It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Sex Before Marriage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Not to be cynical about thigns but, isn't that always the way it has been? the woman has always traded herself for the most succesful male, in our soceity that is the male with the most money, it's a product of capitalism.

Women aren't doing anything different to how it's always been. Happily there are still some women who listen to what their emotions say and marry only for love without taking any logical tools to the problem. Money and other thigns don't come into love.

I think though that marriage is an old and stupid idea. I think two people who are living together should get the same benefits and financial help as a married couple. I often wonder why we allow our system to favour the married when it is in our modern worl nothing more than a piece of paper. It's hoscking that out of the couples i know, the long term married are far less happy than the long term partnered and unmarried.

As for women giving up their name for their married husband, well i don't get that either. It's supposed to be a sign of being part of that family but why done's the man give up his name? I wouldn't give up mine simply becuase i love my name, if the woman i married didn't wantot give it up i wouldn't be that hurt as long as she was faithful. However i intend t not get married simply because i think it's archaic. The sad fact is i will probably get married simply becuase of the financial benefits.

Again i will make the point though, why do our governments offer extra incentives for the married couple? Divorce is at an all time high, it's far easier than people realise, it's about time we give the same benefits to unmarried, long term couples, especially if they have children.

EDIT

Oh and as for abortion, well i don't really care. It's not life until blood is infused into it (one of the popes said that). there is also i thin a bible passage that syas "life is in the blood". Abortion is the womans choice and i agree with it fully. A child bought into this world should be cared for, if it's unwanted it won't be cared for like it should and so abortion can be a good thing.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merle8
They need to come up with a male birth control pill so that unwanted pregnancies are just that much rarer and thusly forced/coerced marriages are as well.

I apologise for the double post but i have to adress this. I don't agree with the female pill yet alone a new male one. the pill is a massive cause of the spreadinf of STD's and accidental pregnancies. Honeslty it's a really rubbish type of birth control. Not only that but it has been shown to increase the chances of cancer later in life!

Even whena girl has told me she's on the pill i still use a condom, latex is the best thing out there and i wish more people would use it, i truly wish many girls would tell a guy to jump off a cliff if he didn't have a condom.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree, marriage really shouldn't be a part of the legal system. It's a joke at this point anyway. There should just be an informal paper you can sign that says you're with someone and he/she is your partner. Same sex or not.

[edit on 5/20/2008 by JPhish]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Or to add to this.....

Many girls feel the need to "put out" because they feel that is the only way they will have a guy or feel loved. They may not be looking for money, gifts, etc....but love and they think this is the only way.

So, that is another aspect to consider.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No sex before marriage...No sex after marriage. Hey what's goin' on here? I'm pretty sure there are people who only had a 2 week sex period in their life
, the honey moon and a week or two afterwards...and thats it. Ask my grandfather, he'll tell you a few!

-Cuauhtemoc

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

duly noted green; i believe it's the media telling them this. Think about every movie you've ever watched. Girl puts out, happy ending.

thank you hollywood

Originally posted by Cuauhtemoc
No sex before marriage...No sex after marriage. Hey what's goin' on here? I'm pretty sure there are people who only had a 2 week sex period in their life
, the honey moon and a week or two afterwards...and thats it. Ask my grandfather, he'll tell you a few!

-Cuauhtemoc

not to judge, but if your divorcing someone 2 weeks after being married, it doesn't seem like you thought the decision through that much before tying the knot.

I mean obviously, if the person died or something, THAT'S another story.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ah... i dont know what to say especially after reading a couple of pages here, its kinda futile at this point but here goes. WAIT!!!!!!!!

people who have had premarital sex end up being divorced. dont know why.
and

why dont people want their first experience with someone they treasure rather than disposable. anyway philosophically speaking a person's first sense-impressions (experiencing life's things) become impeded in the mind as a template for later experiences with the same thing. its like seeing the color red for the first time u become attached to the way u perceived it. so if u believe in soulmates then ur first is the one not your partner in marriage.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I think that is a small part of the female populous and they always existed, the need to feel wanted or verify their sexuality has always been there. It's not new, the new part to sexual partnering is capilalism, instead of marrying the best hunter gatherer they marry the best gatherer, the person who can get the most money. I think in the long run this will damage the strongest genes, because the gatherer doens't need to be smart, or strong. they can just be the most manipulative and corrupt person.

