It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Jokes About Killing Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

But I am sure that the founding fathers are rolling in their grave knowing that A Muslim African American was running for president.

If he were Muslim...

Actually I am fairly certain they would be applauding it as proof that our nation can embrace everyone and still function.

They sir were a far more open minded bunch than you are sir.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

They probably roll over in their grave more often due to people like that being able to vote.

They made this society secular for a reason. Quit bringing race and religion into this.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Sadly so many chose to ignore that fact.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is terrible!! I really hate fox news because they say these things and dont acknowledge them at all, like it's everyday table talk for them(which it probaly is)? If "THEY" do end up JFK'ing Obama I think that will be the straw that breaks the camals back.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yep this is one of those "keep a good eye on this" type of post!

She said both if we could!!! What!! and then laughter!! Hmmm.. This is one of those things we must keep an eye on.. Connect the dots here.

I have said for a long time Hillary is going to win. Now how she gets in is unknown. But the table is titled, and the game is rigged. This is something that they just put out here, and most people would simply not follow up on this. But since 911, and everything that has fallen into place, this IMO is no veiled threat.. This is put out there as a warning to Obama.
Either get out, or we are going to put you out!!

Hillary is the one they already picked, and threwout this game, well she has dropped the ball a couple times. And they know they are going to have to make another stunt to somehow get her in office.

If they do kill him, and Hillary will get in by default I wouldnt have seen that comming until now. But we all know the Clintons are in bed with the Bushes. We know this for a fact. We know that these thigns are rigged, and people do get hurt. And people do die.

I wont say to much to keep myself from putting my foot in my mouth.. But I do know deep down Hillary is going to win this one way or another.
Mark my words.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by zysin5]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Originally posted by grover
Faux news has always been tacky... the Television version of the National Enquirer.

And if something does happen to Obama?

Given the fact that Faux news and the Washington Times are the news outlets of choice for the Republicans and the hard right it makes me wonder if they are so convinced that McCain doesn't stand a chance that they are going to encourage some right wing whacko to take Obama out for them.

What I am surprised at is Ann Coulter or Micheal Savage haven't already suggested it.

Come on SS do your job and drag the wench away.

grover, you and I disagree more than we agree, but we usually keep it above board.

But this time, I am going to say that you really went wacko sensationalist loony over this.

You are the posting member equivalent of the National Enquirer.

How can you suggest that the Republicans are trying to encourage Obama's assassination?

You really hit bottom this time, sir.:shk: Why? To try to stir up the thread?

And before you or anyone else starts, this is not a Right vs Left, Washington Times vs NY Times issue. Or a defense of Fox News.

I think grover knows exactly what I'm saying.

Originally posted by grover
A few years ago an aquaintence of mines sister applied for a job as an anchor at Faux news and was offered the job. She was told point blank that it was their policy to support the Republicans whenever possible and was given a list of words not to use on the air because they would be above their viewer's heads.

She turned down the job.

I'm calling Bullcrap on this one.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You're right, and for once I agree with you. This isn't a left vs. right issue. I don't think the republicans are calling for the killing of Obama. But just like there are radicals on the left, there are radicals on the right. Calling for ANY assassination of a political figure is WRONG. Say what you may about your favorite political enemy be it Bush or Obama, but calling for murder is just not ok. If we can come together on anything, this would be it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Absolutely agree. Besides, publicly calling for murder is silly; if some loon takes you up on the idea, your life is going to get a lot rougher real quick.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by projectvxn

Absolutely agree. Besides, publicly calling for murder is silly; if some loon takes you up on the idea, your life is going to get a lot rougher real quick.

Yup, if someone takes this lady seriously she could very well be an accomplice. people really need to make an honest attempt at reading history. America has many scars from political assassinations. It is not ok to re-open those wounds just because the politics of a certain candidate aren't to your taste. Now I said before that I would support legal action against any politician that was found to be doing something illegal(Bush in my opinion), but even he deserves a right to a fair trial, and evidence to be brought against him as would be required for any other citizen. His murder would solve nothing.

And if people think Obama is a political problem now, if someone does knock him off, America will become a very inhospitable place to be.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The story is true... I heard it from her mouth.

Am I saying that the Republicans are plotting Obama's assissination? No I am not... but the party has no control over the nut cases and I know Ann Coulter has called or suggested various times violence.

No it would not surprise me if some right wing extremists are considering it....

... some right wing religious extremists have been caught over the years trying to bomb the dome of the rock... so no I would not be surprised.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I wonder what is required to be a fox "contributor". Even Karl Rove himself is a fox "contributor" yet the news is supposed to be non-biased? Laughable!

-ChriS

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Actually, if you watch "Out Foxed", you will see there are many newscasters who have since left Fox News that corroborate that story. I'm sure it happens at CNN also.

Why do you think that all of the news stations say the same words, in the same manner, but with different spins? Because they are given a list of buzz/spin words that they are supposed to use.

So in that sense, they are on par with an Inquirer type magazine (the MSM). While they may not make up stories, their failure to look at them objectively and dismissal of facts that do not fit the agenda, cause many of their stories to be factually wrong and inaccurate.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes, if she said this about Bush she would be hauled away...why? BUSH IS THE PRESIDENT. Obama is just in a contest to be in the contest for the presidential nomination.

To give her opinion that she wishes Obama were gone is her right as an american. She wont go to jail, she wont be shot, get over your hard-on for liberalism

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

There have been several threads posted here about Faux executives contempt for their viewers.

Besides all that... there is absolutely no excuse for what that so called reporter suggested, and laughed about... and considering that most "live" news programs have at least a 30 second delay to cover blurps... and they let it air anyway... the implication was/is that the managers had no problem with it.

If I were in the Secret Service I would be having some very serious and pointed discussions with that anchor and the managers of that broadcast.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

Your posts are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. Way to turn a black and white subject (no pun intended) into partisan banter .

Epic fail.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is sad, very sad indeed.

Never joke about anything..
especially someone else life.

I heard it means you're half-way serious about it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think it was a stupid attempt at humor once she "confused" Osama with Obama. I think the lady has zero class and made a really huge faux pas, and she seized the moment to make what she thought was a cute joke. Ugh! She's an idiot.

I doubt there was any malice in her statement, but I'm pretty sure she'd love for Obama to be out of the race one way or another.

I'm really wondering about Hillary's "sureness" of her candidacy. Every time I hear her talk about it, I'm reminded of the 2000 election when Florida was called for Gore and Bush said he didn't believe it. He was SURE he had Florida... Hillary speaks of her nomination with the same cocky sureness...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think it's a requirement at Fox News that everyone leave their brain in the makeup room. If something like this had been said about Bush they would have lost their job, and the network fined.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
If something like this had been said about Bush they would have lost their job, and the network fined.

I have a feeling if this had been said about McCain, someone would be losing their job, too.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Boooooooooooooooyy someone is gonna do the deed yet! At this rate some kook will see this as a sign that Obama's the Devil Incarnate and try to pick off the bugger. Now all they need is "a sign from God" or one of the voices in their head to tell them he's grade A assassination material.

Sad. Very sad. 4 outta 5 voices in my head say "drop back ten yards and punt!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join