It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi insurgents use eight-year-old girl as suicide bomber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Iraqi insurgents use eight-year-old girl as suicide bomber

www.dailymail.co.uk

An eight-year-old girl was strapped with remote-controlled explosives and used as a human bomb by Iraqi insurgents in a blast that killed an Iraqi commander earlier today.

An Iraqi captain was killed and seven other soldiers were injured in the explosion which took place in the town of Youssifiyah, south of Baghdad.

The explosives were detonated as the girl approached the Iraqi commander.

A curfew has now been imposed in the area, and American troops are said to be hunting for those responsible.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.liveleak.com

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Didn't hear too much about this, here or on other forums.

If that is her, with that big smile, she would have also killed me had I been there.

Rest in peace little one, while islam, allah, muslims and muhammad place value on your violent death, we infidels place value on your short little life.

www.liveleak.com...

I did read somewhere that others are debating she was 8. Like being 9 or ten is any difference.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This news story will enable troops to fire on children as suspected ressistance fighters. RESSISTANCE not insurgance. Remember the French Ressistance? They were very noble people, demonized by the Nazis and called a different name by them.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Not "resistance" or "insurgence". They are children. The insurgents are using children for their dirty work.

The forseeable problem is; what happens when one of these kids are engaged?

MSM will have a field day.

The child is regarded as a low-cost expendable. Use of the child has dual benefits - one immediate, one deferred. The immediate benefit (from their perspective) is obvious. The deferred benefit is to enhance the likelihood that a child will be engaged. This creates favorable media coverage (again, from their perspective), as well as impeding efforts to win over the civilian population.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by jerico65]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I remember seeing a short clip on the news shortly after the Iraq incursion started. A couple of soldiers said they were engaging the enemy with back and forth gun fire at night. Then they heard what sounded like whimpering and muffled screams and crying. The gunfire stopped. When they went to investigate at daybreak, they found several little kids who had been shot and killed. They were being used as shields. The soldiers said they would forever be haunted by it, and I myself am by their story. Truly heartbreaking.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

My friend was wounded in Vietnam because he didn't fire on some kids. They thought they were spotters for mortars (which happened), he thought they were just in the line of fire (he was right). He was hit trying to scare them off.

US soldiers are soft hearted to kids. Killing one in combat has to be the hardest thing.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Bless your heart for what you've said in this thread jericho. You have brought a tear to my eye. This stuff makes me sad that we can't just stop our violent ways. Such a hostile rock we live on.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Abhorrent. That's all I can type through the tears right now. RIP little angel.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is disgusting! But what you don't really hear about is when US led air raid kill 19 insurgents with 9 civilians. Those civilians just happen to be children and women. It is disgusting both ways. Who knew that invading a country that did not need to be invaded would have a down turn like this!

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm at a loss for words. I haven't felt this choked up in ages, poor little girl.

What kind of monster could do this to a child? Certainly whoever did can no longer be classed as human. They even use people with downs syndrome.

How they can justify roping in the young and handicapped is beyond me. Surely no cause is worth that?

CX

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Forcing someone to carry out suicide bombings is a disgusting act whether young, old, able or disabled.

One thing though, if this is the same incident.....news article dated 14th May....

Militants strapped explosives to a young girl and used her to blow up an army checkpoint in Iraq yesterday.

They detonated the device by remote control as the child, thought to be as young as eight, walked towards a group of soldiers.

Girl of 8 used as suicide bomber

Further down the article, much further down if anyone gets that far, it states......

The Americans called it a 'suicide' attack and put the number of injured at seven. Later, they gave the age of the girl as between 16 and 18.

I know they have used young kids in the past, but in this case whilst she appeared young, it was obviously later established she was verging on adulthood, slightly different than 8 years old would'nt you say?

So why would the news say she was 8 if they eventualy found out she was between 16 and 18?

Like i said, disgusting either way, but it does make you wonder why they happily headlined the article for the biggest shock factor.

Sad as it may be, nowadays no-one bats an eyelid if the suicide bomber is an adult. An 8 year old though on the main headline........thats gotta get you more support for the war has'nt it?

CX.

new topics

top topics

join