It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Dateline and UFO's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hasent there been a lot of really public sightings lately. I don't know maybe it is just my paranoid thinking but I look at that coupled with the natural disaters lately and cant help but get a little bit of a chill. Maybe somthing big is getting ready to or already going down.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Recently saw the very thought provoking doc "The Phoenix Lights". Very objective and intelligent views of what thousands of people saw in a 2 year span and not some funky flares the the military tried to convince people that they saw. Flares dropped from the air dissipate and don't block out miles of stars and skies or travel uniformly over air field in a horizontal fashion. People also reported that there was no gas trail like one the flares would leave behind. People should be more objective in there views of this world we live in.
D E F

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

Hi;
I do believe we are being prepared for an historical event. Everything seems to be coming together.
Hopefully, this will not be a "flash in the pan".
Wake up! We're not the only life form out in the universe.
Ronald

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I would like to think this is true. However are we really prepared? I am starting to wonder. I was watching the movie "Signs" last night. What if that were real? You just don't know how you would react.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

In the mean time listen to NY Skywatch if you like.

newyorkskywatch.com...

Skywatch Radio February 17, 2008 [42:15m]: Hide Player | Play in Popup | Download

Dear Skywatchers,

This week we talk with author William Lyne. He’s written several books including the recent Pentagon Aliens. This is one of the first books to cite Nikola Tesla’s research and science used in the technology that power flying saucers and other anti-gravity craft often seen in the sky. So, as skywatchers point their cameras upward to document the illegal aerosol operations they’re also documenting strange craft. . . triangles to spheres to discs. Our guest says there are no aliens, nearly all of the UFO craft witnessed each year are made by “ours” in the ours or theirs question. For many reasons these days, black budget technology is hovering above the homes of millions, so consistently some skywatchers can set their watch to the sightings and start taping.

Lyne says the public has been intentionally misled and dumbed-down since the early 1900s to associate aliens instead of human beings with exotic flying craft, often seen as motherships and scout UFOs. Fine, with aliens, such as greys and reptilians out of the equation maybe it will be easier to learn how to make one, or increase the chances to fly in one without a full cavity search.

We hear fantastic accounts as Lyne describes his close range sighting of a flying saucer in the Southwest. Again, we do not want to detract from the ongoing spraying by military cargo tankers across the planet. Our past guests such as Boyd Bushman and Scott Stevens have reminded skywatchers and activists that superpower military technology is 100 years ahead of what we all know of in the public sector.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Keep in mind the movie Signs is just that......A MOVIE

They had to make it suspenseful and dramatic for those who like that.

I really don't think we'd have anything to really worry about if the truth was disclosed. It would be a major change in our minds no doubt, but I think we could handle it. Especially if the media keeps covering the subject in a serious/open minded/factual way.

In the mean time I think we should continue contacting our government reps, contact the media and news channels and anyone in the military you know or can contact and tell them you want the UFO subject covered and figured out for the truth and the good of humanity. It's time we learn about a major part of history that we haven't be told about.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As far as Skywatch goes, I still have to ask the question "why do they fly these things over populated areas?"

As long as they're "secret" why don't they keep them away from the public? Makes little sense to me considering people see these UFOs and report details about how they look etc.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
As far as Skywatch goes, I still have to ask the question "why do they fly these things over populated areas?"

As long as they're "secret" why don't they keep them away from the public? Makes little sense to me considering people see these UFOs and report details about how they look etc.

What I have seen is high fliers.
So they are high up what harm can they do.

I guess they have to fly like the Navy pilots on carriers.
They fly every day or on some schedule.
They are treating the triangle plane or UFO the same way.
Perhaps they circumnavigate the globe.

Well, as with everything since WWII, every thing is kept quiet

If high static is chipping off the metal into molecules, then it chemical
compounds. Send in planes to cover.
See ever2020 on youtube , he has stuck UFOs sparking, leaving trails and
planes putting down trails after two UFOs got stuck in the sky.

[edit on 5/17/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 5/17/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

It wasn't neccessarily the Pope from my understanding, just the Vatican's head astronomer.
Does anybody really even know what the Pope has to say on this? I am Catholic so it does matter slightly to me but not to many others.
I'll have to see if I can get control of the tv so we aren't watching something else.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwatcher1
Sunday NBC Dateline is investigating the UFO sightings. Lets hope they give this an objective view.

Get ready or the most debunked things your going to hear.

They WILL put people on there saying it was military operations, weather balloon, testing of a new device, something pretty bogus.

And the American people are stupid (stupid is a harsh term, lets say close minded) enough to believe this and go on daily life and not question it.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I can't say I have much faith in Dateline NBC when it comes to sensitive issues such as ufo's.

