It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says He Has ‘Now Been In 57 States‘

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
He is including territories, like Guam and Puerto Rico.

How many US territories are there?
In: US States and Cities

Answer
Under U.S. Jurisdiction (14)

* American Samoa
* Baker Island
* Guam
* Howland Island
* Jarvis Island
* Johnston Atoll
* Kingman Reef
* Midway Islands
* Navassa Island
* Northern Mariana Islands
* Palmyra Atoll
* Puerto Rico
* Virgin Islands
* Wake Island

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double_Nought_Spy
How many speeches does a Presidential candidate make in a given day?

A lot!
And since all the speeches use practically the same verbage, who would think he would get it correct because repetition usually makes you remember things.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What if he's including every country that will be swallowed up in the NAU? What if central american countries other than Mexico that will be swallowed up to??

Just a little tinfoil thinking here

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Not good. Unimpressed. Saddened. Bullwinkle sound better and better. Just dodged rpg in cleveland. Dang that was scarey. Not more so than these elections. Ah, Guam, PR, etc. Now that makes sense. Scared me for a minute.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
slip-up??? 57 states? you'd have to be brain-dead or anti-American. Afterall, you ignore what you don't like and Obama has ignored the states.

I guess money can buy you and education, but not an IQ. George W. proved that, and now Obama sure is too.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I know double nought. But geez Louise, what the heck!? 57 states? I'm at a veritable loss for words!. Doesn't happen often. Very confused.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Cyberian, he is not including territories .. he said "Every corner of the US", which means one continental land mass.

Though you'd at least catch that one, unless you are pro-Obama.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Something like that ... such a simple statement is automatic to those native in the US (that were born and raised and at least finished high school).

Unreal.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I am undetermined about Obama, however I am anti Clinton and anti McCain. I would vote for the devil himself to stop them.

Which may just be Obama, then again, he might be real.

I do know the media wants him out. So that's good enough for me to take a chance.

Unless he shows himself to be a homicidal megalomaniac as the other candidates have, I will vote for him.

I am hoping he will ask Ron Paul to be the VP!

One thing is sure, no black man in the US will have an excuse to not be mainstream and aculturate as every other race does in a single generation.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I hear ya, but Obama just has some real serious character flaws and he hasn't even been in public office more than 3 years.

The media is supporting him by and large, especially MSNBC.

He'd never ask Ron Paul to be VP, it would be an idiot like Al Sharpton before anyone with half-a-brain would be considered for a position like that in his cabinet.

Truth is, we have no good choices.

Obama is for China appeasement and this is not good at all, even after everything that's happened with China relative to the trade imbalance, contaminations, hacking etc.

Obama has no business being President of the US and never did.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Unless I am mistaken, we have been agressing against China. And China has been painted in a highly negative light.

Perhaps you have been conditioned to perceive them as a threat!

Perhaps we all have been conditioned to perceive everyone our nation agresses against as a threat!

Perhaps we are the threat.

Perhaps we the U.S.A which is no longer the United States of America,
since the states are now subjugated to the Fed; embody all the negative properties once associated with the U.S.S.R.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

So, I guess you just dismiss the 8 years in the Illinois state senate?

Also, whereas I will admit MSNBC is the LESS severe of the bunch, they covered Wright just as much as any other news network, AND they talk about Hillary being a fighter too.

And I know this because MSNBC is my network of choice, especially when Olbermann is on.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
He also wants to “talk not just to our friends, but to our enemies, like Roosevelt did, and Kennedy did, and Truman did.” Just goes to show how great our education system is.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

erhaps you have been conditioned to perceive them as a threat!

Duh! Yeah!!

I guess you've been conditioned, Cyberian, to be somehow clueless??

You must not live in the US. If you do, leave.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
8 years in Senate Bigbert? Try 3.

You really are a glutton for punishment.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Illinois senate.

8 years in the Illinois state Senate, 3 in the U.S. Senate.

And here I'd thought you'd done your homework.

(Actually, I knew you hadn't)

[edit on 5/10/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It seems to me that he meant to say 47 states. It slides right in. Under the pressure of all the cams and various eyes and countless news programs ripping his words apart and overanalyzing everything, i'm surprised he (and the other candidates) haven't messed up more often.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Screamo, you should know this in your sleep, Just like the ABCs.

I guess Obama could recite the Koran in his sleep but not the correct number of states.

Give me a break. Unbelievable.

If it slipped right in (and he meant 47), then it would be only 49 states and still not the right number.

Get a clue.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Originally posted by Tguntony
Hey I am no fan of Mr. Obama but im sure what he meant was 47 states because 50 minus Alaska and Hawaii equals 48 minus the one more he has to go.
[edit on 10-5-2008 by Tguntony]

Hey, screamo, you and Tguntony seem to have gotten it right! Thanks for helping to Deny Ignorance!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i didnt read every post but maybe he is counting the other regions im not sure which they are that get to vote? i think costa rica is one of them. so please correct me if im wrong i will humbly admit it

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Wtfisthat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join