It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Jokes About Killing Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

How can Fox cover this up. This can't be a simple apology. She said it there just plain as day.

Honestly, could I call the secret service and she be arrested for this. I am pretty sure if I said this about Bush I would be hauled off away to Gitmo.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow. I normally ignore American politics until the conventions since it's all just smear tactics and he said/she said crap but this has got to be taking it to far.

Who is this woman?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I don't know her official position, but, she is a FOX employee.

Correction: Below, is her name and position.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is really bad.
No doubt there are many who are saying/thinking this, but really, the media!? I thought that they were the chief cover-uppers.
I have to wonder if this is an attempt to get him to withdraw from the competiction.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I dont get the whole idea of why everyone loves fox news.They make news stories soap operas these days.They just drag a story of the smallest magnitude and drag it on and on.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
WTF was that?!

'Both if we could'?!

This woman needs to get smacked somethin' fierce. I don't know why this is the first I'm hearing about this, I hope to God the media picks this up and tears this woman a new one.

[edit on 5/25/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Her name is Liz Trotta, and no... She's not...

She is a contributor to Fox News, but not an employee.

en.wikipedia.org...

I find it amusing that one person's comments are the etched in stone stance of an entire network corporation. There's a bit of wishful thinking here methinks.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Okay, but I have to say why didn't FOX pull the plug and or move to commercial. But, they just kept on talking like nothing happened.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Which is exactly what you do in live TV.

You don't interrupt a show and fumble around with dead air... You keep on going... As if nothing had happened. Liz will undoubtedly pay a professional price for this gaffe, and probably end up in some journalistic backwater.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Okay, I have to give you that because I am not familiar with TV as I do not watch it. But, why no apology then? Do they not apologize until someone brings it up?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

This happened about eight hours ago... Where, and under what format should an apology occur? Knee jerk reactions just tickle me to death, and that's what we have here.

Consider this... If Liz Trotta apologizes now; over the Memorial Day Weekend then it will never have it's time in the sun under a weekday news cycle. Memorial Day Weekend (or any long weekend) is an abyss for news...Why do you think John McCain released his medical records and wife's partial tax returns on Friday?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Again, I do not watch TV at all so I am not familiar how all of this works. So you are saying, maybe CNN might not say nothing about this until Wed. when people are back to watching the news?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Okay, that was ridiculous. WHY ISN'T ANYTHING DONE ABOUT THIS?!!?!? That was extremely uncalled for. i'm pretty sure that if someone said that about McCain they'd be hauled off, let alone Bush. That was too far. Public apology is the least that's due.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hmmm, seems like just a bit of bad luck and a slip of the tongue for that lady really. This is the type of politically incorrect joke that you say to family and friends, a "naughty" joke that you only laugh at because it's so wrong, not something to be said on national TV.

I've been meaning to start a BTS thread about "How far is too far?" with politically incorrect jokes. This, in my opinion, is a really mildly offensive joke, but the fact that it was said on air makes it 100 times worse. (I'm sure Obama, his family and supporters would disagree on just how offensive the joke is though)

I've heard worse on television before, much much much more offensive and politically incorrect, but it was in shows that are known for that, like South Park, Drawn Together, Weeds, and to a lesser extent, The Simpsons, but not on a news station.

Baaaad mojo.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The ideal scenario would be for coverage to start Tuesday morning on the network/cable news programs and to see what kind of legs it has after 24 hours. I'm betting on some damage control by Liz personally, and the possibility that Fox may try to run with the story (ratings, ratings, and more ratings).

Too bad Nerdling isn't around, he would be able to give an in depth analysis of how this story could progress.

This isn't over... Not by a long shot.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Okay, I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

+7 more 
posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Pfft. They hire them.

If a Coca Cola representative said that they should poison the coke to kill fat people would you say, "I don't see how one person represents the entire company"?

If Fox News is so innocent, why does it keep happening? Why did they joke about Heath Ledgers death (since he played a gay guy). Why did Geraldo get away with saying 9/11 protesters are all into gay bathroom sex? Why do they employ Bill O'Reilly?

Fox and CNN are terrible and should be held as such. Quit letting them get off the hook by saying it's not their fault.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's equally as likely that Cheney has Bush assassinated, become president, nuke the U.S., declare martial law and start using the domestic detention camps on us.

After all, it was Brown & Root (major Fed shareholders) who are owned by Halliburton (that is also owned by the private shareholders of the Fed) who allegedly assassinated Kennedy.

These same folks also assassinated Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, and attempted to assassinate Reagan. Their CIA (which is the Fed's private army) has assassinated many national presidents and national leaders with total immunity.

The same people did WTC/911.

The most likely scenario is for Cheney to take Obama and Bush hunting, and accidentally shoot both of them, dead. Simply, because he can.

And if the thought of the assassination scares you ... keep in mind that the next domestic terrorist operation of major WTC/911 status, is most likely the detonation of a nuclear bomb in one of our sports stadiums or race tracks.

Saying Osama is Obama is simply a measure of the stupidity of the corporate media ... the woman should have stripped herself naked and got down on her knees like a buddhist monk and poured gasoline on herself and set herself on fire as an apology for the salvation of us all ...

...if she really wanted to make a meaningful political statement.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What is often forgotten is that Obama has two little girls! How would they feel if they heard some old white bitty cackle as she joked about killing their father.

Her heart must be very hard, bitter and angry to cackle like a witch concerning her comment.

The Fox News anchor was no better.

Shame on her and on Fox news for insensitive comments such as this.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Whoops. Makes me wonder about Liz and who "we" might be. What organizations has she been a part of in the past besides the New York Times?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join