It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we terrified of the Grays?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have not read all of the responses but being an abductee I may have a different point of view. I can only call them body terrors....I go into a state of terror so severe I cannot think, my body actually trembles. My children do not, but I do.

I know why I am scared of them...do you?

Rich

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
reply to post by weedwhacker

Moon landings..what moon landings? lol sorry off topic.

Oh, no...please don't fall into the Moon hoax trap...there are plenty of aggressive blokes in the UK all over YewToobe already with that nonsense...kids who live in their parent's basements, and have too much time on their hands...

Where the notion of any Moon 'hoax' probably stems, originally, is what has been alluded to in the UFO forums....the technologically advanced aliens didn't want us Humans nosing around....and NASA didn't want the 'disclosure' either....so rumors about 'faking' Apollo missions stem from the other, deep secret....that's all it is.

Apollo worked, and was successful, though by comparison it was Ford Model T technology.....

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I had this very conversation with a few members of my journalism class the other day (yes, we are brave, or crazy, enough to discuss alternative topics).

That particular face, on the cover of Whitley Strieber's Communion Letters was voted by us to be the most disturbing depiction of a Gray that we could find. Myself and 2 others all feel the same feeling when looking at it: being overwhelmed. It isn't really fear, although fear does play a part. Most like the eyes could swallow you whole. An inexplicable deepness.

Then there were others that just looked at it and went 'nup, nothing. What are you going on about'?.

Personally, i go as far as arranging the UFO topic books on my shelf so that none of the Gray images are in open view. I just can't look at them.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Here is something you guys or gals can experiment on, go buy a shirt that has a GREY on it wear it out in society and you will see the ones that have had contact. You will see somethings from their body postures or just from television conditioning like they are put off. But the ones that aren't have this rare disturbed look reaching into the back of their sub-conscious, try it out and see what the reaction is. I have worn my shirt and it was a fun experiment to see how psychologically it reacts with people.

You got to put things to the test sometimes. Whether it be for stimulus input or other things.

Try it out.

You will find humility in it, and how others around you react.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by menguard]

[edit on 17-5-2008 by menguard]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

fooff....that is fascinationg. It is deep-seated in the human psyche, it seems....this alien face/image.

Is it the lack of pupils? Is it the somewhat insectoid appearance? Is it....and I know I will get stones thrown at me for this....a genetic 'memory' of some kind?

I hope rocks aren't being lodged at me, because it's a possible answer to this question. IF we have....IF our DNA, and thusly, OUR species, has been manipulated for thousands of years by another species...it is logical to assume that there will be an aversion to this manipulative species, encoded into our DNA....whether 'they' programmed or not.

When I mention 'encoding' I merely point out....instinct. There was a study I saw once, with infants....they had an instinctive ability to recognize a precipace...a drop....even before they could walk, they would crawl to the edge, and stop. THEN, a piece of plexiglass was placed there, at the edge of the drop....and even though the infants could feel the solid surface, they could not be coaxed out onto the transparent surface, since it defied their limited 'instinctual' fear of falling.

Instincts are very strong motivators....only intellect can overcome them.

WW

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
When you say few... I saw the conference.. the one where the organization called "disclosure" had a press conference and was surprised when someone said there is 24 known aliens.. geez...

Actually it's 57

Here's the link to The Disclosure project May 9 2001 press club meeting for download: HERE All of these men are from military, government, or major airports etc. and end their statements with "I am willing to testify under oath in front of congress that what I said was the truth"
Anyone looking for proof of ET/EBE's Should watch the above to start

Then man in charge of recovery for the US was Sgt. Clifford Stone. Here's a link to a Project Camelot interview:
HERE

Originally posted by prevenge
so if you feel fear for them.. i'd focus on .. instead of trying to find "confidence".. which is really just a temporary shield against the outside world seeing your fear...
and rather practice.. "letting go".. of that fear.. learning how to control your heart rate .. and filling that void.. that you have in you after you let go of the fear... with self love...
practice that.. and i doubt they will be interested in you .

same way a young bully who's abused by his parents at home.. feeds off the thrill of picking on the smart kid.

