It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one bites the dust...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blitzkreigen

Blitzkreigen that was beautifully stated...and I have used that example before. I love dogs too...and no matter what they may do I still see them as pure and loveable beings and it is never their fault. I have used your story before in metaphor, regarding war, and how people may be forced to kill but that does not mean they have to hate or despise what they kill.

We do what we have to do at the time, even if it breaks our heart. Though in all honesty while I would feel truly sad if I had to kill a canine to protect myself or others, I don't like people as much so I sincerely doubt I would feel the same sense of sadness. Plus we both know the dog was acting out of defensiveness...whereas...people that break into your house are not.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thank You Sonya.

Its taken me a bit of experience to get to this point.

I have scars on my hands and a large scar on, behind and down my left ear, and 3 on my face from several differant dog situations, usually breaking up fights or saving cats, or other dogs, from multiple dogs having field days.

I got myself into every one of those situations, and knew I would take a few 'licks'. I still have two of those dogs right here at my feet now, and the others were not mine at all. I had a choice to watch or stop it.

When I dont have a choice... its another issue.

Animals are much more ferocious then Humans.

No Human will ever scare me as bad as 3 bobcats did trying to eat me in Colorado, on the Delores river bank. ( I didnt have to kill them either )

A burgular in the middle of the night, well... thats something else entirely.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Blitzkreigen]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well dogs are very rarely sadistic...though some are a bit insane. I used to be involved with Doberman rescue, and took in many abused dogs that could easily have overpowered me.

I have tried to break up dogfights, and fully realize that when they are in the "zone" there is no stopping them, though fortunately they recognized me and I was never harmed. Of course I also realized that if they are stronger there is not much one can do without causing harm to one of them.

Dogs are by nature social, and pack oriented, and so very very few are truly insane when it comes to humans. They can be reasoned with (via body language and such) and if you can communicate you are no threat they will typically stop. Show submission, or an appropriate level of dominance, and dogs will stop.

Humans...totally different story! Dominance may work but submission will only cause a bad situation to get much worse in a hurry.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The "Intent" of a Person, is much differant than the "Instinct" of an animal.

Add drugs to the equation, like '___', or PCP, or Crack, or Speed or ICE, or Cheese heroin, and all bets are OFF.

Then you get into the just MEAN, evil , sadistic , cruel people and I personally consider them Spiritual and Physical enemies.

Dogs, and other animals are not really ever EVIL, and CUJO just needed some good meds and antibiotics. The bob cats were just hungry, attracted by my dinner,< I tell myself > and I think it was a mama and her 'rather large' cubs. They tried for hours though...

Yes the trait of EVIL, unfortuntely lies only in the hearts of 'men'.

I dont feel obligated to succumb to their whims.

I find that I am thinking about this thread while I go throughout my day, and I think I have become even more Spiritual reading this.

I'm logging off.

Ya'll have a great day. I've said all I'm going to.

Thank You All for such a deep discussion and lasting thought processes.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blitzkreigen
Add drugs to the equation, like '___', or PCP, or Crack, or Speed or ICE, or Cheese heroin, and all bets are OFF.

We think a lot alike. When it comes to a human aggressor, especially one such as a home intruder, being smart means assuming the WORST. That is why I get annoyed when people speak of reasoning or wounding; that is projecting ones own feelings and thought processes onto another when it is best (for the purpose of survival) to assume the worst.

One should never assume they can feel fear, or pain, or are capable of empathy or reasoning. They decided to violate highly personal boundaries, and in nature that sort of mistake has consequences. It becomes purely mechanical, and the way I see it, if they have another nice side well that is all fine and I wish them the best and they can express that side in the afterlife.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm glad everyone is getting along better.
Blindwatcher I really don't have a problem with your opinion. It's appreciated and I hold nothing against you for it. God made everyone different and that includes matter of opinion.

I agree dogs are good security devices. We have a 2 month old chocolate lab. If someone doesn't want to be licked to death I suggest they stay out of my yard!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

Thanks Lone Star that means a lot coming from you. Just so you know, if people knew how strongly your beliefs were and others with your same beliefs, I truly think many would think twice before intruding on another's space. I definitely wouldn't mind having you as my next door neighbor!
Be good.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join