It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we terrified of the Grays?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i know this is going to sound odd but i dontknow i dont get "bad vibes" from greys hahaha i havent met one or anything but when i see pics i dont get scared. maybe im just neutral about it?
i think they are cute not like oh sexually attractive but like awww cute lil greys. but i mean i could be sooo wrong they might want to anal probe me etc. but i would still be nice if i ever came across one. i think they would get along with me.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
"I can't believe anybody would travel such vast distances bent on destruction. I believe anybody who would travel such vast distances are curious explorers, not conquerors," Spielberg said. "Carrying weapons a hundred-thousand light-years is quite a schlepp."
--Steven Spielberg

[edit on 17-5-2008 by menguard]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Okay dude seriously I think you're forgetting the 4th dimensional aspect of their existence, with the "4th dimension" for these purposes being "time". More then likely these guys have been around long before we where around, and long after(on another "plane of 'reality'"), and we both(humans/grays) never existed at all on some plane. Just as our form is eternal and universal in a sense it appears too as all the accounts of ET's are that they are relatively "humanoid" in build.

So if there's any "'early-man' logic" going on it's yours as if they wanted to take over they wouldn't do it behind with the whole behind the scenes infiltration of social-political structure blahblahblahblah....the would probably just poison us or use an engineered disease or something a long those lines. The other way is just way too inefficient for total global seizure really. You're not thinking maniacally enough man come on!
jk

It really does sound like there are just some A-hole Aliens out there flying around at times too, some reportedly "okay'ed" to take people by the US Government in exchange for technology. If you believe the rumors that is...
If anyone wants to hear more about that & the other humanoid aliens I highly recommend checking out Project Camelot's interviews. Especially a guy named Dan Burisch who was one of the "Majestic 12" or whatever their jolly pirate nicknames where at the time (says the guy using a satire of a poet's name to post on message boards)

The fact remains no one knows at this time what will happen between us and them as a world population, nor what their true intentions as a race(s) are until we end the damn lies and start openly talking about this in a public forum.(beyond aforementioned internet message boards)

reply to post by TheBadge

lol me too actually with some of them. But I don't want to perpetuate some kind of negative Extra-Terrestrial-self-image problems due to unfair Extra Terrestrial social standards because I think certain ones are cute and others aren't; so now the poor little outcast gray with slightly smaller eyes and longer limbs will never get on the cover of Zetan-Allure...

And just to make sure the skeptics feel some love too, reportedly in some of the world's government's mind control experiments they where able to induce "fake alien abductions" in certain "test subjects". If you're interested in learning more about that, check this page out HERE
Fake abductions are mentioned towards the end of the series

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
As far as I know I've never been abducted. I dream about space-ships a lot but I don't have any memory of little gray men in the night. For my entire child-hood I slept with the covers over my head and a good deal of time between 4th & 5th grade I spent begging my mother to let me sleep on the couch instead of by myself in my bedroom upstairs.

I'm with those of you who talk about an indescribable fear when you see the face on the cover of Communion. I can't watch "Fire In The Sky" or any kind of scary movie that involves grays. Everyone I've ever discussed Communion with agrees that they can't look at the cover. I don't know what it is but it's a fear that comes from someplace deep inside you, and there have been times in my life where it was pretty over-whelming.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Shakesbeer...(a jolly funny name 'tis)

You make good points....even if you were joking around.

I'd like to bring an analogy to the discussion, if all will indulge me...

I really loved my cat....and I think he, in his way, loved me back. I provided food and shelter....but, of course, he wanted to escape to the 'outside' at any moment....and I knew (being human) that 'outside' was too dangerous!!

Well....'Niko' got out whenever he could....but always came back, because cats like to explore....it's their nature....but they also know where a safe haven is.

Humans like to explore, as well. We Humans would like to explore, to 'escape'.....it's not some 'master' holding us back, it is simple physics, but we're learning. We are learning/have learned at least, to explore our backyard....the Moon.

Brings my back to the cat....my cat....and the analogy. My cat, 'Niko', used opportunity to 'escape'...and explore. He didn't have the intellect to comprehend Algebra, as we do....he relied on instinct.

I could no way, no how instruct my cat, who I loved, in the intracacies of Algebra....but it didn't matter, because he had instincts....

