It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real life magic

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Waffles~

First of all, it's "Dinnj", not Djinn, look similar, but are not meant to.

Sorry, I hadn't come across that definition of precise before, but I suppose it doesn't matter, becuase you yourself said, (Not your EXACT words here,) "Quoting from the dictionary is just getting another opinion."

I do not understand anything that I say?? Becuase you can find another definition to the word precise, mind looking for other ones? There are usually, many many more. I'm sure you'd find something.

Even so, because I didn't fully understand one word YOU used, does not mean I have no idea of what I myself am saying.

You have no corner of which to defend, so where are you defending from?

You're right, you haven't been arguing about the definition of reality, but because I spotted no clear arguement of any sort, I assumed you'd actually be replying with something relevant.

So what are you arguing about? (It would be sheer stupidity just to say you haven't been arguing.)

Don't try to take the moral highground on me either, at LEAST, I'm arguing to get across a point of view which so far has been heavily objected against.

While you may not call it "Arguing", per se, you have taken this mightily personal, you're not arguing about what I'm saying, but about what you think my personality is like.

Although I DO like arguing, ironically enough, I won't argue with you on that one, I AM arguing across a point, and if you're not standing in a corner, then get out of the ring.

You cannot be trying to "Open my mind," as you have already said it is closed, this is from my reaction on one particular topic, no less.

Saying that I have no idea of what I say from one word, of which I get ONE of it's definitions wrong, that I myself didn't use, is ignorant.

Saying I'm just arguing for the sake of it, is ignorant.

Am I myself ignorant? No. If you'd been around longer, you might have learnt something about the people you're talking to now.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals. yeh there is real magic- not with wands that we yell out jibberich and somthing happens- but rituals and "spells" such as meditaing to talk to other beings of spirit or seeing other ppls auras are all true coz i do wicca and witchcraft and i get relults! and im 13! so it is true just not how u all think it

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes, magick is real but God talks about it in the bible and mentions it is for the demons. One misuse"criss".

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real
Well, I beleive in magic. It obviously must be real, because, as i said earlier, if there's no such thing as magic then where does the idea of magic come from?

The idea of magic comes from people not understanding the mechanisms in which things work. The concept of magic comes from a time in human history when we were not able to scientifically explain many of the very mundane and natural events in the world around us. It can be our own senses deceiving us by means of an illusion. I can make it look as though i can remove the top joint of my thumb. Most adults realize that this is merely an illusion but a child can be confused and assume its magic that allows me to do this.

I'm open to the idea of things in this world that we do not currently understand and i'm open to the idea of "magic" but that does not mean that you do not need evidence of such things. Without proof and evidence as the bar we hold things to, then anyone is free to say they can do anything and not be held accountable. Then proof comes down to the trustworthyness of people. I can say that i have magical powers or that i'm actually god and because i say i am, no one can dispute it.

interestedalways could very well have magical powers or be privy to magical experiences but if that is true, she herself should want proof from others because without it, her own claims are discredited. If we believe "true magicians" without proof then we must believe all who make claims without proof. And this only serves to discredit everyone.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by omg aliens are so real

There are people who call themselves witches and wizards. So far, not a single one has been able to demonstrate their abilities in a controlled environment. Which is weird, as a few organisations out there offer large amounts of money to people who can do just that.

People also call bumble bees, bumble bees and these bees can fly however our science can't explain why they fly but they do, we know they do because we can see and hear them when they go buzzing by. Your argument about science debunking magic does not hold water, because dave science hasn't been able to explain everything yet.

Your bumble bee example is myth 2/3 way down the page: Bumble Bee

Its not magic, its just that the dynamics involved in its flight were not fully understood, so, again people who dont understand chalk it up to that pesky magic.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
lol, depends

some say love is magic...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by The Bear Man

well i think magic depends on the person conjuring, depends on the circumstances,magic doesn't mean anything like hary potter stuff but ther are things like u think about something and that happens,i 've lots of info but i just need the right person to talk to reply soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lively

some say love is magic...

This is true. I fell in love, with my self, then with a girl, and then slowly began to realize that my subconscious was molding my life into this online fantasy game Everquest which I had played for about 4 years of my life. There are hundreds of synchronicities between the game and my life. If that's not magic then I don't know what is. And the best part is that it's all a big joke on me! I am aware that it is all an illusion but at the same time, it isn't and i enjoy every minute of it. I have very good senses with numbers and I cannot stop seeing the number 4. It is everywhere I look lately.

Anyone else on here ever play Everquest? - when I played the game before, my character was a Magician which is clearly what has happened to me.... I could summon four pets and I am realizing there are 4 people in my life that will do anything i ask them to - and each person with some kind of special powers.. reminds me of x-men haha. I also seem to have the ability to figure out which animals my human friends were in a past life with everyone I talk to lately. It is quite amazing.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I am pretty much holding a ticket to your boat, interested !
Magic takes many forms.
There is truly magic.
But, someone will always take the legitimate stand
"Define your Terms !"
Nevertheless, I say we know what we mean when we say magic.
I have seen it, tasted it, lived it, it is just a part of life for my family !
Physical ceremony, spiritual assistance, random occurrences,
trans-physical activity, and the greatest and simplest magic of all-
Love.
These I know, accept, and live with in gratitude.
May you experience and grow in the magic of life, all.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I do not think that science excludes magic at all.

