and concise with my thoughts in one medium why shouldn't I be? Forcing one to make an educated guess at what you are trying to say is folly when you could just say it and be done. Isn't there enough out there to keep us guessing? It just becomes obfuscation.

It helps attune them, to their ability that is why, no more need be said right.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I know what you mean, I do. But what about other folks? They might be put off. Is this your "filter?"

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Always thought it interesting that Lilly Tomlinson once said, "Why is it when we talk to GOD it is called prayer, but when GOD talks to us it is called schizophrenia?"

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I know what you mean, I do. But what about other folks? They might be put off. Is this your "filter?"

When it is their time to know they will and that may come with a lot of repitition and deep thinking on their parts, but for those aware know, and that is enough for me.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Back seven years ago, their was a sadness to the Earth, now there is only a rest-less-ness. They are discovering we are conneted to the self that is illuminated while awake, the dream is aware of itself.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by keltdruid65

I hadn't heard that, she seems like a bright woman. Channeling is a discipline I have yet to touch. It is quite distinct from telepathy as I understand it. Thanks for the quote though.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I think that theory is perhaps the closest to truth - whatever "evolution" (in this context) means.

And this observation

He is also the most intelligent person I know

even if it is necessarily subjective, addresses a very important point.
Schizophrenia is indeed called "the intelligent man's disease".
As I remember saying in another thread, I am yet to see or read about a "schizophrenic" whose intelligence wasn't significantly above average.

And yes, of course I am aware that the notion of "intelligence", and, especially, the means of measuring it are highly contentious themselves. What I mean by "intelligence" is evidence of coherent (if "unconventional"), all-encompassing - and sometimes extremely articulate - observation of the world.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by keltdruid65

I hadn't heard that, she seems like a bright woman. Channeling is a discipline I have yet to touch. It is quite distinct from telepathy as I understand it. Thanks for the quote though.

Channeling is just remote talking to yourselves across other planes of existance.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm glad I've found you--thanks. Sending smilies your way.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

It is an all encompassing intelligence, emotional, observational..his senses are accute which ads to the acumulated knowledge. How many people can discribe the energy that trees give off, or the path that a lightning strike will take just before it strikes. Every day I look at the power our brains are capable of. It is the ill judgements of the world that hold back these minds.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Did you ever obesess over theories of Chaos?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I am aware of other planes of existence if you can call them that. I don't know, I suppose for that reason I put channeling in a different category than telepathy. I can project my mind anywhere. I just think labeling these planes of existence takes away from the credibility of the experience. Makes them seem like some New Age schlock that you have to pay someone for instead of an intrinsic ability that (I think) all of us have from birth.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Vanitas

It is an all encompassing intelligence, emotional, observational..his senses are accute which ads to the acumulated knowledge. How many people can discribe the energy that trees give off, or the path that a lightning strike will take just before it strikes. Every day I look at the power our brains are capable of. It is the ill judgements of the world that hold back these minds.

Thats exactly in a sense of what it is, its seeing beyond the normal perception of mankind. PURE ENERGY STATE, the state in which you arrive in yourself and outside at one sigularity of the moment. Your awareness shifts into other things besides yourself.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It is the ill judgements of the world that hold back these minds.

The beauty of such a mind is precisely the fact that nothing can hold it back, not really.

It's only the body that the men in white coats can - and often do - "hold back"...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I am aware of other planes of existence if you can call them that. I don't know, I suppose for that reason I put channeling in a different category than telepathy. I can project my mind anywhere. I just think labeling these planes of existence takes away from the credibility of the experience. Makes them seem like some New Age schlock that you have to pay someone for instead of an intrinsic ability that (I think) all of us have from birth.

Its one is the same tool, it just arrives at different stages of awareness to see. But yes its all within us to see.Those different planes of existance are just different levels of consciousness.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Vanitas

I especially like your pointing out that trees give off energy too. How would one describe that? I suppose if you took '___' and drew a black outline around everything. Short of that, I am at a loss for words.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join