It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Dateline and UFO's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sunday NBC Dateline is investigating the UFO sightings. Lets hope they give this an objective view.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I agree as I don't like it when the views are more subjective than objective. Having had several experiences and sightings with ufos, I find it refreshing when a broadcast doesn't give the impression that it is a hallucination etc.

I find that people find it easier to deny something, before they accept it. Hopefully, with the upcoming broadcast it will shed more light on the subject and not blight those of us who have encountered the phenomenon.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is more......On Sunday, May 18, Dateline plans to count down "10 Close Encounters Caught on Tape."

If you think you've had your own close encounter, submit it here with any photos or videos, and you could be featured on Dateline or on msnbc.com.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi starwatcher1 and thanks for posting this info. because I'm not sure that I would have caught it, I will be looking forward to it. The subject sure is getting the attention of the MSM this week.

Rush

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They keep saying "it" dont they
, giving it some news-media attention and what not.....perhaps with the Vaticans new look/perspective on things, we are getting closer and a more serious approach is near...but I cant help but feel we're still being fed with the worlds smallest spoon. Time will tell.....

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I saw this page:

External Link

Which says:

Do you think you have seen a UFO?

On Sunday, May 18, Dateline plans to count down "10 Close Encounters Caught on Tape."

If you think you've had your own close encounter, submit it here with any photos or videos, and you could be featured on Dateline or on msnbc.com.

Videos and stories should be authentic and not staged. Material may appear on Dateline NBC's broadcast and/or Web site.

I just hope this isn't an opportunity for the public to get trashed by the skeptics.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll have to give it a look if I'm around a TV.

msnbc: Submit your UFO story here

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Can't believe there isn't more interest in this... just a bump to give people "heads up"

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwatcher1
Can't believe there isn't more interest in this... just a bump to give people "heads up"

There isn't anymore interest because we all know what 3 things will happen.

1. They will take a bunch of videos that have either been debunked here or somewhere else.
2. They will have some video expert show everyone how they were hoaxed.
3. They will all have a good laugh at our expense.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes lets hope they do a good job. I wish my Grandfather would have taken a picture of the UFO he saw hovering above him in 1971 near Berne NY when he was a cop on patrol. It made the Albany Times Union news paper. But Dateline is only excepting photos or videos.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
According to Phil Imbrogno, who is in this special, they do take the subject seriously. (Or seemed to when he was filming.)

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Click on this link:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

It's at the top of the page.

7pm EST this Sunday 5/18

If you have UFO photos or video footage submit it!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Would somebody be able to tell me what channel I can watch it on in Toronto, Ontario in Canada?

I only seem to catch the weekend morning UFO/Alien/Ghost "documentaries" on a Saturday morning on the History Channel.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
These NBC Dateline news reports are always disappointing. But at least it talks to the masses who are mostly unaware on most of the topics they cover. And the best thing they can do is make the masses say, "That sounds logical. Perhaps there is more than what the government is and is not saying."

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The person who wrote the article for MSNBC is James Oberg, NBC's space analyst also of CSICOP skeptical organization and consultant to Skeptical Magazine.

Now I'm a little worried.

Rush

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Lets just hope that this time, they dont include Jim McGaha - that guy trashes everything

spikeD

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
OMG nbc 10 most close encounters ......

read between the line's ............someone real soon is doing a remake or a sequel to the movie...close encounters of the third kind....

it's tv/media...to hype a new movie no doubt

watch and see if a movie don't pop up soon

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i hope they show some new footage or ones that are obviously unexplainable and not the outlandish fake saucers on strings they love to show to add strength to the "ufo's aren't real" social consciousness.
Right now in Mexico sightings are quite popular and the work to criticize witnesses and believers is on full throttle. looking up Mexico ufo's or ovni in you tube and many fakes come up and even song videos that defame and ridicule witnesses making it far to painful and embarrassing to come forward.
i wonder how our media will portray witnesses and believers on these shows.
seems to be becoming a very popular discussion in mainstream media lately. wonder if it has something more then the Vatican's speech and the uk file disclosures?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here is a piece of their terms.

Without affecting any of your ownership rights to the Submission, by submitting your Submission, you grant MSNBC an irrevocable royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to use, publish, alter or otherwise exploit your Submission and to sublicense such rights to a licensee at MSNBC’s discretion.

I will watch this anyways.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I sent in a description of my Grandfather's UFO close encounter from back in 1971. No photos or video, but heck I figured I might as well...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join