It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5.00 A Gallon Common - What Is It In YOUR AREA?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Keep them coming and PLEASE REMEMBER to come back here and report ANY SIGNIFICANT CHANGES in your area or country. I would be extremely curious to see if the intelligent community of ATS can see any pattern shaping up in all of this. Are some countries going to be harder hit because of their politics and aggression? Are neutral countries going to be treated more fairly by the Cartel?

So far, these are all what I expected.

Dave

[edit on 5/26/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It seems Russia is not exempt from high gas prices.

Drivers Seethe as Gas Prices Climb

On Saturday, hundreds of drivers rallied against rising gas prices in about 50 cities, including 200 in rain-drenched Moscow. A previous protest, in late April, saw hundreds of drivers weaving a slow train through the streets of Vladivostok, honking their horns.

Gasoline in Russia averages 23 rubles (97 cents) a liter. The average price in the United States, meanwhile, hovers around $3.60 a gallon, or 80 cents a liter.

"Why is gasoline more expensive here than in America? Yes, we have lots of oil, but we also have lots of billionaires,"

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
over here last week it was £1.09 a ltr 5 days later its now £1.12!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Diesil does cost less to produce and it has a greater profit margin for the oil companies. however, One reason it is costing so much is that it is the predominate fuel in countries around the world. not only for trucking but ever industrial sector, home heating and such. China and India have jumped into their industrial revolution. It's all about demand.. And the oil producers arent going to miss making a profit.. It's in limited supply and many indicators are showing we are pretty close or at the peak production capacity.. Cheap Petro is a thing of the past.. But this makes way for alternative fuels/energy and a change in lifestyle for everyone..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by sensfan

The US gallon is different from ours. When you factor that in we're at $5.30/gallon.

And why is diesel more expensive? Isn't it less refined? Shouldn't it cost less? Just means that the cost is passed on to the consumer because most goods are shipped by truck. They're getting us up front and from behind.

The Republicans are screwing you up front.
The Demcocrats are screwing you in the rear.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I understand that you all worry about fuel prices near you but open you eyes to the rest of the world and leave this position of 'splendid isolation'.
In the U.K. its is currently £1.20 a litre and so a gallon costs £5.40 that would be $10.80 at the current exchange rates. Try not to base your ideas on what you see in front of you but look around the globe, anything is rarely isolated in our interconnected world.

Interestingly there are no international laws against cartels(collusion) , opec is an obvious target for speculation that the oil prices can be easily manipulated.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here's the detail's in my local area. (United Kingdom)

The Highest Price:
* Unleaded £1.17p Litre
* Diesel £1.32.9p Litre

We had petrol strikes today (27/05/08) to which hundreds of lorries created a rolling roadblock, blocking a major route into London.

Petrol/Diesel is way much cheaper in America so don't moan!

Chris.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here's my thoughts on where prices are going Dave.

When you go back to East Texas you might want to look into that new fangled modern transportation alternative called a horse and buggy.

The current price here is 3.85. I have to post before it goes up though.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Two weeks ago a gas station not far from where I live in Manhattan, NY was $4.09.

Today I passed by and it had gone up to $4.25.

My prediction is $5 by the 4th of July.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, the Caymanian dollar has a different value than the U.S. dollar, and we use Imperial gallons, but after both conversions, our gas is currently at the U.S. equivalent of $4.97/gallon. I drive a Japanese-made van with seats laid down so I can haul full sheets of plywood. I'm getting about 35 miles per U.S. gallon. Good ride. Incidentally, I love that the van came with a spoiler haha! y'know, to keep it from catching air whilst employing its neck-snapping power, screaming down the road at 40 mph.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The National Average in the US today is supposed to be $3.84 I heard earlier on the news. Here in Anchorage, Alaska we are at $3.99 to about $4.05. Before the last few days the prices were always the same withing a couple of hours of each other at all stations.

Another observation is that in the past Anchorage was always a little cheaper than the National Average. Now we are up to $0.20 above???

Diesel here is out of sight and is running about $0.40 to $0.70 higher than regular gas.