Whilst some girls will sleep with any man they can to make themselves feel in control or even just simply verified, they are in the minority and have always exited. Just look at the geishas from Japan, they were meant to be virgins until they could sell their virginity but the occasional one would break this rule, i suppse some broke it becuase they enjoyed sex, some broke it to rebel and some broke it because they wanted to prove they could get any man they wanted.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

When you have sex, you are marring that person. At least in God's eyes.
Still can get pregnant, right?
Marriage within Israel, started out as nothing more then a celebration. When a boy and girl, where determined old enough. They where usually
put together by their parents. No worrying about making the right decision. It was made for you.
Legal, secular marriage, is straight from the pits of hell. In my opinion.
We fail away from the natural (right) way to live. With Adam and Eve.
It is hard to go against the natural order of things; without suffering the consequences. But then life in this world is no rose garden. After tousands of years, it is pretty mixed up, even upside down.
The just, follow their heart, as honestly as they can. Then live with the consequences.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

sorry Andre, but lol if u are born, depsite those circumstances, then youve HAD no option but TO BE born. .. ALSO itd have been the mothers choice to bring you into the world or destroy you.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by AshleyD

i agree with AshleyD 100%. Women are degrading themselves to nothing but disposable sex objects. I was talking about it with a friend of mine a few months ago. It seems as if women today have absolutely no respect for themselves. It's very unattractive.

The media and drugs/money seem to be a big reason for this.

Most girls "trade" sex to have a rich boyfriend, a drug dealer boyfriend, or to make themselves feel as if they have influence/power over a guy.

There's another word for this kind of behavior. Yes, i say it's it's borderline prostitution.

On the flip side, because of this, most guys are money hungry, drug dealing, "players". HMMM I wonder why they call themselves "Pimps"?~

ok ok..... please try and remember not all women 'trade' sex to have a rich or drug dealing boyfriend....or to make them feel powerful over a guy!!.....

lots of us women out there that just genuinely want a decent guy!.... i know you say women 'put out' too easily, just keep in mind that some of us have some morals and self respect!...... and wouldnt 'put out' for some flashy vain rich guy with no good conversation or standards!......

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

I love you, marry me
On the other hand i hope other women take your points to heart. Sadly with our MTV generation, the idea fo materialistic gain is becoming more and more important. The idea of love simply because you like a person for who they are is dying out. It's rather sad.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I understand why some people stereotype women my age (25).... its just frustrating because were not all that way.... but i do see how bad its getting, women lowering themselves and their dignity..... its a shame but i think society has alot to answer for..... i stay true to me, myself and i....

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Again, marry me
However i don't think women are lowering themselves, i just htinks it's a different form of natural selection. Can you blaim a person for wanting security? Can you blaim a woman for wanting a roof over her head, can you blaim her for using her sexuality in a world where any advantage is looked upon as something to be used?

Men are currently in trouble becuase they don't have the sexual advantage, and i honestly feel sorry for women who use it to their advantage. Some of us men have respect for women, no dobt we'll be taken advantage of
Nevermind.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Its a tough one... and i suppose there isnt any one right answer... at the end of the day were all looking for the same thing - love.... some just look in the wrong places and aquire it the wrong way..... i just wish some women (a few of my friends inparticular!) would realise you need to love yourself first and foremost

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I agree fully, you keep going like this and i may have to marry you, honestly i agree with you so much here! You need to love yourself before being able to truly love another person.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Dear Mr Lizard,

It does sadden me some to read your antiGod post but God gave you a free choice just like everyone else and I understand that. It's a truth that not all will be saved or believe, I will pray for you.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother_jung
You would not buy a car without driving it first so why would a potential life long mate be any different. Take her/him for a test drive. Don't sign the paper work until you know the drive train is in good shape.

This has to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. We're talking about people, not an object. How dare you associate what real love and intimacy should mean by liking a man/woman to a car.

If you truly love someone, are you telling me that if the "drive train" is in bad shape, then forget any chance of lifelong commitment. I simply can't believe what I'm reading. You express a complete lack of understanding regarding what real love is all about. Would you be so callus to divorce your mate if he/she were involved in an accident that paralyzed them from the waist down, making sex improbable?

If this is the way the majority of society thinks...then

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I meant that the people didn't have sex after those first two weeks, due to boredom and that stereotypical 'married life' stigma. I guess the joke didn't translate very well.

-Cuauhtemoc

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

No I think everyone should look at him. (OR NOT, Mother Jung Said it was a joke next page over) This is a good example of why we are all agreeing with each other lol. (Topic Void)

The minds of our future generations are shot. Hell is not a place it is a spiritual place that we have begun to carnate on Earth ( A Feeling, and Emotion). So now Earth is becoming a hell. It is what happens when The Just turn their backs from the ways of the lost. Im not sure about the Spiritual Hell for the afterlife... but if its any worse then current society. Help Me.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by rjmelter] Edited to Add Insight that Mother Jung said they were joking about the previous post.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by rjmelter]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join