It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Texas had no right to take polygamists' kids

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by ColdWater

Yeah, maybe living through events like Waco have opened my eyes to some of the STUPID things that government can do. What happened here? Some uptight local judge decided that this sect was just too different for their tastes? What about the Amish? are they next?
My brother just argued with me, telling me that the group is all brainwashed, thats why there is no evidence. I told him that there never was "evidence" in the first place. This was all a crock to test their will against fringe groups. Luckily, the group had no weapons...

You dont remember when they attacked the Amish?

Oh they got theirs too, remember them being sick daughter raping freaks per the media? I dont think women should run cps that have been sexually abused. I really believe that there needs to be a screening process.

These women go on crusades and screw up peoples lives en masse.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Originally posted by Blueangel7
It is sad that the children were taken away from their moms, but the whole sect is brainwashed. It's basically just old men that want young women, very young, like 13 or 14, etc. All of them are brainwashed, so what do you do? The women have no contact with the outside world, thank goodness that some of them got away, and reported the abuse. Someone needs to start an immediate deprogramming. What these men have done is pervert the gospel. Using the bible for their own selfish purposes, and pervert the true gospel! That is antichrist! I hope that these people can be deprogrammed, instead of another Waco incident.

Im not going to go and call you names like the next poster did but I am going to ask you one simple question. What does it mean to be deprogrammed? Its basically old men who want women? Says who? Did the courts say that? Have these men been tried and convicted? You and all of these people might be right this may be a house of rapists and pedophiles but so far it has not been proven so who are you or anyone else to say these people need to be deprogrammed. All of the "facts" the government has put out do far has come back to be false. These people are guilty of one thing from what I see so far and that is guilty of living an alternative lifestyle. One where they don't buy in to corporate America. They rely on themselves and each other. They are close knit. You may call that weird they call it family oriented.

Right now we live in a sick world full of greed and vanity and these people dont want any part of it. They want their privacy from a world that does nothing but try to screw the man next to you or get screwed by the government. They want no part of this. They are self wealthy and built their buildings by hand with hand mined stone and wood. They make their own clothes and grow their own food. Those are the facts so far. Anything else right now is hearsay and you shouldn't be quit to judge. Especially being from what I see a religious person yourself. "Let he who haven't sinned cast the first stone" Who said that?

You are uneducated about what you are talking about, they dont read your bible. They have their own, they ARE NOT perverting your bible. Its people like you that made this happen to the FLDS church.

Looks like you could use a little deprogramming yourself. They are not pedophiles, if you have not been paying attention the girls one by one were proven to be adults. Looks a little more like you are on a crusade.
Read my post above.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Whos comment are you referring to? I know its not mine. I know your not saying i need to be deprogrammed.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Of the five remaining minors who are pregnant, four of the girls are seventeen. It is legal for girls to marry at sixteen in Texas with parental consent. That leaves one girl who was fifteen at the time she was impregnated. At the beginning of this mess , the FDLS people said that one of their fifteen year old girls had been impregnated by a Hispanic teenage boy while he was visiting his friends on the ranch. The state may soon have good cause to regret demanding all that DNA testing.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

They will probably hide it like they tried to do in the Duke Lacross case. They will hide the results and try and change the subject. I hope they get the hell sued out of them. God this case pisses me off hardcore.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I just don't think suing them or even firing them is enough. Suing them will give compensation, but it all comes out of taxpayers pockets.

These Traitors need to be put in prison to make an example for other overzealous public servants who consider stepping beyond their authority and trampling upon the civil rights of those they are meant to serve.

How about a Death Penalty for public servants who engage in civil rights violations?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Yeah good point why should taxpayers pay for their incompetency. Prison sounds good to me. Im on board.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I do not really blame the CPS workers even though I think they are mean anti family people. Someone very powerful wanted FDLS to suffer. The CPS workers botched the job because they are dumb. They are not playing dumb. I bet the elites behind the raid really wish the cps workers had not drunk so much floridated water. It would be sweet if the elites are brought down because their goons are not smart enough to do their jobs well. The irony is so sweet . People are dumb because the elites made them dumb.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
CPS's appeal says FLDS families are flight risks

The lies by CPS continue. Now their argument is based on the people might leave the State when they get their kidnapped children back. Afraid to lose control of their illegal action. Well no kidding, they didn't break the law and you have not presented any proof, they can go where they want when they want as any other American.