That greatly depends on the kind "confidence" one is focusing on. True confidence is derived from a sold base of knowledge & a balanced being, a false confidence is just a front as you pointed out. True confidence is something we should all strive for and should not be generalized into a failed technique or teaching thereof

Originally posted by prevenge
but yea so this was either your subconscious mind.. teaching you how to control itself heh..
or an actual visitation from some one else.
who knows?
maybe our dreams ARE "real" in a sense.. and the interactions we have ARE "real"
I mean.. whats so different between what you perceive in this reality and in your dreams?
it's all in the mind origonally... the "mousepad" is a "mousepad" because i can identify it as such.. its just an agreed upon concept, attached to energy in a specific frequency pattern really..
could this be the same in dreams?

Eeyup!
Save for in the dream world, you're not limited to the collectively perceived notion of a "body" like we are in this "dimension" or "reality" we are sharing here. And yes, dreams are very much a real thing. I can garantee for every dream one has had, there is a correlating "marker" in their waking life. We are a manifestation of our cognitive processes and dreams are where those processes can be truly free, but you have to free yourself first

Originally posted by deadline527
I usually have sleep paralysis preceed astral travel techniques for some reason

That is because these non-local consciousness experiences(or OBE's) as well as lucid dreams generally correlate with certain brain frequencies & states of consciousness.

BRAINWAVE: RANGE: CORRESPONDING MENTAL STATE
(....excluding those ranges higher than beta such as gamma)

BETA waves 13 to 30 Hz the fastest waves, most commonly found during our waking state, associated with outward awareness, engaged mind, arousal, actively perceiving and evaluating forms of data through the senses; also present with fear, anger, worry, hunger, and surprise.

ALPHA waves 7 to 13 Hz associated with non-drowsy but relaxed, tranquil state of consciousness, less engagement and arousal, pleasant inward awareness, body/mind integration, present during meditation and states of relaxation

THETA waves 3 to 7 Hz associated with increased recall, creativity, imagery and visualization , free-flowing thought, future planning, inspiration, drowsiness, present during dreaming and REM states

DELTA waves .1 to 3 Hz associated with deep dreamless sleep, deep trance state pituitary release of growth hormone, self-healing, present during deep levels of non-REM sleep.

At one point your body paralyzes itself so you're not twitching wildly as your brain fires during REM, re-processing the day into long term memory & subconscious dream sign, or while being healed & repaired etc. So if you know you're body is still "out" so to speak but there you are "awake", you can pretty much do anything with your "free" consciousness at that point.

Why are we terrified of the Greys? Because we've been lied to about them. Because we've been told they're "the devil" or "evil". Because we hear the stories of operations, probing, breeding, etc. Because apparently the people who are supposed to be our own teammates and protectors (the government or atleast the US government) don't inform us and instead use this information to subjugate and ridicule us. Because when EBE's tend to encounter humans oft times it involves someone shooting at them or running scared from them and not a story that starts with "hey I just talked to this pretty nice alien dude...".

These guys(ET's) have more then likely been watching us for thousands of years and if they where "evil" or "bad" and wanted to use all of us as slaves (assuming that's not already going on somehow a la The Matrix) or kill us all; they could have individually squashed us with their saucers like ants while we where scavenging
around for a good rock to chip down into an arrowhead....to shoot at the alien with. :|

So what do they want? Who knows, that's why we need to start discussing a little thing called "exo-politics". But somehow I have a feeling they want the same thing as the rest of us, to live our lives in relative peace and not be messed with. I'm sure there's one's out there who are serious A-holes, but imagine what kind of impression they have of us based off our contact with each thus far? I can't imagine some "war-like race" being all to different from us and our society at some point too. And from what I've heard, the majority of the "Greys" are actually planetary guardians of sorts. NOT HUMAN GUARDIANS NECESSARILY. I think that's where the majority of the miscommunication lies.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

they look so different is probably the main reason...i would be scared too,but if i felt they were not going to kill me i would try to calm down and communicate.

