learn more

No Sex Before Marriage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

people are only looking for a quick fix nowadays Jester; and they don't care how they get it.

But not to worry . . .

"Mom is going to FIX it all soon; Mom is coming 'round to put it back the way it oughtta be..."

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
"Mom is going to FIX it all soon; Mom is coming 'round to put it back the way it oughtta be..."

i love that song....

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Frankly I wouldn’t want to be born if I was conceived through rape….

But wait a min……….are you seriously saying the victim should have the baby?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Rape Statistics

5% of all rape victims ever get pregnant.
Did I ever say that Abortion should be illeagal? Ever? NO!!! Now you are being the ignorant one by claiming that I said something that I never said.
I believe it is acceptable for a rape victims to abort a child conceived in such a horrible way. Who on earth would ever want to raise the child of a rapist? The fact still remains though that the odds of getting pregnant durring such an horrific experience are very slim.

But as for the other millions of women that do it every year, what reason do they have other than they are not being responsible for their own actions. If you can't do the time don't do the Crime.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I couldn't agree more. No one wants to take responsibility for their F@#$ ups. Going buy this logic I should never discipline my son when he does something wrong. And if I decided to go out and shoot someone I should be able to get off, all I would be doing is taking an innocent life right?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Frankly I wouldn’t want to be born if I was conceived through rape….

But wait a min……….are you seriously saying the victim should have the baby?

so your entire life, Poof. gone because your father is a rapist? wow, sounds like your life is pretty bad.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

so you are saying that if your father is a bad person, you dont have the right to live?

would you like to be put to death because of who your father is?

Very well said. The child has a right to live no matter what. It SHOULD NOT be a person's decision to make or break a life. Especially when you think about it from the child's point of view. A baby is innocent. It doesn't know right from wrong. It wouldn't know that its father was a rapist. However, it is also a womans right to choose whether or not she has her own baby. And a person's FREEDOM to choose is also very important. Especially since the freedom to choose allows us to make that decision under special circumstances whether its the best decison to have the baby or not. I personally believe abortion is okay if you know that the baby will suffer in any way or have a myriad of problems. Rape does not justify abortion because its not the childs fault. That's just my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
edit...double post.

[edit on 5/20/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm only 19 first off, but i'll give my meager advice on the sex when married thing. I grew up in Utah a place so obsessed with abstinence that's it's almost a crime if your neighborhood finds out you have had sex. As you all know Utah is virtually the "mormon mecca." And i'll be the first to say that 7 out of 10 young men and women will not uphold this rule that grew up in the Mormon church. Alot will forever hide the fact that they lost their virginity in a almost typical way now days. Alot of will receive ridicule and absurd punishments both at home and at church. When I was fifteen I met my first love. You know that first girl that you get serious with. That "one and only" girl that'll have a piece of your heart, no matter how tiny that piece is. She grew up in a very strict Mormon family. As the years went by and it got more and more serious. We had sex and we were both virgins. It was a very romantic and sensual way to lose your virginity. In my mind it was the perfect way to lose a virginity. For a while after she was completely depressed almost as if she knew she was forever doomed becasue of her actions. It took me almost a year of comfort and love to soothe her mind. It was a very tough and emotional time for me as well. The whole experience brought me to one conclusion.

I believe that your sexuality is souly yours and what you choose to do with it is only a problem with your inner self and the partner you choose to share it with. If you choose to not have sex, good for you. If you choose to have sex, good for you. Obviously being educated on sexually transmitted diseases, and how to have safe sex is a issue. Other then that it's a complete and total personal decision.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

The fact still remains though that the odds of getting pregnant durring such an horrific experience are very slim.

Here we go the great abortion debate....

So this youth gets drunk and wakes up knocked up...
There are millions of reasons why abortions are needed and that is just one of many.

But as for the other millions of women that do it every year, what reason do they have other than they are not being responsible for their own actions.

I’m pretty sure any women reading that sentence would be deeply offended but what do you care – a women as every right to do what she wants to do with her body…..if that means terminating an unwanted pregnancy, that's her right

[edit on 20-5-2008 by andre18]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I disagree entirely that 'no sex before marriage' is a means of controlling the population.

The complete opposite is the case.

Governments and big business control the population by destroying the institutions that bond people together, leaving only fearful emptiness to be filled with consumer products and false ideology.

