It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Angers Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Clinton Angers Iran

news.bbc.co.uk

Tehran has complained to the UN about remarks made last week by Hillary Clinton on the circumstances under which the US might attack Iran.

The Democratic presidential hopeful said last week the US could "totally obliterate" Iran if it attacked Israel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I don't think anything Clinton has to say will 'deter' Iran from attacking Israel. Clinton even suggesting this will only make matters worse in the area. I somehow don't think that a US presidential candidates opinion will somehow resolve issues between Iran and Israel.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Iran won`t attack israel - just look at history - iran has allways been the one defending from aggression - even the us supported iraq invasion to start the iran-iraq war

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Who knows... as they say you can only poke a dog for so long before it bites back. I think that Iran has the potential to strike out against Isreal. The Mid-East is an unpredictable place at the best of times and I don't think that history will have much bearing if Iran is provoked for much longer.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You know AbsoluteLegend thats a problem people like you in pentagon # os so hard ,more in cia too .peoples like you creates illusion & creates fear .if i REMEMBER people like you creates atmosphere before Iraq war TELL ME WHERE ARE WMD. IF YOU CALL CAMEL # A W.M.D WELL THEN YOU FIND LOTS OF THEM IN IRAQ TOO.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AbsoluteLegend

try this : when iraq was using WMD`s against iran did they retaliate in kind ? or just use superior tactics to drive back the enemy?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Why in the world, would Iran launch an attack on Israel?
C'mon, im sick of hearing this like its gospel..

What makes you think IRan is going to be the aggressor?

What, because CNN, FOX and the Israeli media says so?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
First and foremost, never once did I say that Iran WILL attack Israel I merely suggested it as a possibility. As for 123Spaces how well do you know me exactly?? It seems you are quick to catergorise people given their beliefs and opinions, thus creating undue hysteria...perhaps you are more like the 'people' in the CIA and pentagon you so fondly speak of!
All I was suggesting is that current events don't neccasarily follow a pattern dictated by history.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The Israel Iran decimation is getting old and is nothing more than a propaganda tactic to gain support for a strike eventually by !!!!!Yes Israel!!!!!! and not the other way around against Iran with US support.

Clinton is trying to match McCain when it comes to dealing with the rest of the world, even if their words are empty and full of BS.

This about A woman showing that she can have as big or bigger cojones that her male counterparts.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well, at least what clinton says is true. What is Iran going to do? Lob missiles? If they have nukes then they're a threat. Any ground movement would be torn apart by U.S. and allied air superiority. How would any successful follow through after an initial attack be possible in the first place? It's true, they WOULD be obliterated... do I want war? No! But I can't argue with what she's saying here. Does it make anything better? Not really. Worse? Maybe... who knows, it's a toss up. I'm not in the leader's minds at this moment, are any of us?

top topics

join