Higher-brained people, we Humans....we can learn Algebra.

Or Calculus....or anything you wish to conjecture....but there may....note I say 'MAY" exist a species, far longer lived than ours, who would consider us, by comparison, a I considered my cat. I loved him, I cared for him, and gave him a good life....but nothing I could ever do would teach him to be a human.

Is it not possible that another species, encountering Humans, could be so far advanced as to view us in a similar fashion?

Just my writing, trying to put perspective on the issue....doesn't mean i'm correct....just thoughts....

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think people are freaked out by them just because they look the least regal of the bunch. They look like kids or like horse jockies whereas both the reptilians and the Nordics look like the ancient gods.

I used to be afraid of the grays but then after being abducted by them a few times(actually, mine were more of a light brown) I've come to realize that they've got a really funny sense of humor. They've played with me a few times either when I regained consciousness during an abduction or while they were knocking me out prior to an abduction and I don't think anyone who was interested in harming me would take the time to play(in retrospect, mind you) funny pranks on me.

I kind of feel bad for calling them irritating sarcastic bastards now but I'm glad that they're engaging me and let me have some wild experiences.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you first of all. I do joke around quiet a bit, it's just my nature really. My path has been a weird intrinsic ride at times to "other places" it seems which has led me here. I've found we have to look at life with a sense of humor sometimes because it always seems to be an activator of hope. Despite the cynics' view, that ideal is more then the "nothing" one would find in it's absents as the nihilist would say(IE Hope is foolish, illogical, irrational, etc). If you think about "hope" is very powerful thing, it can condemn or save worlds...

I liked your analogy there, it does make a lot of sense and comes from a wise perspective. It would seem that is the case to an extent should all the stories prove true from a certain perspective.

But as you pointed out, we are human and can learn complex concepts and comprehend them in time and I'm sure we will continue to do so and improve.

What gives me hope is knowing not all knowledge has to be handed down with the same name and method to attain essentially the same practical application. Here's an example since we're on pet/math analogies:

have you ever played fetch with a dog and faked the throw and watched the dog run after the ball you didn't throw? Pretty funny sometimes. But sometimes the dog won't go for it, or he figures out what you're doing and watches for the ball.

So to mess with him some more, you fake throw the ball and this time he looks back quickly to make sure you didn't lob the ball with a trick throw, but he didn't see you switch the ball to your other hand. So you show him your empty throwing hand which leaves the dog puzzled...still pretty funny

Now he's getting a bit frustrated and goes to his senses and starts to sniff around...did he throw it? the dog thinks. "No I don't smell it that way the same anymore. I smell it towards his direction still..."

The dog moves closer and realizes the scent is strong around you still despite your empty throwing hand held open. He smells and realizes since you didn't throw, and it's not in your usual hand, but he smells it in your closed fist across from it....so now he's barking and licking your hand and you're like "ew, hah you found it! good boy!"

So wouldn't that mean you just sort of taught him a form of algebra by changing the game on him?

If Fetch is quanitified as such:
F= the game of Fetch the Ball
I=identify the location of the ball
R= Retrieve the ball & bring back to "owner's" location

Then F = I + R

But by tricking the dog with slight of hand, you changed the game to be "Identify the Location of the Ball" Which can be expressed like this:

I=F-R

This expression can be used in basic algebra terms to like this

the game being played (Fetch or Find) = X= 3 in a normal game
1=I
2=R

So by those constants. the normal game of fetch and the expression of it's variables & sum could be shown like this:
1 + 2 = 3= X (easy as 1-2-3
)

So when we switched the game on the dog, the game turned in "Solve for 'X'" as opposed "add the integers" like expressed below:
X + 2 = 3

How does "solve for X" equal "I" from the first expression?
X= 3 - 2
Which equals 1
1 as indicated above is equal to "I"(I=F-R)

