It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5.00 A Gallon Common - What Is It In YOUR AREA?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
PLEASE COME BACK & POST ANY SIGNIFICANT CHANGES IN YOUR PARTICULAR AREA OF THE WORLD TO KEEP THIS UPDATED AND CURRENT. THANKS.

Well..... they say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I thought this would be a neat thread to start where ATS Members can take photo shots, date them, post them here, and then tell what kind of vehicle they have, how often they have to fill up.... things like that.

My Story

Well, since I do the ATS MIX Show full time basically, I don't have to drive back and forth to work as my studio is in my home. That said, Bunny does a lot of Wife Driving. Except for an occasional intrusion by adult children, Bunny and I are empty Nester's. This is a photo that I took when my 2005 Chrysler Town & Country was virtually empty before I made a road trip to do some Mad As Hell segments in East Texas. I filled up with the Unleaded at $3.79.9, but basically $3.80. I normally have to fill up once a week with my driving habits. But considering Bunny has a car and my two sons (which I am paying for because they are going to college), right now my Texaco credit card averages with the four of us about $1,000.00.

Here's my photo...... let's hear your stories in detail and see your photos of your complete fill up.

Dave

Dallas, Texas May 24, 2008

PLEASE FLAG & STAR TO GET MEMBER PARTICIPATION!

[edit on 6/15/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, I don't have a picture to post, but the current price here in Ottawa Canada is averaging aroudn $1.28 per litre Canadian funds. That's roughly $4.10 per gallon in US funds....And that's for regular, no premium gas...so you have it easy down there ;-)

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Well, I don't have a picture to post, but the current price here in Ottawa Canada is averaging aroudn $1.28 per litre Canadian funds. That's roughly $4.10 per gallon in US funds....And that's for regular, no premium gas...so you have it easy down there ;-)

Southern California just made it over the $4.00 a gallon...no picture, sorry Dave, but we be at $4.05 a gallon...for regular at an ARCO...which is basically the 'generic' gas station (Not Shell, Mobil, etc)

It looks to keep rising for a bit too...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

The US gallon is different from ours. When you factor that in we're at $5.30/gallon.

And why is diesel more expensive? Isn't it less refined? Shouldn't it cost less? Just means that the cost is passed on to the consumer because most goods are shipped by truck. They're getting us up front and from behind.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

In Tulsa, OK the lowest price I've found is $3.69 compared to the highest at $3.95.

No pictures available.

"MapQuest Gas Prices" is where I found the prices above.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Trep..... you make a very valid point. When I was talking to the truckers for an upcoming segment, that's exactly what they were saying. Gasoline requires much more labor and refinement than Diesel. In fact, use to, Diesel was ALWAYS less expensive than Gas.

Such BS.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Dallas huh! I am from Dallas.

I will try and get a picture today and post. Im in Alaska...and the pipe line runs past my house. And our gas is ridiculously expensive. We have been averaging around $3.99

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Seattle burbs east. Cheap grade from 3.85 to 4.17 for 87 octane.

Sorry cam is on the blink.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Illahee]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Montreal Gas Price Tracker

$1,36/L

The metrically challenged (US, Liberia and Myanmar) can do their own conversions.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Today I noticed on the way to work..

Christchurch , New Zealand
91 - 200.09 per liter
96 - 210.09 per liter
diesel - 175.09 per liter

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If my conversions are right, we're at 12 dollars a gallon here in the UK. Insane.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
3.69-3.99 in Corpus Christi Tx, which seems to be the average, this is unusual because we have historically had cheaper than average gas down here.
We have a Citgo and Valero refinery down here, Im assuming this is why gas is usually cheaper but I dont know why that isnt the case now.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
$1.27/L here in Toronto ON. It was at $1.25/L before the weekend.

Those prices are for 87 octane fuel, which sadly my car can't run on.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Just took a drive up to the Sierras (in California) and had to pay $4.19 a gallon for unleaded regular...

It was the most expensive tank of gas for me to date..

Johnny

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
TWO days ago, Plaid Pantry(Gresham Oregon) it was $3.89.
TEXACO (Portland, Oregon)a couple miles away, $3.95

And COSTCO (I think also Portland) had it for $3.80 !?!?

They all might have gone up, like I said.. It's been a couple days.

Very interesting post idea. I might try and get a couple pictures too. Interested to see what other people are paying right now. Everyone I know is upset and suffering these prices.

I feel for the Indepentantly Contracted truck drivers... Hard times ahead, I'm thinking.

EDIT: Whoa, typo. LOL Hope no one caught this one.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't drive, just ride my mountain bike everywhere. I snapped this pic on May 22, 2008. Winnipeg, MB (Canada).

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Wow.. still under $4 PLACES...

I live in norCal...

Its over $4 everywhere..

I had to pay $4.19 /gal at the cheap gas station.

The quality gas, Like Cheveron, is like $4.31 a gallon here!

Its madnes, and then when you compare it the the rest of the world, ITS STILL MUCH CHEAPER HERE... its still 3x's as expensive in the UK...

I remember, when i was in middle school, i moved back here to the US from over seas, and i saw $0.99 a gal... that was less then a decade ago...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
hi dave,

no pics, but here in the UK it is the following : $9.89 dollars !!!

petrol: £1.23 == $2.43

diesel: £1.41 == $2.79
(THESE ARE PRICES FOR A LITRE) the average price of unleaded has hit £5 a gallon or $9.89 a gallon.

www.see-search.com...

as you can see ,diesel is getting crazy expensive !!!

for uk people check this site out:
www.petrolprices.com...

thanks

snoopyuk

[edit on 26-5-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I am seeing upwards of $4.50 for premium, about $4 for a gallon of regular.

I'll get a picture this week sometime.

When I fill the car up, its about $60 total.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
87 Octane: $3.84 in Indian Springs, NV / Hubby paid $3.79 in Asheville, NC

[edit on 5-26-2008 by intelgurl]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join