By subtly (through the media and education system) encouraging people to be promiscuous they are devaluing the institution of marriage.

From our teenage years we are constantly bombarded with airbrushed images of 'sexy' celebrities, scandalous gossip and the message that everyone is getting a lot of really 'good sex', except of course happily married couples. Even worse is an education system which bases sex eduction on the assumption that everyone will be sexually active by the age of about 15 or 16.

Sex forms the glue that holds together a marriage, which in turn forms the basis for the nuclear family. Whilst far from perfect this is one the of strongest (and in the majority of cases most loving) social instutuions ever created.

No wonder it was first on the seek-and-destroy list for a centralist Government backed by faceless corporations hell-bent on controlling the population.

Nowadays we have replaced this model of love and acceptance with emptiness and craving casued by instant gratifcation of casual sex.

Whilst I agree that the Catholic church largely exists to control the population this was one case where they got the product right.

Unfortunately they fell short on the sales side, leaving the media and Government free to replace true love with their cheap and cheerful but vastly inferior version, free sex.

After all, if people feel loved and secure in their relationships they are don't need turn to coporations or Governments to fill the void. For those people the void is filled by true love, (something the Government and corporations are busy denying exists).

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Why would they be offended? Unless of course they are one that engages in such casual abortions.

What is really offensive, is that so many lives have been lost, so many gifts to this world are gone forever just because someone else decided that they were an inconvienence. You never know... that kid that was just aborted could have been the one to discover the cure for AIDS, or cancer.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

It's the modern way of things Jester. No one owns up to anything anymore. Nor do they have any self control, so they create or believe in "a way of life" that justifies/allows them to live the way they want to live. It's quite sad really.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
a women as every right to do what she wants to do with her body…..if that means terminating an unwanted pregnancy, that's her right

forget the government and whether or not it is illegal. forget the bible for a second.

it is wrong to kill someone right? (not talking about the bible, just general morality)

if a person is old and terminally sick, is it ok to perform a mercy killing to alieve the pain?

what if the person is just old but healthy? is it ok then?

what about people with disabilities? do we kill them too?

my point is this, most abortions are based on this ¨choice¨ not on health factors. you have a perfectly healthy baby with all the potential in the world and you abort it simply because it was a ¨mistake¨

that sounds barbaric.

the thing you are forgetting, is its not her body she is killing. its the babies. so are you saying now that parents have the right to kill thier kids whenever it gets too tough?

if you want to talk about medical complications and whether the baby will be terminally ill and the mother may die during pregnancy that different. i still do agree with abortion in those cases but i at least can understand it.

the example you are giving are murder, plain an simple.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
so they create or believe in "a way of life" that justifies/allows them to live the way they want to live.

sometimes accepting the truth is harder than it looks.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Unless of course they are one that engages in such casual abortions.

And that's still their choice and should be free to do so...

What is really offensive, is that so many lives have been lost, so many gifts to this world are gone forever just because someone else decided that they were an inconvienence. You never know... that kid that was just aborted could have been the one to discover the cure for AIDS, or cancer.

And so when I go for a ‘wack’ I’m potentially killing the next Einstein – that’s a risk I’m willing to make..
– and when those sperm enter the uterus and just one makes it you’re still killing those others who didn’t make it……

[edit on 20-5-2008 by andre18]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
im not relgious so it doesnt really apply to me... but i dont ever intend to get married so seems i would be expected to die a virgin??...... i make my own rule for this... if im single, which i am, i choose to not sleep around for the sake of it, and thats good enough for me!....

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

And so when I go for a ‘wack’ I’m potentially killing the next Einstein – that’s a risk I’m willing to make.. – and when those sperm inter the uterus and just one makes it you’re still killing those others who didn’t make it……

From this statement alone I dont think you have much to worry about. No chance of an Einstein in your case. And sperm are not babies. Dear God don't they teach biology anymore? Also, I assume you mean ENTER rather than "inter".

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

And sperm are not babies.

That's not what I’m referring to, you're the one talking about lives being lost, if you care so much you shouldn't even have sex....each sperm is a potential genius....

Sure people should be responsible but that’s why abortions exist, because not very one is...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Fetuses aren't babies. God don't they teach biology anymore?

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join