It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Is Lassen Volcano shaking I can't find anything on this but I don't know the areas around there?

What I tried to do but have failed at is going to the all earthquake list for Ca. and Nev. and connecting the locations but I don't have a map with all the locations on it.

I don't know much about how things work with volcanoes but could there be a chance that a new Cauldera is being born, is this possible?

As I said I haven't a clue just throwing thoughts out.

We have been seeing in the news also about sink holes maybe instread of something blowing up maybe we will deal with something that will implode inward. I know stupid but I think backwards sometimes

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

We have been seeing in the news also about sink holes maybe instread of something blowing up maybe we will deal with something that will implode inward. I know stupid but I think backwards sometimes

I dont think it is stupid, if we remove enough water from the ground that leaves a void, and who knows how many voids are under us, and how many more will continue to be produced. you get a good enough shake and the foundation is weak you get the liquificaqtion effect, and you sink

scary, but not stupid

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, another failed mission to find the fabled Somersett rupture. We trudged and drove around for over 3 hours and never found a spot that fit the description. I'm pretty certain we were in the right area, a long valley between Mogul and Somersett just south of Verdi, so either the builder finally managed to conceal or camoflage this thing, or we still have some area to cover in our search. Our next search will be the July 3rd weekend when our witness will be in town and can take us there himself.

Observe50, I believe there were a few small EQ's last week just south of Mt. Lassen, near Chester, I think it was. What map do you need-- volcanoes of CA and NV, or a map of past EQ's? I put a link to a map of volcanoes in NV somewhere near the beginning of this thread. If I stil have it in my favorites, I'll e it to you.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Observe50, here is a pretty good map of volcanic areas in the Western U.S. I thought I'd go ahead and post it, for anyone else interested in your line of research. Map of potentially active volcanoes in western U.S.

volcanic areas of the western united states

Map of Nevada volcanic areas.

Nevada volcanic areas

[edit on 6/9/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What I was going to try was locate a map of the Cal./Nev. states and look on the map for the locations that the USGS list for the quakes in those two states. Unfortunately the maps I find only have the bigger areas not all the little areas where I can connect anything.

Maybe if we can connect the areas listed we can see which way this thing is going or make some kind of connection. I am at the point I am trying anything I can think of to try and connect anything.

Like today for instance so far I see 42 quakes listed for Cal./NV and they seem to be happening at 15 different locations.

11 of these are nornal day areas if you check previous days list and 4 are first timers I think. The 4 new locations are Carlin, NV. San Jacinto, Yorba Linda, Coachella Cal.

Most are happening everyday in
Verdi-Mogul--NV
Reno--NV

Cal.
Borrego Springs
The Geysers
Idyllwild
Redlands
Anza
Alamo (3.1) today
Mammoth Lakes
Obsidian Butte
Anderson Springs

As I look back on days the 9 Cal. listings are constant and the Verdi-Mogul and Reno are constant.

What I would like to know are these 9 locations close to one another like in the Lassen Volcanic area or the Mammoth Lake area of Cal.

What are the faults in said locations and could new fissures be opening?

On the all quake Cal./NV listings we can plot anything over a 3 in the last week to see if we can come up with something that connects.

Hey, I'm trying.

edit to add: I looked at your first map and lets take it to Long Valley Cauldera.

I wanted a map with all areas (like the 9 I listed) on it so I can see how close they are to one another.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by charking

Hi Charlotte, Did you see the quake in New Mexico and in Arizona? How they are parallel with each other at the same depth and almost the same size. The one in New Mexico is right north of Las Alamos nuclear lab and the one that disappeared in Wyoming is in a known nuclear missile base area and it was the same size as the other two.

Did you feel these three events were natural or not?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
2.8 Reno tremor

Just had another tremor at 5:18 p.m. My Siberian had been laying under the dining room table for the last hour.

edit to add: Upgraded to 3.1-- sounds more like it.

3.1 Reno

[edit on 6/9/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I see the 3.1 at 17:18:35 they must have upgraded it.

How bad did things shake, are you okay? I'm checking ufo activity because it usually picks up when things get hairy, to record things. If it is volcanic they will be sighted near said volcano. If you hear anything on TV about sightings out there let us know.

Hey, we gotta look at anything and everything! I think they have been around here lately Pa H you sense anything.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm gonna head to bed it's only 10 but I feel it might be a bad night. I am leaving my computer on which I never do so I can check in if I don't sleep well.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
[img=512x384]
Somersett Google Earth image[/url]

[img=512x384]
closer up image[/url]

[img=512x384]
Is that a "fissure"?[/url]

These Google Earth images were taken a couple years back around the same time my bf was working up in Somersett. The black area/gash in the landscape is exactly in the area he directed us to check, but we did not see this today. Any ideas what this is?