Our Permanent Fund checks will be enough higher due to this windfall that it will negate all the price changes unless it gets a lot higher. I'm glad I live in a State that cares more about its people and shares the wealth. My sympathies to the other 49 States.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by Blaine91555]

[edit on 5/29/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
We had a bit of fun in April, as the government managed to let part of the gas tax legislation expire... so prices dropped about 25 yen/litre for the entire month of April. We're back pretty much where we were in March these days.

As of today:

Low:
Diesel: ¥134/L ($1.27 US)
Regular: ¥154/L ($1.46)
High Octane: ¥164/L ($1.56)

Highs around 140/160/170.

Prices here tend to be quite stable - with the exception of April. In November, I was paying about 128-130 for diesel, so it hasn't really gone up that much. Mix of government regulation of the industry and a large refining capacity.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

I love that. Have seen one similar that says "First Born Child"

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
As of today:

Low:
Diesel: ¥134/L ($1.27 US)
Regular: ¥154/L ($1.46)
High Octane: ¥164/L ($1.56)

Highs around 140/160/170.

Prices here tend to be quite stable - with the exception of April. In November, I was paying about 128-130 for diesel, so it hasn't really gone up that much. Mix of government regulation of the industry and a large refining capacity.

Wow Vox..... that is amazing..... but hasn't Japan been pretty much a mass transit country or have I watched "Black Rain" too many times?

[edit on 5/29/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit

Wow Vox..... that is amazing..... but hasn't Japan been pretty much a mass transit country or have I watched "Black Rain" too many times?

[edit on 5/29/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

(remember, that's all per litre)

Japan is very mass-transit heavy in the larger cities - and there is a bit of a stereotype in the western media about Japan as a result. Just as NYC is the only city in America, so is Tokyo the only city in Japan. Sometimes Osaka, but then again, sometimes L.A. It's just one of those things. You can live in Tokyo without ever owning a car. Many people do. Many people don't. Once you leave the city, it becomes far more likely that you will buy a car of some kind, because the public transit coverage is not as complete.

Out here in Hokkaido, people tend to be more reliant on cars for the most part. If you need to go to Sapporo from out here where I am, you would likely take the train, but it's a 40 minute drive to the train station.

One thing that sets the auto industry apart here is the Kei cars (pronounced "Kay"). They're tiny little microcars with tiny little sewing machine engines. Maximum 660cc. They sip gas, are dirt cheap, eligible for a ton of tax exemptions, and if they have a supercharger on them can be a lot of fun to drive.

They look something like this.

The ECO base model (above) lists at ¥682,500 (about $6500) brand new. Great on gas (26 km/l = 61 MPG). I've seen hybrid models that push that to 80 MPG and up. Needless to say, they are incredibly popular cars. Looking around my neighbourhood, the norm seems to be for families to have at least one of this class in the driveway. It's the town car, and the most common choice for someone's first car. If there's groceries to buy, that's the car. If you need to head out of town, take the regular car. If you're in a big city, in my experience 40-50% of the cars on the road are of this class. And why not, really?

Sorry for the thread derail..

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Don't aplogize..... I love this information and I think everyone else will to.

Thanks so much for the details....

Dave

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

There is an ATSer doing this as well here :

Petrol prices where you are

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Gas prices are now at $3.94 a gallon, here in Melbourne and Palm Bay Florida. That's regular unleaded.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Turkey faces similar problems — and even higher prices — $11.29 a gallon, which for a full tank in a midsize car can reach nearly $200, enough for a domestic plane ticket.

See Full Associated Press Article

We are all in for one hell of a nightmare.....

Dave

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit

Turkey faces similar problems — and even higher prices — $11.29 a gallon, which for a full tank in a midsize car can reach nearly $200, enough for a domestic plane ticket.

See Full Associated Press Article

We are all in for one hell of a nightmare.....

Dave

I heard that OPEC and the Global Oil Mafia, put your own names in there, are trying to drive American gasoline to $15 a gallon, and over $200 a barrel for oil.

This is sick, twisted, and probably orchestrated.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well, it's the first of the month... meaning everyone can jack their prices at the same time.

Looks to be roughly 10¥ across the board. some stations are 12 or 13 yen up. it'll balance out to maybe an average 8¥ increase by the middle of next week, I'm thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join