Isn't this type of action what our forefathers created the Constitution for?

The state filed its initial appeal Friday, arguing that Texas law gave a lower-court judge discretion on whether to remove the children.

Also on Tuesday, a judge ruled that the state can keep custody of a sect member's infant. The temporary custody agreement allows Louisa Bradshaw Jessop, 22, to live with her 2-week-old son and her two toddlers under state supervision.

Notice how they have twisted the Court ruling to return the children. Absolutely amazing! Again, they have bamboozled another mother either sign these papers and give us control or you can't see your child at all. What do they call that if your not the State.... oh yeah that's blackmail for the rest of us nobody's.

The state's court filing Tuesday also said DNA testing of potential parents of the children is not yet complete and that children could be returned to sexual predators if the court doesn't rule in its favor.

Alleged predators for which they have provided no evidence for, yet they're asking for that the court to consider something without providing evidence.

I see the State not only is fighting against the court ruling, but they're waging a media campaign with lies as well. With news releases on a regular basis.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

So the state after all this ridiculous amount of persecution of the innocent sect members, wants to keep these families or at least their children around. The whole point of abusing the sect members was to steal the land. Now the state is doing back flips with the law to keep these people in Texas. The cronies of the elites are trying to protect themselves and it won't work. Future generations ,even in Texas, will look down their noses at those responsible for this raid. Even the descendants of those resposible will cry crocodile for the innocent victims of this travesty.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Last night in a last ditch effort to sway public opinion or attempt to influence the Supreme Court of Texas prior to the ruling, CPS disseminated some apparently telling pictures to the MSM that show the Jailed leader of this group engaged in kissing an underage female.

While it shows this man might need to be prosecuted further, I just don't think it has anything to do with the specific children who have been taken away. CPS and there cronies in the MSM are claiming this whole FLDS group is involved in a huge conspiracy of pedophilia. I think they need to follow the law while attempting to prove their conspiracy theory.

It appears the Texas State Supreme Court agrees and has now been the Second Higher court to rule against CPS and the original Judge. They are again ordered to return the children. I think CPS can only Appeal to the Federal district court or U.S. Supreme court at this point. Personally I would like to seem them slapped down by the U.S. Supreme court as well, so other states will get the message that what this CPS agency did in Texas was done wrong.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here are pictures of Warren Jeffs kissing a possibly twelve year old girl. Oh, and she looks like she is pregnant, too! Click on the pictures! How sick is this?

www.foxnews.com...

www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

Quite disgusting and Jeffs is a sick man but Jeffs is also serving life in jail for it also so hes getting his punishment as he should. I think he should lose his balls too. But there needs to be an investigation first not take the kids then investigate later that isnt how our system works. BTW there is a new thread about the supreme court decision might want to add to that also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 30-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueangel7

I've seen those pictures. They are really old and the man kissing the girl on the lips is already in jail. He was never at the FDLS ranch in Eldorado. Those pictures are not proof that the people at the Eldorado ranch are guilty of child molestation. I wonder from where the state obtained the pictures. If this is the best evidence the state can up with , the state has no case.

The state is trying to take the kids away from the FDLS parents although they have no evidence of wrong doing at this time and give them to scum like this man.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i don't know why everyone seems to be saying these poor people. i do believe in this incdeince texas will be vindicanted once dna comes out.
alsi i am sure everbody who pays takes love paying for the cults finaces.
each one of these extra wivesonce they have kids is eligioble for food stamps and welfare benifits which are probably cashed out and redeposited into so called church accounts.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

It was a big lie that the FDLS people at Eldorado were on Welfare. The propogandists for the state only spread it around because they knew it would make FDLS members stink in the eyes of many Texans. The state has told some big whoppers in this case. For instance CPS kept a woman as old 27 in foster care as a minor even though they had her drivers liscense. DNA may also reveal even more CPS lies.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by eradown]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I started a new thread with the attempt to keep things current, thanks, OP
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join