You can see the machine tracks, dozers and such, leading right up to the edge of this thing... perhaps when they were trying to fill it in.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Is that the Somersett "fissure" (photos in the above post)? And how did we miss that today? Could the builders possibly have covered something like that up?

If you'd like to Google Earth it yourself, so you can zoom in and out, enter the street name: Timaru Trail, Reno, NV. It's to the left (on the Google Earth page, of Timaru Trail. Zoom in.

That yellow vehicle in the image is a piece of heavy construction equipment, to give you an idea of the scale of this thing.

[edit on 6/10/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Can't believe I shut my computer down when I WAS GOING TO LEAVE IT RUNNING, IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET UP i HIT EVERYTHING WRONG.

Please excuse writing can't keep eyes open, vision thought I would write before I forget.

2a,m est. it is now where I am what I saw was 7 to 9 eruption close together in groups of two to three snow up in mountains in Beijing China.

Is there snow mountains in this location. ?????

Just a vision

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

In a way to me, it at first looked like it could of been a gaping crack, however, if you look at it more closely, it looks like a mound of dirt that the dozer has been digging at. Shadows can be deceiving at times. You can compare the area on Flash Earth with the other satellite images of that area on the upper left hand corner...Flash Earth is more up to date. (Just put the same name you provided to see the differences). You'll see it's gone through a lot of development.

By the way, those track marks look more like dirt that had been dropped from a truck onto the site.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by DearWife]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Forgot to add this...if you turn the image around in Google Earth it no longer looks like a crack. Also the dirt looks like after it was dumped, it had been baking or hardening in the sun for some time. Here's some screen shots:
TimaruTrail-1
TimaruTrail-2

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DearWife

Nice work on flipping the images.
Now it's much easier to get the perspective on it. Previously, I found the shadows a bit confusing. But with the image flipped it looks pretty clear that these were piles of dumped filling of some kind that have then been dozered.

For Kat: the images were still well worth posting. If we don't ..errm...dig a little then we'll miss a lot... Thanks for putting them up.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Good morning Good morning everyone ^.^

Hmmm, Sorry observer, i have not seen any activity here lately. . . Though i never do, i think im on there banned list hahaha....

Last night we had one of the most amazing thunderstorms around here. The lightning was magnificent, lit up the whole sky, the winds picked up slowly at first, then like hitting a brick wall, you felt the gusts pick up. So i drove around for about 30 mins looking up at the sky, hoping i would see something 'interesting' but to no luck.

I have some reading the catch up on, Ive been slacking :'( been spending to much time in the woods. . . Though i never feel that is a bad things lol

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I looked around to see what I could find about Beijing. I knew the Olympics where in China but it didn't click they were in Beijing hmmmmmmmm. I looked to see what Snow Covered Mountain/volcanoes where in that area that might effect Beijing but I don't understand it and if it is close enough. All I know is there is a lot of people that live there. 14 million I think.

As for what I saw I mentioned 7-9 eruptions I look back and can count at least 6. I saw white snow shooting straight up into the sky didn't see red 4 magma just hugh explosions from the top of the Mountain area.

I learned that Beijing was also know as Peking which I didn't know but I plainly heard Beijing.

I will let you know this was just a vision and I saw two men (not Chinese) doing math on paper really fast trying to figure something out????

I wouldn't put anything into this it is just a vision and probably wrong just thought we all have to post anything no matter how strange/ bad/ unusual.

I woke up at 2 a.m. with this and as I lay there awake I was thinking where is this going to happening and I plainly heard "Beijing."

[edit on 10-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thanks, dearwife. I'm going to download FlashEarth-- those are much better images.

Oh well, this thing is still as elusive as ever. Rather than go out searching for it again, I'll wait until the July 3rd week end and he can take us there himself.

Still have to check maps, etc. The dogs startled me awake a couple times but I went back to sleep, so I still don't know if there were any sizeable tremors last night.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It looks like China had another 5.0+, but a bit away from the great quake. They must be pretty nervous over there. They certainly have my sympathy. Other than that, the maps look like we had a fairly quiet night.

[edit on 6/10/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The phrase "The calm before the storm" comes to mind It seems lately we have all been waiting for another big on to hit. Yet it seems to have calmed down some for the past day or so. I hope it stays calm to be honest.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join