It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican: It's OK for Catholics to Believe in Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Vatican: It's OK for Catholics to Believe in Aliens

www.foxnews.com

The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, says that the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I find this quite interesting. Could this mean that is one step forward to make people not to be afraid if some type of disclosure happens specially if starts from religion itself

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulite

Lol even the Vatican are acknowledging the simple fact that god may just be what they've always preached...... Unidentified to us, able to Fly through the heavens, while still being something that resembles an Object.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And the previous Vatican news: (some days earlier)
- Vatican newspaper: God made pre-humans (Apes) into people
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is going on with the Vatican news ?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The worlds gone crazy!

The Pope believes in Aliens.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well that's good. Someday they will admit to evolution as well.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First of all its Fox News...........

Secondly, why wouldn't they? If God created the Universe then he created the aliens as well. I think they are just trying to reach more people (believers in aliens etc) to their dogma.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
Well that's good. Someday they will admit to evolution as well.

Someday was just some days ago.
- Vatican newspaper: God made pre-humans into people

www.catholicnews.com...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'd say this is bad news for all humanity because I trust the Vatican about as far as I could throw St. Peter's Basillica. If you're afraid of a grand deception regarding aliens and their true origins, this is proof that it's going to be spun for mass consumption and mass deception.

This would lead me to believe that what is being passed off as aliens from outer space may very well be demonic/extra-dimensional in nature. Watch yourself!

Peace

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wow this coming from a religion that said the sun revolved around the earth...its about time they wake up and smell the roses.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
this has been the catholics churches position on ET for years.

"if aliens exist god created them too." is their standard line. The vatican has many scholars who study science. They also fully accept the thoery of evolution but their take is God gave man a soul somehwere down the line.

they learned from their mistakes

[edit on 13-5-2008 by yeti101]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Let me clarify what I said, I believe that there's life outside our planet without a doubt. I'm questioning the origin of what we refer to as "greys".

Peace

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Seriously Dr Love do you think there demonic/evil.

Is it just a hunch or what?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by carslake
Seriously Dr Love do you think there demonic/evil.

Personally, yes, I believe them to be demonic in nature.

Peace

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
goi like this the vatican is finally putting science and religion together. i think that the vatican has a lot of political power so if they keep this up we could have disclosure. I like the things they are admitting.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

My my, it looks as if the christian religion is finally getting it's act together and moving with the times.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Intergalactic Problem
Season 6Red Hot Catholic Love
Source link to this....

I for one dont trust the Vatican. And if they are telling this to their sheep. Then there must be some masterful reason behind this.

They are herding the sheep up, and getting them ready for when it does happen.

The vatican has known about life elsewhere for a long long time!
And IMO the Vatican is at the bottom of the dirt and turmoil in this world.

You want to talk conspiracy? The Vatican is at the root of almost everything I research. They are Organized Crime at the top levels.

I make no apology in my statements either.. I hope some day we as people can wake up and see who the real evil is..
Look people, most of you are good folks.. When are you going to wake up to the evil that you serve?

I have to wonder.. Are these aliens Christians too? Are they going to fly down on their holy of holy space ships and start handing out intergalatic bibles?
I will be the first to spit on the ground before their feet, and tell them to tell their dark lord, some of us already are onto your tricks and games.

The Real God will save me in the end, and thats all I need to know in my heart!

[edit on 13-5-2008 by zysin5]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well maybe this is just a step in getting us used to the idea. After all the media has been doing this for years talking about aliens living among and out in space

-Alf
-Mork and Mindy
-3rd Rock from the sun
-Starman
-V
-Independence Day
-MIB 1&2

just to name a few.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I remember reading some CT on aliens and the NWO and now these three articles caught my eye so im putting them together and this is what I have concluded.

A lot of people believe that by 2012 something major will happen. I've read some theories stating that our current religions will either become obsolete or be reinforced through re-disvoveries of relics and ancient sites. Some believe that these new discoveries will be hoax's from our gov or NWO in order to confrim the masses belief in a god. (After all religion is one of the most powerful tools when it comes to a dictatorship).

Well we've been reading about german scientists discovering the ark and queen of sheba, and this came out a couple days before the Vatican announcement.

Now other theories go on to state that the gov will use bluebeam or whatever to project the invasion of aliens or coming back of jesus. Well with the Vatican aknowledging possible alien life wouldn't that make it easier for its followers to cope with a possible encounter with aliens? Sorry if my rants a little confusing my brain works differently then most. I just thoguht its interesting that CNN has links to all these articles in one spot on the same day, it ties some of the conspiracy theories all together.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Belief in God and trust in the Vatican are not mutually exclusive in my book. The Vatican's grip on humanity is not to be trusted.

That wasn't a crack on Catholics, so don't make it out to be.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join