It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says He Has ‘Now Been In 57 States‘

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Originally posted by bigbert81

I don't think I've ever heard anything as ridiculous and just plain stupid as 'he made a slip of the tongue, so that means he's going to make a huge slip-up in office'. Use some logic.

[edit on 5/11/2008 by bigbert81]

Logic would stand to reason, that you are not Obama, therefore you don't know for sure it was just a slip of the tongue.

I think it's pretty ridiculous and stupid for you to assume so.

Umm... using that exact same logic, it would be ridiculous for you to assume it wasn't..

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

well giving a lethal dose of a drug instead of a small one is quite different then accidentaly saying the number of states. and i expect that they would correct their mistakes but this being the first ive heard of it i dont honsetly know the whole thing, and about anything is better than bush.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I am now more convinced than ever that you are just trolling.

Get out of ATS, troll!

PEOPLE, DON'T FEED THIS TROLL!!!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Perhaps. Just PERHAPS...a man that is running for the highest office in the most powerful country in the world has to travel to campaign, to stump, to do interviews, to consult with staff, to do research, hear from reporters, delegates, super delegates, aides; and probably is doing SOMETHING work related for more than 100 hours each week...PERHAPS this man made a simple mistake related to fatigue. Maybe.
Or he's just some dumb black poser, you decide.

link   

Don't you expect people who should be running the government to be above this type of slip up?

To be "above this type of slip up" would mean he isn't human. Do we want to elect robots, lizards, and or other non-humans into the Government?

So to answer: no I don't expect that.

link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

You are being ridiculous.

Either that, or you are just trolling.

I'm neither. I'm being perfectly serious. I don't agree with you, but you have managed to "critique" me and are accusing me of trolling.

I don't believe a man who can make such a mistake is a good candidate for President. That is my opinion.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Saying personal insults and attacks against posters for believing otherwise takes your stance above opinion,

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I guess it would depend on what he majored in at Harvard. Quite possibly his studies had nothing to do with geography. Use your head!

It's already been said more then once in this thread what he studied. Interesting that you can make such bold and absolute statements against a candidate and not know even basic stuff about their education

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

To be "above this type of slip up" would mean he isn't human. Do we want to elect robots, lizards, and or other non-humans into the Government?

So to answer: no I don't expect that.

Actually, I do believe we need someone else. If it happens to be a lizard, or a robot, or a non-human that could make a better President, and those were the only choices, then so be it!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Umm... using that exact same logic, it would be ridiculous for you to assume it wasn't..

My point is, that he made a slip up. Now whether or not it was just a slip up, or he really doesn't know how many states there are doesn't matter in regards to assuming either way.

I don't believe he will make a good President for making the slip up, or for not knowing the correct number of states.

In other words, in my opinion, the slip up is just as bad as not knowing, so either way, one is just as bad as the other.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

In other words, in my opinion, the slip up is just as bad as not knowing, so either way, one is just as bad as the other.

Good point. This one is easy to read between the lines and just supports intelligent claims about Obama's character and how he isn't right for the US.

It appears most of ATS is aware of this (as many intelligent people post here), but much of the mainstream US has different unresearched views of Obama.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Actually, I do believe we need someone else. If it happens to be a lizard, or a robot, or a non-human that could make a better President, and those were the only choices, then so be it!

That's fine. I am not voting Obama either, so I agree with that. But you're not even applying the things you are telling members here, to yourself.. It seems like you're not trying to have an intellectual debate, rather just say anti-Obama stuff for the sake of saying anti-Obama stuff.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Just as bad? Are you serious? Him accidentally saying it (slip-up) is just as bad as him actually not knowing how many states makes up the USA?? He is Harvard graduated, running for President of the USA, and him not knowing how many states there are is just as bad as making a verbal mistake?

You are saying it was a mistake yourself... so you're suggesting that mistake is indicative of what exactly?...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Harvard graduate doesn't mean much. It just means your family has lots and lots of money. Afterall, George W. got in Yale which is similar. He called the "Internet", "The Internets" more than once, so it wasn't a slip.

Bottom line, you should know there are 50 states. To say 57 is ludicrous. You should know this in your sleep.

I bet if you were to say you'll get 65 virgins in Heaven if you die for Allah, Obama would be just as upset as we are.

He wants to President of the USA, won't wear a Flag Pin, Won't honor the Flag and doesn't know the number of states (I'm sure he does now though).

Not good.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Let's see ~counts on His fingers~

...48...49...50...Puerto Rico is 51 ~scribbles furiously on notepaper~

...Fallujah is 51 ~scribbles furiously on notepaper~

...Bagdad is 52 ~scribbles furiously on notepaper, pencil breaks~

Darn it...

Is Obama related to Dan Quayle by chance? Someone pass the baked potatoe. ~smirks~

[edit on 11-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
He called the "Internet", "The Internets" more than once, so it wasn't a slip.

Which is actually more accurate of a term seems as how the internet is a collection of inter networks

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Thanks to Obama, the US has some new-found Patrioism revealed by a new Lapel Pin. See the new pin below, it has 57 stars.

New Lapel Pin

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I bet if you were to say you'll get 65 virgins in Heaven if you die for Allah, Obama would be just as upset as we are.

Um... what?

Obama attends a Christian Church. Is that just racist rhetoric? I want to be able to take you seriously here...

Won't honor the Flag

Can you link an ATS thread on that? If you have one readily available I mean.

and doesn't know the number of states (I'm sure he does now though).

In my educated opinion it was a mistake, and he does know how many states there are.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well, you don't sound too educated to me Lucid. Do some searching or something. It has been posted all over, Obama not honoring the Flag etc.

Obama going to a Christian church
I suppose being a Christian in a country that is mostly Christian (or built on Christian prinicpals) would necessitate an image that would require attending a Christian church, in order to become President.

I guess Michelle got hiim to switch over to Christianity, though he still studies Islam. Give me a break.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Well, you don't sound too educated to me Lucid. Do some searching or something. It has been posted all over, Obama not honoring the Flag etc.

Thanks for the personal attacks.

I was just wondering if you had a thread handy, because I was curious to see it. I wasn't saying you were making it up. But whatever.

BTW. That would make me uneducated on the particular issue. Saying I am uneducated is an unjustified insult. Thanks for the respect.

Obama going to a Christian church
I suppose being a Christian in a country that is mostly Christian (or built on Christian prinicpals) would necessitate an image that would require attending a Christian church, in order to become President.

So you're saying he doesn't attend a Christian Church?

And whether you want to accept this or not. Most Christians, according to Pauline doctrine, have to attend a Church in order to be Christians. I am not saying all do, but the general acceptance amongst orthodox Christians in the States is that you should attend a Christian Church. Otherwise... you skate to close to Deism.

But yeah... that is a necessary image for most... since most are Christians. That is well known. I find that sad, but I am not in denial that it is so.

Anyways... racist rhetoric. You avoided that point. Senseless Obama bashing it seems.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join