I have thought about how i would react if i saw one and i would try to be as civil as possible and doing that they would probably help calm me or you down.

it's a trippy thought,but the whole universe is trippy and we gotta get used to it

edit= after reading some posts...from what i hear some of those grays are cyborgs(that's why there is no emotion) and the grays are like plants,they are chlorophyll based or something like that.

and h3akalee was talking about how they were forcing him to go through emotions..maybe they are trying to learn these emotions? interesting stuff

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Skipper1975]

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Brilliant post and I know 100% where you are coming from. If they wanted to take over our planet they would have done it years ago.

People need to ask, What is it "I" fear about Aliens/Greys

[edit on 17-5-2008 by psycho81]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceweaver

I have always felt the same way. I do not think they are friendly at all, and I do not think so much of people who claim they are channeling friendly aliens.

I had two unexplainable experiences when I was in my twenties which I will never forget.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

I don't want to appear to be insensitive at all, because I've never went through an abduction. My experiences(astrally) have been "different" with these things to say the least. From what I can tell, yeah there ones we would consider "good" and others who we would call "evil" but both serve the same purpose in essence. Then from what I've read and heard, some do soley serve themselves entirely which would probably be the most "evil" of them all really.

You meet good people, you meet bad people, why would it be any different with them? We've all had some very bad experiences with particular humans I'm sure. So because of those events would it be accurate to generalize everyone into one category because of the actions of a few? That's kind like saying anyone with brown hair who's 5'7" is a violent criminal because a 5ft 7inch man with brown hair beat me up & stabbed me once.(hypothetically)

reply to post by menguard

I gotta try that tshirt thing, sounds like fun times
I do have a little bobble of sorts that has a grey on it that everyone always remarks about when they see it. It's funny because I honestly didn't think anyone would care or notice but it's one of things I have that everyone has remarked about when they see it.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Brilliant post and I know 100% where you are coming from. If they wanted to take over our planet they would have done it years ago.

People need to ask, What is it "I" fear about Aliens/Greys

[edit on 17-5-2008 by psycho81]

i think thats a very "early-man" logic you're using there.. as if.. say.. the US wanted to invade Cuba.. they would have done so years ago..

oh .. wait..

i mean so if the US wanted to invade iraq. they would have done so..

wait..
NO . .ok i have it.

if the US wanted to invade CHINA..
they would have done so..

they already have.. we instated mao.
we created the structure there.
we control (ok not "we" as in you and i..but the power structure behind the scenes here.. control the power behind the scenes there. and have for decades.)

what if they don't WANT to formally barbarically "invade" human-D-Day style??

maybe they think a biiiit broader than that.. and a bit more preemptive.. since they understand our complete physiology, sociology, and psychology, since tey made us the way we are after genetically modifying us..

they'd be "invading" from the controlling the "powers behind OUR scenes".. in exchange to those humans.. with the purest highest technology ever...

say.. they WANT us to be an ignorant dumbed down society... compleeetely ignorant (except a few fringe groups) ... of their existence..

that's a more concisive and effectual takeover.
not some blunt force physical push..
but a sly manipulation behind the scenes to pull certain strings.. which butterfly effect out into the type of plans you want to see unfold.

i don't buy that they'd "come in and invade" B-movie style.

thats why when you actually DO see an invasion and people running in the streets... don't for one second believe its them doing it.
i'd leave that type of scenario for humans to stage.
even to the point of breeding hybrids or alien "looking" humans.. to come on into town and terrorize.

read ancient art of war.

americans used chinese strategy to achieve chinese control..
and everything you see that may unfold between they and us is going to be according to plan
just like the greys would have it.. controlling us from the top..

there ARE loving big-hearted spiritually developed human species out there.. beautiful tall nordic types that warn people in visits about the greys ALL THE TIME.

man i want to meet one of them...

