It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
[quote
Oh, I don't like that. I saw that one right after you posted about it earlier today. I think we are in for something big, Look at the quakes moving east.
They are hiding a pending disaster or they are making allot of underground bunkers for something. I think a huge quake is right around the corner. Everything is moving.

I agree with you, i feel like we are closing in on the "big" event.... I really hope i am wrong, but I just feel like we are within days of a major event!!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by kattraxx

Kat, I have no idea how I'd react if we had a major tremor.

Let me tell you, that you will immediatly go into survival or protection mode... you can plan all you want, but when one hits, the reaction is immediate... my wife and I instantly get to our daughter, who is 3 and already knows that when things start skaing, she jumps onto the couch and covers her head.... very smart, but very scary that a 3 yr old needs to know this...

You know, I'm wondering what that white dust is. That is to say, I'm really wondering. It rings a bell but I can't quite place it... This sounds almost like a volcanic dust fallout but if that were so, then it would likely be very widespread.

I read a story somewhere that the white dust was from a major sandstorm in china, and the prevailing winds delivered them to us... It made sense when the time table showed the storm, and the time it took to get to us.... Very very scary if in fact there is radiation leak in china.... we would have it blown here in less than 24 hours..... Im trying to find the article I read..

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I wanted to say that we are definitly rocking and rolling this weekend.....

Saturday morning, My daughter decided to wake up at 4, so we went into the living room and proceded to watch mary poppins for the next 3.5 hours, and sometime around 8 or 8:30, all of a sudden the hair on my neck, arms, and legs stood straight up, freaking me out, and my daughter felt it too, she held her arms out and said "daddy look", and then we got a decent shaker.... I have never once since this swarm started felt as ascared or freaked out, and NEVER had any hair stand up... It wasnt a big one, smaller than the 4 that hit overnight into sunday, and sunday mid-morning....
I am really really concerned, because I am feeling a constant vibration, since friday night, and feel really anxious, or uncertain, and I dont know why.... I have different precursors, but the ringing and back pain are dominant, and My gut is telling me to be prepared for something major.... within the next 2 days or less......

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm glad you are back damntheptb. You have to get your computer up and working being out of contact I don't like.

Last night I had a nighmare black baby spiders just appearing from nowhere on ceilings and walls, lots, lots, and then lots of them. Never had a dream with spiders I hope its not a warning to look out, get out if this happens, yucky it was.

Looks like smaller quakes so far today in your area. I'm gonna look around for volcanic activity and see what I can come up with.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

yeah, its good to be connected again, but to tell you the truth, I love "disconnecting" on weekends, and getting outdorrs, and being with nature and family.... But yeah, im getting ready to buy a laptop and get connected, so when i feel a shake, I can go online and see it.
reno quakes

little ones recently, but the fact that everything dies down, and then a couple little ones, then the 4 bigger than 3.0 in less than 20 hours.... All the nes can say is... the swarm has shown a little activity, and "nevada is the 3rd most active earthquake state", and my favorite..... after a 3.9, there is a slight chance a 4.9 will hit in the next 10 days...

They have regurgitated the same info that they told us after the 4.9..

I'm also concered that the danville and the geysers,area of cali, is being active lateley

Charolette King mentioned that these quakes are volcanic, and I think she is right.. nothing is leading me to beleive that this is anything but...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The more I am looking and reading I feel its all being caused by underwater volcanoes. The Quake in Iceland, I read that they discovered a underwater volcano they didn't know was there. hmmmmm

Same with off of Mexico, Oregon but that might be the Japan one, the Mid Indian Ridge and also the Alantic Ocean-Mid Atlantic Ridge. I think there is a lot about our own planet we don't know and that we are dealing with volcanos and connected volcanoes that we can't even comprehend that are located underwater.

Imagine if these all start popping at the same time and new fissures start opening. I know I need to take a chill pill.

With way things are going though I think we all need to think out loud!

[edit on 9-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm thinking out loud here.

With having experiences with the beings other then us let's say I have learned that things shown to you can be taken one way but learn in time that it/things can happen in different ways then you understood.

I have waited for a sign of disaster when three"+" volcanoes erupt at the "same time" now I was looking for volcanoes on land not underwater! Do you see where I am going with this.

As far as the Tsunami's on each Coast the Volcanoes underwater would have to go same time in same horrendous way for hugh Tsunami's.

Crap I am going down to Atlantic City this coming weekend to do a little gambling okay okay a lot of gambling. My family is going to Wildwood for a week the end of July, GULP.

I'm still hoping this all just goes away. I will be happy with this just being a release by these beings so what I wrote doesn't occur.

