Originally posted by JesterMan
...I really don't see what kind or "order" this is keeping. ...
Well, let's just look at it from a purely common sense approach.
1) As far as I know, being a virgin has only resulted in one birth in the entire history of mankind. Thus, if everyone were married before having
sex, there would be no "unwed mothers". No "single moms" (single widows/widowers, sure).
2) The vast majority of STDs are transmitted via a sexual act (hence, the name SEXUALLY transmitted disease). The remaining ones are via
contaminated blood. No sex before marriage, no STDs within a generation or two.
3) In study after study after study, those that waited for sex until marriage report having a happier, more fulfilling sex life than those who did
4) If there was no sex before marriage, there would be no adultery, and divorces based on the fact of the adultery would be non-existent.
5) If there was no sex before marriage, there would be no cases of rape, and no cases of childhood sexual abuse.
6) There is a strong correlation between casual sex, and the increase in women's mental issues. If there were no sex before marriage, there would
be fewer women's mental health problems. (This is theory on my part).
7) People that had sex before marriage are vastly more likely to get divorced, than people who had not.
Given just #1 and #2 above, are you SURE you don't see "what kind of 'order' this is keeping", or have you just not thought about it?
[edit on 8-1-2009 by sir_chancealot]