-

-

[edit on 17-5-2008 by prevenge]

[edit on 17-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

yeah i wanna meet one of the human looking types..

that would be so cool

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
reply to post by weedwhacker

I can tell from your post you have not come across them!! Just because you are taller than them believe me would not help you in the slightest lol

Thinking in terms only for the sake of discussion, people are used to seeing the Earth-TV version of what a 'Grey' would look like.

Imagine something that is stranger than a 3.5 foot tall cross between a very large insect and a dolphin, which, though small, gives off a feeling that it could quite easily spring across the room and do something very unfriendly.

IOW, you don't -know- the capabilities of a true 'Alien'. It could be twice as strong and much quicker than a human but look spindly and frail.

One would not have any models to judge this "creature's" motives, intent, or strengths. It could very well have self-defense mechanisms, such as ability to spit poison.

But the very fact that you don't know, don't have a basis to judge would mean your reaction would be one of fear and horror and repulsion in many cases.

Remember, a wolverine is not a large animal. In a confined space I would not want to be in the presence of an animal that could kill or fight off a small bear.

Finally, the best we can do is judge by Earth animal behavior. An alien would be just that - alien. Thus, double the typical horror/threat index and there you have an idea of what it would be like. It's not going to be cuddly or cute or look like a child as in Close Encounters.

2 cents.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

Do you really know what you're saying?

Again, remember these are aliens. The type of 'humanoid' alien you meet might be just close enough to a human (but not quite) that it would freak you right out.

Just consider -within- the range of human beings how some of the can be very unsettling to be around. But they still look human.

An alien may also look human, but have various 'anti-human' traits or behaviors. I don't mean tentacles coming out of their stomachs. I mean something you wouldn't expect, but which could feel very threatening.

One example might be a physical sensation that they could mentally get inside your head.

Only it might actually -feel- as though they were physically doing it.

My choice would to be -not- to meet with any aliens.

After all, you never know where they've been!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Badge....yes, interesting points you raise...

AND, I think it's a consensus that the 'small' greys are constructs....biological machines....designed to be workers, robotic workers for their 'overlords'....(for want of a better term).

It would stand to reason that, despite their size, they would be strong....to lift things....to restrain the pesky human subjects.....because the biological creatures, the 'flesh and blood' beings, would not have those enhancements....well, they might, but am assuming they are frail, and are using these 'tools' as we would use a robot...or a hammer...

The Achilles heel seems to be....the energy of thought. Someone mentioned, earlier, when he directed his concentration on a 'small' grey....it stopped working....and he (the human) was interrupted by the tall 'white' grey....that speaks volumes, to me.

Fear is the 'mind killer'....to steal a quote from a famous author. Truly, fear, as an emotion, is one of the basest.....and thus, we can be easily controlled if they can instill fear. Once you transcend fear....you can progress into a better understanding. It can work for you, in your day-to-day life....and, possibly, for those who are abductees, it can be a strength to help you cope, or possibly, fight back.

Focused thoughts....seem to be what they don't want us to know about.

Problem with fear, in the human organism (and most other mammals) is the 'Flight or Fight' reaction...and the adrenaline rush to accompany it.

If you can't flee, and if you can't fight....well, the hormones build up, and they only last a few minutes....then, you are drained of energy.

Does any of this sound familiar??

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Think of it this way, when you were just a child your parents would take you to the Doctors office. At an earlier age you had no idea the doctor was there to help you and to make sure you were healthy and stayed that way. All you knew was that whenever you went to see him/her you were poked and prodded and usually stuck with something sharp that hurt and made you cry. From then on you felt fear and terror when you had to go to the doctors.
And even once you age and come to understand that doctors are there to help you, you still carry with you that fear associated with them due to your earliest experiences.

As to the gray's seemingly emotional detachment anyone involved in health professions will tell you, they have to have a certain amount of emotional detachment with their patients because it's necessary to do your job on a continuous basis without losing your marbles.

just my 2 cents

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The human being to a Grey is basically what we call a Lab specimen. We are to them as aminals are to us.

Some of us are there pets, some of us are there Lab specimens, and the rest are left to roam free.

