It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real life magic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Magic: another word to identify the quantum (and beyond) capacities and functions of the Universe.

Science is a method, it is not an all-encompassing entity which within itself contains the truth about Magic. Science is the term that describes the big daddy ruler (as in measuring device) of the rulers for understanding the way things take place in reality. Science is a method, a perspective which requires for anything to have an effect on something else under near-laboratory circumstances in order for them to be accepted as real. It is nothing else but the situation of Occam's razor,in which the ruler itself can't be measured with any degree of fairness under its own objective.

That is magic in itself, just another part of it.

Magic: the characteristics of our universe which provoke things to happen without the need of technological devices and advanced science, usually consorting to the ability of the brain and the raw foundations of the subject to create changes in the reality of things.

You don't have to believe in it for it to be real, just like that bird outside your house right now!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by omg aliens are so real

It is said there is another realm that is invisible to the naked eye. this is because the same way you train your body in specific areas you have to do likewise with the mind,the key is to know the specifics and then find out if your recepeptive to it.ONLY THEN SHALL YOU KNOW THE TRUTH...PEACE

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Wiccans are no more immortal than anyone else.

Please stop misrepresenting and making it seem so over the top and fantastical.

It is a religion. You do not become Immortal when you become wiccan.

Oh right but what would we foolish MORTALS know?

I have been wiccan. I am now nothing but myself.

I am not nor have I ever been immortal and I never referred to people in such a way that made them seem less than myself because they were not the same belief or practice as I was.

You sir seem to be on an ego trip and you are using your religion as a weapon for expanding that ego.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Why do we call something that changes lifes in a moment a "accident", when it changes ones reality so much there must be more too it. Sure you can fool me with your magic. Magic because you know how to do something I can't even imagine how its done. Yes I believe in magic, things have happened that changed me and my life. Who does the magic not sure, but I am sure I can create things that change things in my life in a instant. However it seems I am limited as to what magic I can apply to the world and the people. Magic for ones own benifit seems to be the weakest magic, the kind that doesn't turn out right nor last long.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
People also call bumble bees, bumble bees and these bees can fly however our science can't explain why they fly but they do, we know they do because we can see and hear them when they go buzzing by. Your argument about science debunking magic does not hold water, because dave science hasn't been able to explain everything yet.

Actually thats a myth about bumblebees. Bumblebees are capable of flight. Please read here en.wikipedia.org... . This type of myth about bumble bees should be easily researched & not perpetuated again as truth.

Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

At one time science could not explain this, just like right now science can't explain magic, or dark matter and countless other things.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by omg aliens are so real

If you would like to see magick being performed, go to any catholic Church on any Given Sunday and watch the Mass! In the realm of science, there is a need for proof! In the realm of faith, something as innocuous as transsubstantiation can be classified as Magic!

For those on this thread that abhor the idea of something existing just out of reach of "science" please keep in mind that MOST of science is theoretical! A good theory can easily be demonstrated as magic in the essence that it provable only by measurement! One day we may just find a source of energy unknown to us and use it to perform what would be magick to us in this place and time.

omg aliens are so real, there IS a Santa Claus and Magick does exist

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

The designers of the Chinook helicopter said it shouldn't fly. They merely did the best they could from the description they were given. They were tasked to build a Two Top Rotor craft. They did, and it does fly. Though the numbers suggest that it shouldn't.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The use of real magic involves the manipulation of subtle energies, forces and dimensions that mainstream science knows nothing about. Mainstream science has not discovered these energies because the natural use of human senses cannot perceive them, and they are also beyond the range of the instruments that mainstream science uses to detect and measure energies and forces. Also there are a vast number laws that mainstream science is unaware of. True magicians have mastered these laws and use them to create effects that could be termed magic.

Mainstream science knows nothing of what could be termed the spiritual planes and dimensions and these are far vaster than ordinary physical reality. The human senses can be trained to perceive these planes and dimensions, but since mainstream scientists do not bother to train their senses to perceive such, they will remain blissfully unaware of the laws that govern these for a long time. There are also a vast number of magical systems that are based on these laws and can cause effects in the physical world that would contradict mainstream physics.