Science is not a "thing", it is simply a process. The process of observation, followed by the process of determination, followed by the process of validation - that is, working out what information we can draw from our observations (determination), and seeing if (i) it fits with our current understanding or "model" of the world, or (ii) it is possible to resolve any differences between the two (validation). From time to time, resolving those differences might not be possible. Whether this is due to a fault with the observation or determination stage, or a fault with the current understanding, is not always clear.

We are changing the boundaries of what we think, know, or think we know, daily. Quantum physics is a very exciting area in this regards and is offering up a challenge to existing models that is sorely needed for the purposes of validation. I cannot justifiably say that magic does not exist simply because the scientific process does not recognise it. I can only comment based on my own feelings and opinions.

While I find myself hard pressed to say that I believe in what is currently considered magic, I am quite open to the fact that we may be able to eventually observe, determine and validate "magic" in the context of the understanding of the time. In other words, I don't currently feel any reason to believe, but I am quite open to being proved wrong.

There seems to be a general consensus that magic is a natural part of the world that hasn't been fully recognised - a previous comment was made that there is nothing supernatural, only natural things currently outside our comprehension. I can quite happily accept that as a possibility, without feeling the need to explicity accept the reality of "magic".

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Search up Aleister Crowley.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Magic is, in a way, similar to Faith. It cannot be proven scientifically, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's applications.

For those who think magic long dead, I beg to differ. Consider if you will, the Catholic Mass. Whether you believe it or not, a magical ritual is performed in order to transubstantiate the wine into the blood of Christ, and the wafer into the body of Christ. Does this happen literally or scientifically? No. However, it fulfills the spiritual goal of the ritual.

Lots of similar rituals, of both religions and even everyday life, are practiced by millions, often without even realizing it. Do you throw a pinch of salt over you shoulder if you spill it? Do you say "Bless you" to someone who sneezes? If you look up the origins to these superstitions (as they are called), you'll see they are actually somewhat magical rituals with a purpose.

If you believe in Magic, it can work for you (at least that's my belief). The Secret, and other similar ideas of the Law of Attraction is actually an example of this, but just a different slant on it. The idea of focusing energy on a particular goal, and attracting it to you (or another) is at the very heart of practicing real magic (and by this, I mean only to differentiate from magic tricks and illusions, which have a different purpose...entertainment).

We're not talking anything as blatant as pointing a wand, saying "Petrificus Totalus" and expecting someone to freeze up stiff as a board here, but more like sympathetic magic, as practiced by many cultures throughout history. Whether it is "real" is really a matter of opinion, just as the reality of someone's "god" is reliant upon theirs.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I can show you pictures of "magic" all day long, just as long as i don't have to explain it. There is a disembodied woman's head floating between my two dogs, another sitting atop the head of the dog on the left and a nondescript entity walking beside him. There are images in the light following them along with other entities of light and shadows. the question that i have is this. If they are real does this mean they are not magic?

edit on 073030p://pm3000 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I didn't say I was initiated into a magical system or that I was able to perform magic.

I will say that magical things have happened in my life on more that several occasions.

I do believe it to be possible, though.

Sorry by the way for the derogatory remarks, that was not nice of me.

I beleive in energy, not magik as this is to big to eleborate ... the only barrier to yourself is you, if you beleive something is impossible then it will be... but only for you!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by interestedalways

EVERYTHING resides in the "realm of science". If you can perceive it, if it can affect you,

Two points to bear in Mind.

1. Everything exists in the realm of consciouness. Hence Magic exists by changing consciouness. If you can pecrieve it it can affect you. But what happens if you cannot perceive it and it still affects you? I have never perceived a proton......I have never perceived a vacuum nor Australia!!!!

2. The second point is that real scientists are remarkably open minded as they know the history of parroting "it is not so".

I have the perfect sceptic. it is a mynah bird that says " It ain't so". Modern skeptics have strayed from the original meaning of the word, which they ought to look up one day if they can access demotic Greek dictionaries.

99% of skeptic have never had any for or practical occult training. Yet they pontificate. Perhaps I should pontificate on plying jets and piloting submarines.. I did date a girl whose Dad was a submariner so I have a claim to do so - only if I was a skeptic

edit on 28-10-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The quality of posts on the first page does more than enough to tell you about how REAL magic is. You should also note that the threads with people who have done a decade of research suddenly vanish if those people deny it. Btw, I don't mean they get deleted, I mean they drop to the bottom of the page because people can't handle the fact.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Magic, like religion, is a way to explain the unexplainable.

Line two

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I agree with dave420 there's technology out there that more then likely could duplicate what one might perceive as magik so it just depends on how you wanna look at certin things, in two other threads i posted what was like 30 or more patents on technology that can do alot of things unheard of some of it good and unfortunately some of it bad.......but it's in the eye of the beholder in a way.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The eternal problem with these kinds of debates is that one group of people have been trained in Magic or are natural magicians. On the opposition there are people who have had no expereince whatsoever in magic and have no real interest in learning.

How on earth can there be any intelligent dialogue between the two groups?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

The issue is the question of real life magic.....Yes there is, i manifest alien people daily, in fact i no longer document it. This photo is a screenshot taken from my alien video here on ATS. To me the MAGIC is the ability to see and move these entities in the presence of mundane folk without their knowledge it is occuring. Many of these small faces are revealed by one or two clicks of a circular highlighter yet their visage are so well defined that i would be proud to claim their authorship; I can't because they really are photographed, i just enhance them/

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join