It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden says muslims carried out 911

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Bin Laden says muslims carried out 911

www.msnbc.msn.com

Bin Laden said the fight for the Palestinian cause was the most important factor driving al-Qaida’s war with the West and fueled 19 Muslims to carry out the suicide attacks against the United States on Sept. 11, 2001.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've followed a lot of the 911 threads on this site. Some offer very convincing arguments for alternative explanations about the 911 attack.

How do quotes like those in the article fit with the truther movement?

Are news articles like this just dismissed because they don't fit into the theory?

Are news articles like this dismissed as miss information that is put out by people that were in on the 911 incident?

Or does this tilt the argument towards believing that the 911 attack was carried out by Muslim extremists?

I'm just curious how others view this.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty surprised that this dropped off the top 100 so fast.

I guess no one wants to discuss something like this.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Personally, i'd say your source is pretty inconclusive - an audio dialogue is never to be trusted 100%, it's far too easy to imitate a person's voice, especially with today's technological ability.

Plus, there is the fact that Osama has had links with the CIA in the past, so i wouldn't be surprised if it turned out one day (perhaps when the CIA has finally been burned to ashes under the fires of the law - i can wish, can't i?) it turned out he's actually their henchman.

I do, however, have some belief in that the attack was carried out by extremists though, but whether or not those extremists were carrying out the attack in a completely sound state of mind is questionable.

I'm saying that they were brainwashed, if you don't get my meaning.

And of course, it is the person doing the brainwashing who is ultimately responsible, and as such it is his intentions which should be questioned.

I do understand your point - i could probably counter-argue all day about this if i had a mind to.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I think it's because everyone knows what a steaming great big pile of horsecrap it is..
Probably too angry to reply..

I think if ANYTHING was proof that EL--C.I.A--DUH! was responsible this is it..
Be careful of a new 'Terrorist' attack to mark the anniversary.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm not arguing a position here. I'm actually curious how this fits into the bigger picture.

Did the CIA put out this audio?

Is there no real Bin laden?

Is this all just part of the conspiracy?

Plus, don't get mad at me for posting a genuine question. This is all over the news services.

I'd really like to know how news like this is viewed.

Thanks

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't see why al Qaeda would care? Isn't it their objective to undermine democracy?

Wouldn't getting the American people to distrust their government and think that they carried out the attacks be a giant "Mission Accomplished" sign for OBL?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Good point. If the 911 mission was not carried out by Al Qaeda but they still get credit for it then it's just to their benefit.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Wildbob77]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This administration along with their MSM lapdogs have been caught in so many flagrant lies that I would have a hard time believing them if they told me the sky was blue.

www.mnblue.com...

Question authority.........

[edit on 16-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hey,

Let's go get him. We can't let muslims do that to us. I propose a never ending war against terrorism - a new kind of war. Or, if not never ending war, maybe 100 years.

We need to invade the muslims and set them free to take votes. If those muslim countries become democracies like us and Isreal, then their people will be able to go out and buy Michael Jackson records or do whatever they want. Yeah.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think what is so annoying about this is that they REALLY THINK people are going to buy this..

Does anyone else find it a total insult to our intelligence?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Good point. So here is a link to the BBC version of the article.
BBC Bin Ladan Link

Is the Bush administration controlling the news in England as well?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
News like this is viewed in as many ways as there are ways to view a peice of art.

All the news people do is put the information out there, and they don't particularly give a damn if people think they're valuing one piece too highly or too lowly.

In all honesty though, i think they could've added a bit about how an audio dialogue is supposed to be questionable - their aversion to this seems... well.... Questionable.

Saying "The audio message could not be verified as authentic" doesn't really amount to much more than saying "We're not sure about this, but we've made an article about it anyway because we think it might be true!".

What happened to the good old days of journalism where people would only make articles about stuff they knew was the truth?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

What happened to the good old days of journalism where people would only make articles about stuff they knew was the truth?

Not much profit in the truth..

You know.. I have doubted all my life that the 'voted politicians' every really ran anything at all..

But this is just so retarded it could have come from GWB himself.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by whaaa

Good point. So here is a link to the BBC version of the article.
BBC Bin Ladan Link

Is the Bush administration controlling the news in England as well?

That was a news release from a news organization like UP or Reuters and they very well may control the news in England. Who owns the New release organizations? Who decides what news gets released. Who writes the story's?

To think that news equals truth is very naive if not outright stupid. Take your pick.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
More blatant propaganda from Al CIAda IMO...These guys have been desperate as of late to keep the fear-mongering (and in turn these profiteering wars) going.

False Flag up next...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Funny how Bin Laden said right after 9/11:

"I would like to assure the world that I did not plan the recent attacks, which seems to have been planned by people for personal reasons," bin Laden's statement said.

"I have been living in the Islamic emirate of Afghanistan and following its leaders' rules. The current leader does not allow me to exercise such operations," bin Laden said.

CNN

And now all these mysterious tapes surface out of the woodwork all very low quality of course, all from anonymous sources, all coinciding with elections, congressional hearings or low opinion polls, and all stating something to the effect of:

"I hate America! Die! Die! Die! It was ME who carried out 9/11, I hate you all, Raaaah!"

Put 2 and 2 together people. The Bush Admin doesn't even need OBL alive to use him as the poster boy of the "Phantom Menace" with today's technology. He probably died years ago.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

I can remember the initial reports where Bin Laden stated that his organization did not carry out the 911 attacks.

But I can also remember pictures on Palistianians (sp) dancing in the streets.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
And now all these mysterious tapes surface out of the woodwork all very low quality of course, all from anonymous sources..

Kinda like UFO hoaxers you mean?

Amazing how a guy who has/had all the resources/finances to plan out such a high scale operation can't seem to get his hands on a fairly decent quality videocam.

All that's missing is the zooming in and out to obscure the 'target'.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

WHAT IF Bin Laden IS JUST A PUPPET OF BIG OIL GAME
HOW WE COULD FORGET THAT THE 1ST PLANE WHICH LEFT AMERICAN SOIL AFTER 911 ATTACKED WAS MR. BIN LADEN FAMILY TO U.A.E

NOW AS PRESSER BEGINS TO LET AMERICAN THE TRUTH ITS ANOTHER WAY TO QUITE THE CONSPIRACY THAT ITS AN INSIDER JOB.
WHEN WE SAY FAKE LADEN ON TAPE HOW COULD YOU SAY 1ST OF ALL ITS REAL TAPE IF ITS REAL HOW COULD YOU SAY LADEN MORE LOYAL TO MUSLIM THEN TO WHOM WHO OWN THIS BIG OIL GAME

[edit on 16-5-2008 by 123space]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join