I've used the word mainstream alot because there are many secret projects using scientists who have discovered and developed technology that superseeds mainstream physics and observes the laws that true magicians use. With this technology they are able to create exotic effects which are highly guarded secrets.

It is the destiny for science and magic to come together since the dichotomy between them is largely based on ignorance and a conspiracy to keep the mainstream in ignorance.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
if you want to hear somebody talk about real Harry Potter "poof" style magic. Then listen to Dave420 try to explain how Darwinism explains the universe and how life started on earth. A modern day fairy tale

[edit on 5/27/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I heard Abramelin the Mage was one of the best real Magicians that ever lived. The source of his power was contacting the Holy Guardian Angel (HGA) which Crowley practiced also.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Magic is pretty real. What's more magical than magic is that we exist at all.

Magic is just a deep understanding of exactly what "reality" is made of, and using trial and error in order to duplicate those constituents and make them work for you.

Science is actually a watered down version of magic.

Doesn't that suck, scientists? You are watered down, and considered a joke by people in the know! Hahaha SLAP!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Quantum mechanics is not just science. I think magic applies to quantum mechanics as much if not more than science. For example.
There is more latent energy between the electron and the nucleus of an atom than in an entire solar system. (That's being conservative I think they said known universe.) Atoms magically know when you're watching so merely observing an event can magically change the outcome. Nothing realy touches it just seems that way. Your hand isn't really touching that mouse. It almost is. This is what quantum mechanics says. And magic can't be real because someone hasn't given away his prize yet.
I'm not an advocate of magic.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Zealott]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real
I know it sounds a bit silly, but is there such thing as real life magic? becasue i've heard there are really witches and wizards.

Quite often their magic works after its worked:

"I got a new job this week after casting a spell last week"

what they don't say (12 times for the previous 3 months)

"I didn't get a job this week after casting a spell last week"

Spells always work in hindsight

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Here I am, finding this site thru links of me being nosy about area 51.
And there is this magick thread.. Something I know very much about. And reading many posts,
I really had to chuckle to myself seeing how ignorant people are.

Magick, isn't what is in fairy tales; Just saying a few mumbojumbo words and expecting the colour on your shirt to be a different colour.
Nor is Magick what some fancy magicians might stage like David Blane or Houdini, what they do is simply thinking up precise and usually complicated regimes to pull off otherwise 'impossible' acts. I know how to do the levitation, and a whole other acts. and that's exactly what they are, acts.

Magick, in reality, isn't quite as straightforward as it seems. It depends really on how specific the question is. But with this main question, if Magick really is real or not.
What I can say with most certainty is that it does.
It's real, and whatever slagging off I get from posting this really won't bother me

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I believe magick (real magick) exist in the form of black magick which culminate the use of hexes, spells, bindings, occult knowledge and satanic worship. There are many diff forms of magick from voodoo to the African hoodoo. There are secret societies and brotherhoods which practice the occult. If you look at the Illuminati pyramid, you will see just some of these groups.

People think Magic is just a circus trick or a comedic act. but these are just illusions and petty tricks. the real thing uses forces from other realms which exist in many parts of the world, usually in cycles and in periodical stages. As stupid as it sounds, elements from other dimensions which cannot be perceived by any senses of the human body. Hence why EVPs, invisible UFOs, and other strange phenomena are only caught using instruments of technology.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by jbbmeh]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Magic doesn't exist, or rather magic is just another word for science which has been suppressed to the general public.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I would like to think that magick and science are two different ways of relating to or looking at the same concept, with one being spiritual ot intuitive, and the other being comprehensive and methodical. That's how I approach them.

I think both could probably stand to learn from one another, personally.

Please keep in mind however that I only say "I would like to think," and, "I think." I can't say "I know," because I don't. In fact, this entire post is an example. Spiritually, I can try to intuit or feel things about this subject, but through the scientific method I cannot yet know for certain.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estess
Magic doesn't exist, or rather magic is just another word for science which has been suppressed to the general public.

I totally agree!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join