It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ats points go down?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What causes your ats points to go down? If it is from comments that mods don't like, who makes those decisions?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Inactivity, bad things posted, being warned a lot. OOOOR

if you have enough BTS points and few ATS points and use the combined points choice when buying things it will lower your ATS to the negatives.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Is there a list or something that tells you how many points off for say, a cuss word, or whatever? And also, why would anyone care if points are lost ?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Its like giving a toy to the child who hits and screams while taking it from the one who says please and thank you.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
anytime, U2U me if you have any more questions

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Mods have the ability to take points for many different things. Off-topic posts, language issues, warnings, trolling issues, etc. It's always on YOUR shoulders how many points are earned or lost by your actions within the site.
Now, keep in mind, the Mods also have the ability to add points in the form of applause (500 Points!) when you post something extraordinary. Well thought out posts are usually recognized by stars or applause.

Hope I've helped. You can U2U me with any specific questions if you like.

Cuhail

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ok well thanks for the info. At least I know now I can't trade them in for a toaster or something.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well, maybe not a toaster, but, if you click the "Member Center" button up above and look in the "ATS Store" you can "buy" customizations to your mini-profile, more U2U storage and access to the "Really Above Top Secret" secret forum.
Take a look.

Cuhail

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Simply, you are under the control of them!. For the next hour, we will control all that you see and hear. we can control the volume, we can control the image, we can even control your points. Sit back while we control you like sheep going to slaughter.

Hahahahahahaaha.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well admittedly I haven't spent a whole lot of time in forums. I still don't really get the point thing, I mean "buying" more storage space is meaningless imo. But there must be people who consider points as some type of prestige. I never look at anyone's points and if I did, the number of points would not interest me. In fact, I might be more inclined to pay attention to a person with few points in comparison to their length of membership, I think their posts would probably be more interesting and not just your run of the mill predictable comments. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow I can buy things with my points? didn't know that! hey wheres my club card!!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Personally I couldn't give a dam about the points. I think I've been deducted 1500 in the last four months
who cares about the points, it's the opinions of the other members that interest me, not points.

I've even been insulted because of my low points tally
Quite amusing I think.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I noticed that you had one of your posts deleted for a violation of the TAC, which would account for some of your point loss.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2008/5/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yes, I found that out today too. It was because I accused someone's you-know-what of talking to their underwear.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Bumbeni]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You might want to rephrase that.

Repeated violations of the TAC can only lead to one thing.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If that is a violation then I don't know what to say. I have read the most hateful pointed comments on here of any forum I have ever been to. I thought my comment was innocent actually, was meant to lighten things up. If I were banned for simply explaining the comment, with it being directed to no one in this thread, then I can certainly learn to live with that.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Bumbeni]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Points are like dollars. They only have value because people believe that they do, and yes, you can buy stuff with them. They are fiat currency.

Originally posted by Bumbeni
In fact, I might be more inclined to pay attention to a person with few points in comparison to their length of membership, I think their posts would probably be more interesting and not just your run of the mill predictable comments.

I find the opposite to be true. Having some points lets regular members know you're not just a troll on a hit & run mission. And while there certainly are othe means of learning about the subject matter discussed here, having more points shows that you probably have a better grasp on material that has already been discussed to death here on ATS. Therefore the "run of the mill" comments can be avoided, and a the fruitful discussion can be gotten to right away, without having to explain things that have already been explained.

[edit on 5/16/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The best thing for you to do mate is to stop the name calling altogether. Even If you've been insulted first, it's best just to show them up by countering them with substance rather than insults. Sometimes it is easy to lose your temper and post knee jerk reactions, I've done the same, hence me losing quite a lot off points

I see you're minus 700
You'd better get posting mate

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
wow, really? inactivity?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join