Totally getting Numb3rs up in this mo-fo

And that's why dogs are superiors to cat because you can teach them algebra. jk
But you get my point, the dog doesn't have to know how to read let alone add & subtract on paper to be able to play fetch and learn when recognize when you change the game on him. I think our Extra Terrestrial neighbors or whatnot do the same thing in a sense from time to time...like with the more anomalous crop circles etc.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
These beings that we call "greys" don't come from a distant galaxy or universe. They originate from this solar system. They differ from us in that they are very old with many originally living on a planet called David (long story) according to the Hopi. They are beings that have actually devolved (as opposed to evolved) where they have no thyroid glands, are extremely light sensitive (note they only appear at night and avoid daylight like the plague) and are forced to live on vast, very old motherships of very advanced technology in the dark recesses of space (hence their black eyes, thin necks and pasty grey skin). They were all once human like us, but chose a different path many hundreds of thousands of years ago. They will soon return in full view in 2010 as our Mother Earth prepares to move into the fifth world from the current fourth. This is a long and complex story so i suggest you look at:

www.thebeloveddisciple.org

and take your time to digest that web site slowly. It has been prepared by a number of Hopi Elders of the One Crow clan (who currently live in Oraibi in Arizona). They decided to release this information to the world four years ago as they know that the great purification is very near and we must all prepare for the new world. Having these greys moving around the planet are part of the story of all our lives and it is vitally important that we all understand exactly who and what they are. Very soon we will have the secret of travelling in Space/Time released to the masses. Know that when this happens, then the beginning of the end has started and we must all individually keep the promise that we made to our maker and stay on mother earth. Not jump off our planet into Space/Time like these greys did in a far distant past and become what they are now. Be warned and DO NOT get into their space ships when they invite you in 2010 as the planet convulses around you. You have been warned.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I have no response, except to

second line...say...wow!

Good response....lots to think about...hope everyone who reads along, will agree.

WW

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~~~PURE EVIL~~~

Pure comedy. I can't believe no one even questions this crap. It would be like me responding to the original post by saying, "You are naturally freaked out by the image of a Gray because Dragons are liars and they are distracting you by making you worry about Grays instead of them."

Please don't question me on how I know that Dragons are liars, I just know.

silliness

Here is some food for thought concerning your dragaons ~~~PURE EVIL~~~.www.godlessgeeks.com... . Before you go trashing peoples feelings. The OP is raising an important issue relating to fear. What the OP and others on this thread are saying is that this fear is real, why are we feeling this way? wether or not you believe that the cause of this fear exist, the OP and others do. To simply say that you think this is comedy is to totally miss the point of addressing the Real issue of the fear being experienced and cannot be remedied by simply saying Greys don't exist, it's your imagination, etc etc. The OP has been brave enough to voice her beliefs and fears, perhaps you could have been gracious enough to see that she is addressing her fears in the open (a brave act if you ask me) with alot of sincerity and a with, i believe, a genuine desire to overcome those fears. How about lending a hand in support, instead of offering it as a slap.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Strangely I must agree with you. Since about the age of 6-8 I have had an inexplicable fear of the stereotypical grey alien. Especially it's black eyes. I find them completely frightening. I'm not talking about comical representations or even variations of them. For some reasons its only the ones that fit a certain style it would seem. I have seen ufo's on many occasions. I believe some may be drawn to a limited number of the population for reasons unknown.
I can definitely say that I have been the interest of a UFO(s) on atleast 2 different occasions. Involving multiple eyewitnesses. Are they drawn to me? I do not believe that i have been abducted, but I also don't dismiss the possibility that i have. I have a few very strange memories. Anyway back to the point- I find the grey aliens scary as #. Especially their eyes.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Why are we terrified of anything completely alien to us?

Pun intended. Couldn't resist.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Interesting post on page 2.
At one stage when I was on Whitley Streibers board, I had him up about promoting the *good alien* ideology when he knew it wasn't true. His answer, I will never forget. He said "What's the alternative?".
The alternative is the TRUTH. Pure and simple.
I could never pretend some experience was something it was not and mislead others into thinking the experience was to be desired when in fact it is something to be very concerned about.

I think it comes under moral responsibility towards mankind. What are your views on this?

[edit on 18-5-2008 by spaceweaver]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Did you have marks on you from the abduction?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
Why are we terrified of the Grays? Why am I terrified of them?

I have never knowingly seen a Gray or looked into its eyes yet they scare the hell out of me. I have an inbuilt fear of one abducting me or appearing before me in the middle of the night.

Why should this be? I cant remember ever seeing one, yet if I look at a classic Gray picture it sends shivers down my spine. Their eyes are freaky, controlling and totally uncaring. They do not look friendly in the slightest they just look frightening.