I don't like this one bit!

edit to add: I could read this all wrong at least I am hoping, I don't mind being wrong! Crap I just hoping this isn't the time for this!

[edit on 9-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I see we had the 2.3 after midnight-- the one that woke us up. The dogs wanted out and then I had a difficult time getting them to come in again.

I almost fired up the computer again before going back to bed, to mention the S. America precursor I'd just had, plus I read online about a stabbing spree in Japan, I believe, so I figured it would be Bolivia, Chile or Argentina. I haven't checked yet, but I think Char said there was an EQ in one of those places overnight. This stuff still amazes me.

I'm still getting the Reno precursors and I just spoke to a friend who mentioned a stomach ache. My local friends are all used to me quizzing them now about every little ache or pain. Last night, I also noticed while finishing that novel, the Oregon precursor, so much so that I had to put the book down.

Okay, an update on the quest to find the Somersett rupture in the ground. As I've said, my boyfriend worked there for three years and told me about this two years ago. The difficult part in finding it is that Somersett has been built up so much since then-- it's like an anthill over there-- a maze of roads and trails.

But, we got on the phone and Google Earth together last night and he gave me directions that, hopefully, will do the trick. So, my friend and I plan to check it out today, bringing along GPS and cameras, etc. JustMike suggested we take along a compass, just to see if it weirds out in the area and I'll see if my friend has one, because I don't. If anyone has any more ideas before we leave, post them please.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yesterday i was in one of those "Blah moods: nothing seemed to cheer me up. I just sensed an impending 'doom' so to say, it was an erriee feeling. I have been getting several of them lately, and it doesn't make my days any better. I think we are on to something with the underground volcano's'. I have always thought that the lava was 'migrating" somewhere, and that we would eventually be shown where it was, possibly to late. I still am having some interesting event in my life

Yesterday i went into the woods alone to do some sole searching, and trying to clear my head with the sounds of nature. Surprisingly the woods almost seemed dead, aside from the creeks and cracks from the trees talking to me. but the birds were silent, the bugs out normally to feast on my flesh were not bothering me. No chipmunks out. The lack of sound i heard reminded me of late October when the forests take there rest for the coming months. It was odd.

Last night around 3AM my dogs started freaking out barking. I had middle chest pains, right shoulder pains and lower abdomen pains almost all day. I had another event take place which kinda freaked me out a bit. Involving major earthquakes once again, its more detailed then this but. . .

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Okay H you can't hold back, look at the stuff I am writing.

We can't be picky on what or how people might take what we write, we have to put it out there and whatever happens...........happens.

I don't think you could write anything stranger then what I have.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
One of my dogs refused a bisquit, which almost never happens, and then vomited outside. Not a good sign. Nevertheless, we are leaving on our Somersett quest in half an hour.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
We can't be picky on what or how people might take what we write, we have to put it out there and whatever happens...........happens.

I don't think you could write anything stranger then what I have.

I agree, it doesnt matter to anyone but us what is posted, and strangeness is in the eye of the beholder.....

We have been lucky throught this post that we have not been heckled or had a lot of disbeleivers, which leads me to beleive that with all the views to this post, people are seriously considering what we are discussing, and THAT is what this experiment is about... thinking outside the box, and trying to develop answers we cannot get from "experts"

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hey Reno folks - glad you guys are doin ok, what with the ramp up of the larger quakes and the rumbling again.

Those yellowstone seismographs are scary. Some of them show activity where there was none before. The one that looks like little earthquakes remind me of the way MT St Helen's seismograph looked before the eruption. They called the 'lava movement quakes' a different word, I forget what it is, but they supposedly can tell by looking at the seismographs whether its magma movement or just a regular earthquake. i wish someone from the USGS would take a look at those and just let us know whats normal and whats not. This silence from them almos tmakes me more scared then anything else.

No signs for me except for massive blurry vision. I forget where thats for..I'm sure someone here can remind me..

Tela

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
One of my dogs refused a bisquit, which almost never happens, and then vomited outside. Not a good sign. Nevertheless, we are leaving on our Somersett quest in half an hour.

I hope you find it!!!!! I can't wait to hear what happens!

Tela

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Funny I had blurry vision in only my right eye this morning thought half of me didn't want to get up

Right knee pain this morning also, I know I'm old and aches and pains are expected so I'll post it because it isn't normal for me, pain didn't last long.

