It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 291
<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Why can't I see any flags and replies on the "My ATS" page for the threads topics?

Because there aren't any, would be nice though, maybe that is coming as this is still a work in progress.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
OMG!!! OH NOEZ!!! OMG!!! OH NOEZ!!!

Why is chat down???? *goes into a massive panic attack!

OMG!!! OH NOEZ!!! OMG!!! OH NOEZ!!!

*** Nevermind, it's back now... All is well with the world...

edit on 20-9-2010 by JaxonRoberts because: because chat is back!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i have only used chat twice.

i have been banned from chat for well over a month now. I know some may be working on it, but I have been trying to gain access to chat for weeks now.

thanks,
et

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks skeptic..I'll let you know how it went,,

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Please get rid of The Event rollover ad.

It's incredibly annoying spending 1/5 of my time on this page zooming through the video everytime my mouse accidentally rolls over that dang thing.

Both of them, actually.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't know where else to put this and get an answer, so I will just put it here.

Who the hell are the Conspiracy Chicks and why are they all up in my world?

A better question, why is there no way to not receive PM's about them?

Their faces irritate me, and the fact that I am forced to look at them and receive PM's about what they have to say, which I have no interest in, irks me further.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The Event ad is gone which makes it much easier to navigate.

Thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

The Conspiracy Chicks are AshleyD and asala, Ashley and Julie respectfully. They were well known members long before they became mods, and they were legendary amongst ATSers long before they became Super Mods.

If you watch The Conspiracy Chicks episodes you will find they do segments of the most flagged, most posted in threads and summerize briefly what they are about and the highlights of the threads' contents that members find most informative. There are also interviews with members on their show concerning their threads and what is going on in their part of the world.

I happen to like their show because it informs me about the meat and potatos of the most interesting threads and what has been going on in them.

If you don't like them, don't watch them. If you want to know what is going on in what threads are busy and have a large amount of members posting in them, then watch them.

again, the discussion thread for their latest episode is here

If you have comments that are constructive please watch the show and comment in that thread about it. They are receptive to how to make the show better, and have proven they accept suggestions that they can accomidate, imo.

hope this helps,
ET

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
Who the hell are the Conspiracy Chicks and why are they all up in my world?

All up in YOUR world? Really? You must be giving us more credit for having the ability to influence matters well beyond the borders of this website.

A better question, why is there no way to not receive PM's about them?

There is none. Their videos are a production of ATS, and as such, will be promoted by ATS.

Their faces irritate me, and the fact that I am forced to look at them and receive PM's about what they have to say, which I have no interest in, irks me further.

Perhaps we should tailor this website to your needs, and your needs alone?

Or... a better idea, drop the bitterness act and life will generally be easier to manage.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I guess I must conform to whatever you say or I will be silenced.

As you command, my liege.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
a work in progress.

I like the sound of that

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
JUst a quick question to ATS...

Could we make the 'I'm a Friend Of" the same as the "My sharpest friends"
ie: listed as they are chosen..

The "I'm a Friend Of" list stays alphabetically listed and its easy to miss someone who just made you their friend..

Not a huge issue, but would be nice....

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hello there not sure if this has been posted already if so apologies and
to whoever posted it!

Anyway I was wondering if there might be a way of saving a draft of a thread somehow? I occasionally have problems where my browser tries to commit suicide and then I lose what I have been typing. This often results in me abandoning the topic.

Recently I have just been loading up notepad typing in there, then C&Ping into the thread box. Anyway I don't know how you would go about doing this, as it would obviously require a lot of memory.

I just thought I'd throw it out there! Love the site btw way, Cheers!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I tried to go back and edit a post posted on 9/23/2010 @ 08:37 AM and it told me I had exceeded my maximum of 4 hours for editing a post, but at most only 2 and 1/2 hours had gone past. I posted here in case anyone else is having this problem as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

The limit in practice seems to be two hours, so the set message is misleading.
If you edit immediately after posting, you get a message indicating how many minutes you have left,,e.g "118 minutes".

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thanks for that, I am at work and got busy with the work interruptions (how dare they interrupt my ATS time
) and didn’t realize till it was too late that I had made an error in my post.

Now I know I will have to track the time a bit better.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
I tried to go back and edit a post posted on 9/23/2010 @ 08:37 AM and it told me I had exceeded my maximum of 4 hours for editing a post, but at most only 2 and 1/2 hours had gone past. I posted here in case anyone else is having this problem as well.

I've come across that myself. Luckily it wasn't something too critical to the reply other than a typo. But when writing a large thread it would be upsetting.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ok question... I am trying to add a picture to the thread I made today and it's telling me I have passed my four hours for an edit. Is this new? If so I don't like it.
I thought you had 24hrs....Also it hasn't even been 4hrs. I posted my thread at 11:09am ET and it's only 1:58pm ET right now. That is not four hours....I don't want to add the pic to a new post in the thread but to the original post in my thread. It took me a while to get the picture but I have one and would like to add it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

anyone on here want to help with this one

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

From what was written just before your post it looks like the time limit now it's two hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join