It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The antivirus software conspiracy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The government doesnt need an antivirus software to get into your computer. Its already installed. I found a file in windows (i checked 98, 98se, xp home, and xp pro.) And there is some pretty suspitious code.

Let me find the filename, .....

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chiS2000

Me neither. Ive never had a single virus-problem since Im using computers (late 80s).

Which is why the billion-dollar-panic-industry seems even more strange to me.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I agree and have had similar thoughts in the past. The idea that there is no conspiracy(or what I like to call "Market White Wash") is ridiculous. If the government can create a false flag attack and get us into war, then a software company can come up with it's own viruses to boost sales. It's not clean business, but I'm sure as hell that it works.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's rather amusing to me when people ask me which anti-virus software to use... And most of the time I can't tell them which one to use, cause every time I install an anti-virus software on my computer(s) I get viruses...

But if I don't ever install it, I never get them.

So, naturally, I tell them, I don't use anti-virus software and then they look at me like as if I'm stupid or something.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Funny that this topic would come up today. I just picked up a virus called "virus heat" , the only way to remove it that I have found is with a program called spy hunter. The free version of spy hunter only detects the virus. I have pay 29.95 to register it to rid my myself of it.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnobody

Lies. Don't listen to that.

How do you know you have the virus if that's the only one that can detect it?

I need more info on this.

Read this (you got suckered):

Virus Heat

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnobody
Funny that this topic would come up today. I just picked up a virus called "virus heat" , the only way to remove it that I have found is with a program called spy hunter. The free version of spy hunter only detects the virus. I have pay 29.95 to register it to rid my myself of it.

Peace
Trustnobody

Thats it right there...the conspiracy in full action (see sublimes post)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trust nobody

I used free anti-virus programs to determine if a computer was infected or not when I have issues. The computer in question is not mine but a co-workers.

After I did a "free" scan it came up with all these "ISSUES" which would tend to get a novice wound up and panicky.

After some careful checking on my own behind the scenes I find that those threats are non existent.

This goes for Anti-virus programs "AND" AD-ware programs that suposebly are to protect the computer.... Sorry.. I don't recall the programs I used.

Just saying.. don't just go based on what "they" say. Have someone else verify without programs to see if keys or files exist before giving out YOUR cash for nothing.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You know, I may agree with you about spyware companies making spyware to sell their product. I don't believe anti-virus companies do, but spyware... just maybe.

No problem man. I'll look around real fast.

It never hurts to do a clean format if you can, by the way.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Thanks Sub, I tried 3 methods of removing it manually last night it didn't work. I haven't panned out the 29.95 as of yet to get rid of the damn thing. I am hoping to find a free utililty somewhere in gods green internet to kill my bad case of virus heat.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

You know, I may agree with you about spyware companies making spyware to sell their product. I don't believe anti-virus companies do, but spyware... just maybe.

Despite your statements here, I dont think you disagree with the possibility of an AV-Conspiracy.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is the best I could find:

Bleeping Computer

I think they have all the steps needed to remove it.

reply to post by Skyfloating

I suppose it's possible. I don't put anything past big business these days. Anything to make that extra buck.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Also, by the way, this is a trojan horse program - I wasn't aware of that. I recommend a clean format, unless you really trust that the job will get done.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
AV industry is like everything else were told we need to protect ourselves from. Thank God we have HomeLand security Anti-Virus to protect us from the evil viruses running loose in the wild of America and parts of the world.

Any one get zapped by those internet pop ups that shake and tell you there is a virus infection found in your PC. Download super zap right now for a free AV software program. Than you really do get infected and your world goes BAM! along with your PC.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thanks Sub, I will try it when I get home tonight. Anything is worth a try. Hopefully I won't have to format it. I think have the trojan part quarentined with the aol spy zapper.

I am proof that this topic valid!!

Thanks
Trustnobody

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by trustnobody

Peace
Trustnobody

Thats it right there...the conspiracy in full action (see sublimes post)
Thats actually the russian malware end.

I've seen many varients and they are an HONEST pain to remove.
Spy* (Types like Spyaxe, they all use the same core just renamed or re-skined) and whatnot.

Basically, it hooks into your system and loads a bunch of malware and viruses into your system.
Then you get a pop up saying if you want this stuff removed pay for our software.

From my experience I've removed this suite of Malware many times in my past.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Xabora]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hey, if you need to, buy a flash drive or two on your way home and back up whatever you need.

Usually that's not too much. Hopefully you still have all of the software that came with your computer (or that you purchased). That's really the only thing you need to be concerned about when formatting.

Formatting is very healthy for your computer:

How Often Should I Format?

*Edit:

How Often People Format Poll

27 out of 32 do it at least every 2 years.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I have so much stuff saved on my computer I would have take a week off from work, just to back it up. I can't believe I was stupid enough to end up with this virus. Hopefully your fix will work.

Thanks again,
Trustnobody

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Avoiding viruses and malware without paying

Step 1:

Format your hard drive. If you have not been protecting yourself and staying updated, your computer is probably already infected. Manual removal is possible, but usually tedious and risky.

Step 2:

Reinstall Windows. Immediately go to Windows Update and get all of the security updates. That includes SP2 and more.

If you don't have SP2, there are worms floating around that will cause MS messenger pop ups that say your computer is infected (leading you right back down the same path).

Step 3:

Do you have high speed? If so, check your ISPs website. I guarantee they have outsourced a job to a major anti-virus company. That means you'll get free anti-virus, firewall, and spyware protection from a major vendor without paying (hey, you're already paying for it in your cable/dsl bill, why not use it?).

Step 4:

Download IE7 or Firefox. Both of these have adjusted settings so that you will not be infected by simple activeX scripts. That's important.

With just those four simple steps, I never get viruses or malware. I download like a fiend.

Other than that you just need to use your head. You can go on just about any site, but watch the files that you may be prompted to download.

Don't download a 235kb song (it's probably not a song). Don't download video game cracks (or software cracks). Many of those come with viruses neatly attached.

Other than that, you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am glad there is not an ATS Virus where I need to pay 2000 points to get rid of it. I would be screwed. Lol

Peace
Trustnobody

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join