Everything seems calm at the moment.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
feeling out of sorts today, june 9, 2008

I was reading an email from Kattraxx, and my right ear just started ringing, very very loudly, for a few minutes, I couldnt hear anything cept the tone..... now it is there, but in the background... I think we will have a decent quake here in reno, or at least this part of nevada today or early tonight
its 10:52 am now,

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well this thread is all about experiments in methods of earthquake prediction, so it makes good sense that if we want to mention anything that is connected to seismic events, even just our thoughts or feelings about what might be (or might not, come to that), then it's good to do so. Errrm..in other words I agree with what's just been said by other posters.

My own thoughts and feelings are pretty wide-ranging, from the very practical and empirical stuff through to the more intuitive and even esoteric. So, as I see it, there are good reasons for looking at all sorts of possibilities...

There seems to be common agreement, both here and in several other places on ATS and elsewhere, that something big is coming up pretty soon. True, some I've read in other places are mainly looking towards 2012, and while that could be on the cards I feel that what we are picking up on is closer. A whole lot closer. The problem right now is trying to nail something down... The sort of "options" of major events that I can think of (off the top of my head) include --

-- the predicted quake and tsunami off the coast China this month. It's a prediction that's out there in the public domain so it must be mentioned, whether we consider it a likely event or not. And even so, we must consider that sooner or later, another very large quake -- 9.0 or more -- has to occur and as 70% of the planet is covered in water, there is a chance for a major tsunami;

-- some "activity" within Yellowstone, but maybe not the big one (that we most certainly would not wish to be around for anyway);

-- trouble related to the Nevada swarms and other "unexplained" swarms. (I place "unexplained" in quotes because they are unexplained to we, the people -- but whether researchers have info they are holding back or not -- we just don't know. We do know that USGS deletes quake data without any warning or explanation. (For example the two recent quakes in sth. Wyoming.)

-- the "big one" in California: experts agree that it has to happen sooner or later, and (they say and it makes sense) the longer the time until it happens, the worse it's likely to be;

-- a major seismic event if the stuck section of the Juan de Fuca plate lets go and the Cascadia fault makes a huge move. Result: big tsunami very likely and lots of secondary effects. This is also statistically about "due", but while it could happen today it could also be many, many years hence. My own feeling is that it will not be many years;

-- other volcanic activity, especially mega-eruptions/explosions, or new, major volcanoes forming either on land or beneath the sea;

-- other very large earthquake events in regions where no previous major activity has been known within recent, geologically-historic times. This could mean even within the last several hundred thousand to a few million years.

It's not a complete list by any means but it does help to crystallize the importance of what we are trying to achieve here. As the co-hosting OP's both live in a quake area, those of us who don't are also more aware of what it's like to live with seismic activity day-to-day. This is good for maintaining some perspective.

My own feelings at present? I am still very concerned with the big "quake lake dam" in China, because there have been further shocks very close to it, including one yesterday of around a mag. 5.0 and another today ditto. I've stated my opinion on what the authorities should be doing... I see no reason to either revise my prediction that this dam will fail if sufficient shock is put through it, or that the authorities will have serious problems if they do not act prudently and very soon.

Looking at other regions, the Colorado incident worries me because there is much more to it than just some "burning coal dust". For some reason it makes me think of the Parícutin Volcano. (If you don't know of it, this volcano was "born" in a Mexican field in 1943. You can read about it in this Wikipedia article)

Wyoming is troublesome because USGS has deleted two quakes that occurred there in the past week. One has to wonder why. They are not close to Yellowstone, but they were relatively close to the Flaming Gorge Dam.

What on earth (or beneath it) is happening in Nevada? All I can say is that the activity there is very strange and might portend something. I can't say what but I do feel that it's not something happening in total isolation.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm stymied by the silence of the USGS. I wish I knew someone who worked at CVO or any of the other volcano observatories. I'd call em up and ask em flat out what they think about the swarm in Reno.

It's the not knowing thats hard.

Tela

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
It's the not knowing thats hard.

Tela

iTS MORE THAN HARD, ITS FRUSTRATING..... sorry i had to vent... lol

I can deal with not knowing, if they admit it, but until these 4 over 3.0 this weekend hit, there was NO news on the swarm, and we have always known it hasnt stopped... we have had at least 1 evryday since the start. And when the "experts" come foward and say, yeah it looks like the swarm is picking up again, but we dont know why, or if it means a larger one is coming.
I know one is, i just want to get a better idea of when.

I wish someone would label these as volcanic..... instead of saying they cant be because they are shallow enough, but too powerful to be volcanic......maybe just more powerful than volcanic quakes have been recorded as being??

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Great thread.I hope it keeps growing._javascript:icon('
')
I hope you are all wrong and stay safe but there does seem like somethings coming and is going to be big.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join