From what I understand they are not here to clean up any mess we make we have to clean up our own messes and they don't really give a hoot if we kill each other just as long as we do not destroy Earth there Laboratory.

They consider humans hostile and use the control for there safety. They work 24/7 and if you think if you use words like in the name of Jesus Christ go away etc. and you think they go away they don't they just put you under deeper control and you don't remember. They work just as much during the day as they do at night and a misconception is they work at night because the light hurts there eyes....THIS IS INCORRECT THEY SEE JUST FINE IN BRIGHT LIGHT AND IT DOES NOT HARM THEM IN ANY WAY.

They use bright light for many things, one being for healing and another for growth such as in plants.

They do have a tendency to plant the seed within you (information) and they wait to see how long it takes for the information to come to fruitation.

As far as sperm and ova they collect this just as they do from all species and create life. This Universe is a mixture of a little of this and a little of that.

Alien life is parallel to ours. short ones, tall ones, fat ones, thin ones, GOOD ones, BAD ones, and all different colored ones.

Fear is a human trait it is natural for us because we don't understand what really is. Actually I know what is just everyone else doesn't. I know because I am apart of who they are as crazy as that sounds. I can write this because I know no one will believe it.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

observe50....I think, despite some of your misses, you are getting close to a truth, there.

We Humans think we know what 'reality' is....but there is a far greater meaning than what we percieve (and I'm not talking about religion!! That is the opposite of reality!!)

It's a perceptual property....goes beyond the five senses we're accustomed to....I can't explain it....hell, I can't grasp it! I sense it, but only a little.....there are no words....

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Someone mentioned, earlier, when he directed his concentration on a 'small' grey....it stopped working....and he (the human) was interrupted by the tall 'white' grey....that speaks volumes, to me.

I think that's probably nonsense.

Humans report a sense of fear and dread that's palpable just contemplating that an alien creature might confront them.

My contention that if anyone really DID have an alien encounter, the chances are that they'd never be the same.

Consider the trauma of being kidnapped and screwed with, or facing the possibility of rape. Though they are -bad-, the prospect is NOTHING like facing that same threat from creatures who are not human, whose motivations you can not comprehend.

At least a kidnapper is human - you have a rough idea of what to expect. You might be able to reason with them - at least you hold out that prospect.

The idea of regular Post Traumatic Stress Disorder would seem trivial by comparison.

In addition you'd be worried that you had been contaminated or infected by them or by their parasites - but still you wouldn't know what to expect.

So, no, people who were -actually- abducted by -actual- aliens would most likely not be posting on a bulletin board about it. They'd be cringing in the corner armed with a baseball bat nearly 24/7, worried that the 'THINGS' might come back again.

Imagine the worst fear of the unknown you've ever had on Earth and multiply that by 10 or 20 and I think that's what it could be compared to, and there'd be the feeling of utter lack of control and an inability to protect yourself. You'd never know when they might come back, and you don't -really- even know what they are, or if they are actually from another planet - you know nothing but terror, all-consuming with no relief.

So, at this point, the topic should read 'Why are we terrified of the idea of Greys?', because up until the present, we've not been subjected to a real experience - and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arthx
Havent had any abduction experience or anything like that, havent even seen an ufo, but that picture...i scrolled back up like no tomorrow when i saw it and my heart skipped a beat.

So yeah, that one dream totally freaked me out. Even now, sometimes when lying in bed I just think bout ET life in the universe and then I remember about grays, and its hard for me to fall a sleep, I then often wake up to check if Im alone in the room...

Hmmm, same thing happened to me about 20 years ago and I was also around 13-14 when I had my dream. I dreamt that I was trying to escape the ship as it hovered over me but the next thing I knew I was sitting on a white table like thing with my shirt off and three greys were to my right. I punched one of them in the face and my hand sunk in its face then came back out. After that I couldn't move. Then they began laying me down on the table and that's when I woke up. I was so scared when I woke up that I got in bed with my parents.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Hydroman]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join