I can take many fears head on, but this is one fear I just cant get over. I dread the night I wake up looking into those horrible dark wrap around eyes. Is it their strange white skeleton appearance? Their overly large heads? I do not know for sure. Their eyes for me are my main fear.

I was abducted over 5 years ago but I have no memory of the beings. All I remember is being dragged up through the roof by some energy force. Then I have a vauge memory of an entity next to me doing some procedure then being thrown back onto my bed with much force in a very uncaring way.

At no point do I have any memory of a Gray in all this yet I am terrified of them. Why should we be so scared of something we dont even have proof exists? Ive no proof say werewolfs exist either, yet Ive seen pictures of them but do not fear one waking me up one night. Its as if I "know" a werewolf is probably not real but something deep down in me "knows" the Grays are very real indeed.

So why as a species are we so frightened of something we have no proof even exists?

Im not frightened, Yeah id get a shock if i woke up and 1 was looking at me from my bed. But im sure anyone would be scared even if it was a human. Ad its not everyday u open your eyes and somethings in your face.

A good example of this is fom my friend who has a video on you tube under "cock nose" he puts a pigs head next to him in bed and wakes him up.Yep he craps hes pants lol

Inturn , i think our own human sekeleton loooks pretty scarey too on its own. I would still think any being would have a form of emotion and not all ways have the same straight face a "grey" would have. they are drew with mouths, so im guess if they were real they would have muscles to move the mouth. That would make it look like it it could smile.

Im sorry to say i dont beliuve you were abducted though.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Ugh! Now why did you have to post that horrible looking photo of a 'gray alien? I darn almost let out a scream in the middle of the night. I was scrolling down to read the rest of the thread. And then < WHAMO! > that photo startled me!

I believe we have an innate fear for things that are creepy and crawly, like spiders, mice and snakes. There is something about these 'creatures' that have the potential to do harm to us. This includes my startled reaction whenever I’d view photos of 'ghosts'. So I'm assuming 'ghosts', like 'Grays', are not only frightening but pose real dangers to people.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Pretty scary huh! But why is it?? Its definatly those eyes for me. Its like they can scan everything about you in a second and control everything you do while in their presence. You basically dont stand a chance with one of these, all you can do is hope it whont hurt you.

First looks i think, ergh shock style. But look at it, get used to it for a bit. Imagine it in 3d standing with you causing no harm. Sticking a smile on its face. I like it , its cool, can come for a pint with me .

Check this guy out, Back eyes and but hes got a smile on his face. Little nemetoad. He looks Alien. lol

[edit on 18-5-2008 by MarktheSkepticUK]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Reading the content of this thread is analogous to what Cro-magnons would think and deduce from being exposed to a television set. Why don't you quit talking both inside and out and then you'll just know. This stuff totally breaks down with syntax and everyday reality considerations. It's absurd and you obviously aren't getting very "far" with your explorations of the astral or whatever stupid inept gross words you use to name the unnamable. Once you know, you'll realize you can't "tell" anyone about it. You just have to do it.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind meeting them. Maybe some other alien form, not Gray's. The reason people get abducted by aliens is because their goal is to be humans. That is why do experiments with humans and also animals. So that could be why there's is also animal aliens as well. But I do believe that they're good aliens. Just like humans, they're bad humans and they're good humans. So not aliens are bad. Seen pictures of aliens don't scare me. But I guess people are scared of the unknown.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
A guess would be that it is used to control the situation.

I am intimidated by the idea that these entities can control my emotional state at their own discretion...

Humans can do that too now. I have seen a documentary where a woman with severe depression has been implanted with some sort of device in her brain that sends electronical impulses. Of course that was a very risky procedure, but it worked afterwards. Doctors could control her emotional state - induce either joy and happiness, or depression. Adjust the little device and she would start feeling gloomy and crying in no time!
My point is - there's no magic in controlling human emotions. I'm not sure how does that relate to human soul, but it's all chemical science in the brain.

And myself, I do fear the greys as well... However I think I could get used to them, if they acted a bit more in a human way, if they explained what they're doing, if they explained their intentions, and if I had a free will.

[edit on 18 May, 08 by dramafreak]

[edit on 18 May, 08 by dramafreak]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join