I bet they'll bring up the Rendelsham(sp?) forest incident in the UK, and this skeptic will blame it on the friggin lighthouse. When that theory has been debunked over and over(the thing has a back plate, it's been there since the lighthouse was built so no light or reflective light can be seen from where those men were on land)this was most recently showed by UFO hunters this past week (or the one before), havent kept up, which reminds me, to check my tivo thing.

Anyhow, then again they may stay away from that one because the witnesses we US military. With the war and everything I doubt they'll touch any encounters that involve US military as witnesses. Which is a shame because there's also multiple accounts that were witness by dozens and dozens of navy personell on the USS Roosevelt I think it was? I may have the ship name wrong, but this ship was constantly involved with UFO/USO encounters. They won't touch that either.

It's amazing too because theres still plenty of living witnesses now at the age in life the are no longer scared to come forward, and they are telling thier stories. Military witness make for excellent proof, better than pics, or videos, like was said earlier, the guys on the one Battleship said they could even see being inside the windows of this cigar shaped UFO that passed along side them extremely close. Now to me, even though eye witness testimony has many flaws, when it's a group of military men and officers, it should be taken a bit more seriously.

Unfortunately, my hopes were dashed as soon as I read thier expert panelist is some memeber or head of a "Skeptic" Magazine? If they bring in an open minded guest to argue with this guy, I'll turnn it off, because you know the host will jump on the PC bandwagon, and the open-minded guest is gonna have his mic muted most of the time, and made to look like a jerk.

Why can't they just have one unbiased guest?

I mean UFO Hunters isn't the greatest show around, but mostly all the guys especially the scientific experts are very open minded and will call it as they see it. Sure the older guy thinks 90% of every supposed UFO picture is real off the bat, but even he knows when he's proven wrong and will admit it.

I'll try my hardest to give it a watch and make it through the whole thing, but after reading that little fine print on the liberties they are allowed to take with your film and evidence you send in....haha, I expect I'll be turning this off at the first commercial break. Plus if this guest is even half as closed minded as say.. micheal Shermer, I'll be tuning out even faster.

I'll hope for the best, but expect the worst. When all else fails.... I'll stick to the net and forums like these, and UFO Hunters for now.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

In the Skywatch MP3, one reason for flying over populated areas
was to make people sick.

Reduce Social Security payments.
A population control device.

They must keep quiet about secret planes or secret spraying, it
doesn't matter.

And how is it kept a secret. BLACKMAIL... like video taping sexual
indiscretion's to make sure you get kicked off the gravy train.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
While I'm not holding my breath for any great revelations, I've got my DVR set to record. That way I can FF through the commercials!

Wish it were longer than a one hour program. That doesn't allow for much time to discuss each encounter. About 48 minutes. Not exactly a huge amount of time for in-depth review.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Oh man, I can see it now...

Camera catches alien being slowly creeping into house....man emerges from behind a door....

Chris Hansen: "Hi, I'm Chris Hansen from MSNBC's To Catch A Predator, take a seat right there."

Alien: "uhhh...wha?"

Chris Hansen: "What are you doing here? Is that a probe in your hand?"

Alien: "I...uhh...I made a mistake....I'm sorry! Just let me leave!"

If there is a God, this WILL happen on live TV, lmao.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by metatronscube]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by metatronscube

LMAO

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
FYI - Texas state MUFON director Ken Cherry and his assistant (can't remember his name) will be on the NBC Dateline show tonight to talk about the Stephenville area sightings. Gosh I sure hope they release their final report soon. It's getting ridiculous...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just wondering how you heard this
I haven't seen any publicity on this in the least, has anyone else? I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be better than the History UFO Hunters...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Little off topic but can someone stear me to the correct thread about UFOs being shot down by us(military) accidentaly by use of EMP during the testing of the atomic bomb? Thanks

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This will be a one time deal type show on NBC Dateline and I bet they won't do another one for a long time (or if a UFO lands on the White House lawn). I don't have my expectations set too high just in case it stinks like most of the other UFO shows and news presentations...

I heard that Ken Cherry from MUFON will be part of the show tonight from someone on openmindsforum.com

I haven't confirmed it through any source at NBC but I trust the person who said it.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus
If photos and videos are the only things that these so called UFO crackpots has to offer, they might as well go back to imagining Et friends and humming the X-Files thme. "Toodoootoodooodoodooooooo....." Toodootodoododooooo."

Absolutely the most ignorant thing I have heard on this forum. I suggest you get off your high horse and actually do a little research on the subject before calling names.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join