It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden says muslims carried out 911

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

To answer one of your previous questions, it is indeed my opinion that the major networks were part of the plot. But that is not what this thread is about so that is all I will state.

An analogy is in order, even though some might not see what it has to do with this thread:
It is an ocean. For those just finally wading in, the current can be dangerous. There are a bunch of people standing on the sandbars, not sure if they should go further out, or go back to shore. Then there are those that are so far out the currents have swept them away. And yet others that managed to stay afloat.
None of the people that have ventured in should tell the people on shore to stay put, but should instead offer to help them stay afloat. But the people on shore that refuse to venture in, seem to constantly try to persuade others not to go out.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
For anyone who thinks it's difficult to reproduce someone else's voice electronically, you obviously don't keep with technology:

"Gentlemen! We have called you together to inform you that we are going to overthrow the United States government." So begins a statement being delivered by Gen. Carl W. Steiner, former Commander-in-chief, U.S. Special Operations Command.

By taking just a 10-minute digital recording of Steiner's voice, scientist George Papcun is able, in near real time, to clone speech patterns and develop an accurate facsimile. Steiner was so impressed, he asked for a copy of the tape.

Washington Post

It's been possible since 1999.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
For anyone who thinks it's difficult to reproduce someone else's voice electronically, you obviously don't keep with technology:

"Gentlemen! We have called you together to inform you that we are going to overthrow the United States government." So begins a statement being delivered by Gen. Carl W. Steiner, former Commander-in-chief, U.S. Special Operations Command.

By taking just a 10-minute digital recording of Steiner's voice, scientist George Papcun is able, in near real time, to clone speech patterns and develop an accurate facsimile. Steiner was so impressed, he asked for a copy of the tape.

Washington Post

It's been possible since 1999.

I don't know anything about this technology. Would it fool voice analysis experts?

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Wildbob77]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk

If bin Laden is the Boogeyman behind 9/11 and the Big Kahuna of Al Qaeda and the #1 most-wanted man in the world, why is he not in US custody after almost seven years, two wars and ongoing occupations, AND an alliance with the military-led government in Pakistan where he's supposedly hiding?

like others in the thread pointed out:
OBL & AQ are the strawmen (for ensuing CIA & administration policies)
At most OBL sent $100K for the 8 man cadre of zealots from Saudi to try their plan
AQ had NO input or leverage/authority/planning of the events of 9-11the small cadre of Whabbist fanatics were relying on luck & Allah for the scheme totranspire--- there was absolutely NO central planning (or orders given) from the AQ caves in Afghanistasn --that's So Amerikan-ish !

OBL finally relented and postured as being really invovlved and complicent
in the 9-11 attacks.
The newest vocal from this OBL, focusing solely on Palestine is a diviation from OBLs original cause...which was Mostly---the presence of "Infidel" American military being present on Saudi/Arabian soil,,, the Palestianian issue was secondary...at least as how I saw it. (weighing his language and association about 9-11).

but the propagandists will keep hammering that distorted OBL complicancy
theory/false history home to a unilluminated population.
so-be-it

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Hell, i wouldn't be surprised if you could fake a voice-i.d using the technology that is available nowadays.

Monday, Feb. 1, 1999

At least the voice sounds amazingly like him.

But it is not Steiner. It is the result of voice "morphing" technology developed at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Notice the date. I'd say it's been perfected almost 10 years later.

[edit on 5/16/2008 by Griff]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Again, I'm a couple posts too late.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

why is he not in US custody after almost seven years, two wars and ongoing occupations, AND an alliance with the military-led government in Pakistan where he's supposedly hiding? With his ongoing medical needs thrown in the mix, any two-bit wannabe bounty hunter could have found him by now

Even a girl scout could take him out...
Two over 50 Arabs, hiding in the caves of Afghanistan, both with enough medical problems and ailments to rack up a six-figure hospital bill and yet America cannot seem to find them after occupying Afghanistan for 6 years?

I don't buy it.

I don't know anything about this technology. Would it fool voice analysis experts?

It fooled the man who's voice was being reproduced. I think it's safe to say it would fool the general public who's never met or listened to Osama Bin Laden talk.

Notice the date. I'd say it's been perfected almost 10 years later.

Exactly what I meant, it's been around well before any Osama tapes surfaced, they would have perfected and tested it by 2004.

All you need after that is to add a blurry video source of some dark-looking, bearded man wearing a turban and presto you've got a Bogeyman tape!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Pffft

If thats how you perceived Arabs in that kind of light, its no wonder we are fighting so badly. Arabs are too stupid. Know thy enemy as I would say. What is the purpose of Osama not getting caught like any guerrilla fighters do when avoiding a superior force? Think about it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

the dancing palestinians was STOCK FOOTAGE.
there is no truth on television.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I don't quite follow you, where did I ever say I support the war or perceive Arabs as lowly simpletons?

I was simply saying, OBL was a never a threat. He is however the Poster Boy the Republicans use to pin every bad event and ugly person onto.
If a guy trips on a friggn' banana peel they try to tie it back to OBL nowadays.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

I don't quite follow you, where did I ever say I support the war or perceive Arabs as lowly simpletons?

