It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one bites the dust...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
www.click2houston.com...

When will they learn? Stop trying to steal from us and we won't shot you. OK let the peace lovin' hippies start bashing me.

Really this is becoming quit an epidemic here. The crime rate is going through the roof. I'm just glad the law-abiding citizens are standing up and telling these vermin we aren't going to take your crap!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

So, by your logic, anyone not paying their taxes should be shot.

Fantastic.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

If you had bothered to go to the link, it was to a armed home invasion robbery.

Yes, I own a gun and yes, if robbers invaded my home, they would be met with a 12 gauge shotgun and a 45 side arm.

Clearly this post was meant to refer to armed attacks of people and or people in their own homes, threats top people’s safety and well being.

Your jump to armed response to tax fraud was completely off topic and imo-just silly.

If you care to be a victum in your own home, that is your right, however, it is not your right to try to make victums out of others.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
WTF does someone not paying taxes have to do with a home owner shooting a slimy criminal? Go back to your corner.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Unlike the man in the other topic this person defended himsel very well. Its not what I would have done because, well, I dont own a gun, if I did I would have done the same. You see, Lone Star, I am all for protecting our homes but in the case of Joe Horn, the "calling 911 waiting 10 minutes and then shooting them" just is'nt cutting it. One thing is for sure, if everyone kept a gun in their home it would not stop home invasions, there would just be alot of deaths on both sides. We start keeping semi-automatics, they start carrying automatics... Where does it end??

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh and for the record (though it's off topic) I'm all for the IRS going bye-bye. That being said I could careless if someone pays their taxes or not.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

Well, I personally like tazers. I won't have to worry about a stray bullet hitting a loved one yet I can still take the bad guy down long enough (hopefully) for the po-po to show up. Of course in the mean time they would have a 45 pressed firmly to the back of there head. Maybe he won't "make my day" by moving even a hair.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you are concerned for others-it is be commended, I have a solution for you. Load your 45 with glasser safety slugs.

The are designed to NOT penetrate walls and such.

Glasser Safety Slug

[edit on 5/21/2008 by mrmonsoon]

[edit on 5/21/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You try to break into my house, you get shot, to death. You decide not to pay taxes, good for you.
Seriously if you decide to break into someones castle you can expect that if they are home, you have about a 50% chance of death.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Once again your train of thought of everyone owning a firearm would lead to disaster. I'm getting really tired of having to post this example of citywide mandatory firearm ownership. Please read.

Kennesaw GA

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Somehow I doubt the outcome would be the same in a city over 70 times bigger like houston. Kennesaw has 30,551 people and Houston, my hometown, has 2,144,491. I'm no expert but to me the idea of everyone owning a gun is crazy.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I agree to disagree. I think it would work, but to each his own.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Awesome thanks for the info!!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Why? Other rules, regulations and, laws work. Hell they managed to prevent everyone in the city from smoking in bars. Why couldn't this work?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In Switzerland it's a law that EVERY household have at least one gun. How much crime do you hear about there??

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

No problem. I agree with your example of Switzerland, they have little crime problems from the armed locals there.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Touché. Switzerland is an exelent example of how everyone owning guns could work.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If someone breaks into my home then yes they will be shot on sight. I won't be trying to cripple them either. It will be a death shot because my children & wife mean more to me then them. I believe everyone who is a good citizen and takes the gun training and practices shooting should have oe in their home. If you can get a permit to carry then by all means do it. Criminals are gonna do it without permission or training so be ready to be a better shooter, a better citizen and protect yourself.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Home invasion is on the rise everywhere. I once had an attempted HI in an apartment of mine, going on 20 years ago. It was a steel fire door and the kept ramming it. I propped a steel chair on the inside of the door but they had become very angry about not being able to get in. At that time I bought and sold antiques and estates and they were certain I had cash and had followed me home.

When it was clear they wouldn't leave I unscrewed the peeper and pushed it out then took a can of zippo lighter fluid and began squirting them down through the peep hole. Once most of a large can was expended I push an unlit wooden match out the hole and it fell on the ground. They left yelling and cussing, but I made my point without a firearm.

Yes if they had gotten the door open my old iver johnson single shot 12ga was waiting. They were drug addicts and would have killed us over a couple hundred dollars in cash and I knew it.

I just used a card after that, and stopped the antique business altogether. Not worth it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Two things trouble me when reading about incidents like this. One is truly disturbing, the other just makes me roll my eyes.

1) The "John Rambo" responses. I'd be willing to bet that half the 'internet commandos' have put fewer that 500 rounds through ANY gun. I wonder if they realize the amount of pure adrenalin that will be rushing through their system while they stumble around in the dark trying to get their gun, try to remember if its loaded or not, try to remember if they have a round in the chamber, all this while trying to keep kids, spouses, pets out of the line of fire and then they still have to confront the intruder. Still hopped up on adrenalin they now must manage to get gun on target, keep a fair sight picture and pull the trigger, possibly multiple times, all the while managing not to get shot/hit/kicked/punched by the intruder.

I wonder how often they have practiced waking up from a dead sleep, running to the closet, retrieving their firearm, taking off the safety and responding to a simulated threat. Without shooting themselves or a loved one in the process.

Its not a simple matter of 'popping a cap in someones ass' as some would make it out to be. I doubt if many truly think about what will happen in their own bodies if they are faced with a situation where deadly force may come into play. Not only will they have to fight with their own instincs, but also with the intruder/assaliant/etc.

2) The 'guns are evil' folks. Well, after reading the internet commandos responses, I can almost have sympathy with them. Almost. I completely and adamantly believe in a persons God given right to defend themselves. Firearms are the single most potent form of defence an average citizen can own and I think it is short sighted and irresponsible to believe your security can be maintained and defended by someone you have to call on the phone. The police, by their very nature, are a reactionary force intended to supplement a persons right to defend themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join