I was simply saying, OBL was a never a threat. He is however the Poster Boy the Republicans use to pin every bad event and ugly person onto.
If a guy trips on a friggn' banana peel they try to tie it back to OBL nowadays.

Lets quote you here

Even a girl scout could take him out...
Two over 50 Arabs, hiding in the caves of Afghanistan, both with enough medical problems and ailments to rack up a six-figure hospital bill and yet America cannot seem to find them after occupying Afghanistan for 6 years?

I don't buy it.

Thats the problem here. Your perception of someone like Osama who is an Arab cannot survive against an American supreme fighting abilities.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

If bin Laden is the Boogeyman behind 9/11 and the Big Kahuna of Al Qaeda and the #1 most-wanted man in the world, why is he not in US custody after almost seven years, two wars and ongoing occupations, AND an alliance with the military-led government in Pakistan where he's supposedly hiding?

like others in the thread pointed out:
OBL & AQ are the strawmen (for ensuing CIA & administration policies)
At most OBL sent $100K for the 8 man cadre of zealots from Saudi to try their plan
AQ had NO input or leverage/authority/planning of the events of 9-11the small cadre of Whabbist fanatics were relying on luck & Allah for the scheme totranspire--- there was absolutely NO central planning (or orders given) from the AQ caves in Afghanistasn --that's So Amerikan-ish !

OBL finally relented and postured as being really invovlved and complicent
in the 9-11 attacks.
The newest vocal from this OBL, focusing solely on Palestine is a diviation from OBLs original cause...which was Mostly---the presence of "Infidel" American military being present on Saudi/Arabian soil,,, the Palestianian issue was secondary...at least as how I saw it. (weighing his language and association about 9-11).

but the propagandists will keep hammering that distorted OBL complicancy
theory/false history home to a unilluminated population.
so-be-it

Dude, I understand all of this already. The question is posed to those who support Bush in all things and march to the drums of endless war, because HIS failure to catch OBL (or, apparently, to even TRY to catch OBL) should be the #1 reason for them to abandon their so-called "Decider" as at the least ineffective, at the worst a traitor (for deliberately either allowing OBL to escape or for using him as a scapegoat in a massive cover-up).

For people who honestly believe OBL and Al Qaeda and other "Islamo-Fascists" were behind 9/11 and continue to pose a dire threat to the United States, accountability on the part of their beloved pResident should start with catching the #1 Bad Guy. The fact Bush-Bots steadfastly refuse to hold their "leader" responsible for his failure in this endeavor leads me to believe most are either a) paid propagandists, b) delusional, or c) know all about what's really going on but for some ungodly reason support the neocon agenda despite its likely repercussions for them personally.

[edit on 5/16/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Thats the problem here. Your perception of someone like Osama who is an Arab cannot survive against an American supreme fighting abilities.

My perception is, ANYONE, Arab, American, or anything, should have been easy to find by now under such conditions. There's a big fat price tag on his head. We have an alliance with the Pakistani government (where he's supposedly hiding). He's on freakin' dialysis. Why don't we have him?

Let us not forget Bush himself said he's not really looking for him and doesn't even think about it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

No my perception is that it is highly suspicious that the US Army cannot find this man after 6 years of constant warfare & occupation.

And how is categorizing him as an Arab, over 50 and riddled with medical problems in some way racist?

Last time I checked all of the above are true.

Calm yourself, I don't support the war and I don't see all Muslims or Arabs as evil nimrods.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Put 2 and 2 together people. The Bush Admin doesn't even need OBL alive to use him as the poster boy of the "Phantom Menace" with today's technology. He probably died years ago.

My opinion is that OBL died sometime in December of 2001, possibly the following January. There have been numerous slip ups even in MSM about OBL's death. From what I've gathered, the US and GB are among the minority in belief that he's still alive.

I think that the propaganda machine is at work, generating more fear, claiming more responsibility, and trying to create an environment ripe for loss of Rights.

But then again, I could be wrong and my words could be worth exactly what you paid for them.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Let us not forget Bush himself said he's not really looking for him and doesn't even think about it.

"We're going to get [Bin Laden] Dead or alive, it doesn't matter to me." 12/14/2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

What happened in those 4 months that OBL went from "wanted dead or alive" to "I really don't care"?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

"We're going to get [Bin Laden] Dead or alive, it doesn't matter to me." 12/14/2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

What happened in those 4 months that OBL went from "wanted dead or alive" to "I really don't care"?

That's the $64,000 Question, isn't it? Ask a Bush supporter this question and all you'll hear is crickets.......

Good work finding the quotes BTW
I was looking for the actual audio

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Fair guess?

Osama succumbed to kidney failure, Al-Qaeda withered away without his Oil Money and Bush cranked up the "propaganda-o-meter" to 9.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Interesting discussion points so far.

OBL is either dead or had nothing to do with 911 yet takes credit for them.

Israel had information about 911 prior to the first plane hitting.

CIA plants or fakes the OBL tapes.

Why would the CIA be planting the fake tapes if Israel was responsible for 911?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Its more than likely another bit of bait to get support to continue the war.

Bin Laden denied having any involvement since the early stages following the attack:
"I would like to assure the world that I did not plan the recent attacks, which seems to have been planned by people for personal reasons," bin Laden's statement said.

Bin Laden Denies involvement

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join