It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Us Control Of What We Want ATS!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This is a prime example of posting copyrighted material on ATS without the express written permission of the creator. I'm sure that is the issue here.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Everyone should be responsible for what they have created and posted. I thought there was a reflection time so you still can EDIT the post. And you can even buy some credits to change the Title of your thread (never tried it though).

Be a responsible man or woman.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Without us the world wouldn't matter, now would it? What difference would it make if it was beautiful with nobody around to enjoy it?

Eeeehm, arent there animals to enjoy it? You are assuming that we are the only ones gifted with awareness.
Observation proves otherwise.
Humans are just so arrogant as to only relate to themselves.
That is why we are destroying nature and replacing it with human-built structures made of ground stone, metal, glass and sand.
We seem to want to have evidence of our importance to the planet.

Anyway, why the OP started this thread is beyond me, looks rather silly, actually. Its like trying to have the owner of the wall remove your grafitti.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dervishmadwhirler

Eeeehm, arent there animals to enjoy it? You are assuming that we are the only ones gifted with awareness.
Observation proves otherwise.

Who's observation? Do you think animals discuss how lovely a sunset was, how blue the sky, and do they remember if it rained yesterday? I am not assuming anything. I haven't had a conversation with an animal lately to really know if they are aware. Have you? Dr. Doolittle, is that you?

Humans are just so arrogant as to only relate to themselves.

Who are you to judge?

That is why we are destroying nature and replacing it with human-built structures made of ground stone, metal, glass and sand.
We seem to want to have evidence of our importance to the planet.

So, ground stone, metal, glass and sand don't occur in nature? We use what there is tweaking it a bit. So, you live in a tree, don't use electricity, or any other modern conveniences? Do you use modern transportation? Is it an accident that you are on the internet complaining about other people doing the same things you do? I love how people who point these sorts of things out are just as guilty as the rest of us!

Anyway, why the OP started this thread is beyond me, looks rather silly, actually. Its like trying to have the owner of the wall remove your grafitti.

Unless the person who did the grafitti is caught, usually it is the owner of the wall that has to remove it. The person who started this thread has apologized and admitted they were wrong. Do you feel a sense of accomplishment by pointing out that you find the thread "rather silly" after several pages?

People make mistakes all the time. Haven't you ever made one, or two or a thousand, perhaps?

Admitting when you make a mistake takes a lot of courage. I don't see any point in beating a dead horse!

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

I agree with much of your comment. Man has gone from co-existing and living in balance on the Earth to attempted control and dominance. In the long run I suspect the Earth will reject man's plan.

I am surprised how well the OP stood up to the flavor of these 'how it works' posts.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
While the OP was childish and was in effect throwing a tantrum, I think there is one issue which is rather strange.

Why does ATS not allow editing of posts beyond a certain timescale? I just noticed a grammatical error in a serious, thought out post I made ages ago and wanted to correct it but couldnt.

ATS will additionally not allow the deletion of posts, which is a problem when a member has double posted.

Could anyone offer an explanation for these policies please?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Without sounding redundant, I am sorry for my tantrum!!

I was fustrated in my path in what i wanted to accomplish. My hands were tied by ATS and I did wrong by turning to a negitive way to accomplish this task. I appologize.

I have no one to blame but myself for this, next time i should read all the fine print presented to me. No matter how boring. Also i should contact the creators of videos before i post, so there won't be hurt feelings by anyone.

I also appreciate all the members that feel they have to constantly put me down for my mistake that i have already taken notice too and apologized for. I will always look back at this thread for a lesson in why negitivity needs to be eliminated in my life. I wonder were i would have got if i had patience and took the high road of positivity?

Once again i know i was a childish, tempertantrum, attention seeking, negitive person, who should have found a better way to be constructive in my task. Have a good day all and i look forward to future discussions on this site.

Love and Light

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Originally posted by Spaxz
Thank you all for your posts, this is why I like this site and always come back. I don't shy away because someones post doesn't agree with my view or has offended me. With all these responses I have learnt something today and thank you all for your input. Everyday I learn something new and I like to keep it all that way. So to all that has posted thank you for advancing me further in my life.

Love and Light

That's good to hear.
Some lessons are learned the hard way; the main thing here is that you acknowledge learning how things work on ATS and vow to abide by the rules.

For the rest of us, the guy has acknowledged his mistake. Let's show him that we're a forgiving bunch here, and let him carry on without nailing him any further. Remember, we were all a newbie at one time.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I know this is a one liner, but thank you! Your post is very much appriecated

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Why on earth you wanna start a thread with out thinking of its out come? I will think twice before i start one thread; I will think of how others are gonna respond to it; its pointless to say you need to have control on your thread in an internet forum; no body asked you to start one; you started it and it is your baby; you must look after it. I am sorry if you felt i am being rude.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Spaxz

That's good to hear.
Some lessons are learned the hard way; the main thing here is that you acknowledge learning how things work on ATS and vow to abide by the rules.

For the rest of us, the guy has acknowledged his mistake. Let's show him that we're a forgiving bunch here, and let him carry on without nailing him any further. Remember, we were all a newbie at one time.

I am sorry I didn't read the whole thread before my last post; Jsobecky, I stand second to your post; Spaxz, I will look forward to read a lot from you. Have a good day

[edit on 4-5-2008 by Enceladus]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
One option that would be nice to have is the ability to tag your past posts or threads, signifying that you no longer support those statements.

There are many threads and posts I've made that support beliefs that I no longer stand behind, I don't want them deleted but it would be nice to be able to signify that I no longer support those beliefs.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by C0le]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good Morning Spaxz.

I'm happy to know you are not still wanting to be banned and that you will be with us as we discuss The worlds ills and frills.

I urge you to remain true to yourself. Post your convictions and try not to give a rats patootie whether is pleases the almighty long time members. There seems to be a clique in every group from man to the lower animals. Some here think they are so very clever and try to uplift themselves by putting down others. Would they do that to a long time member..I think not.

If I were a betting person I would bet you were an honest person of integrity. This I gleaned from all your posts. You seem to want to make things right and proper. That is a most admirable trait.

Overlook the oldies on this forum. Some of them have become so filled with themselves they can't see beyond their noses. You bring new blood and a thirst for knowledge.

Looking forward to seeing you in future discussions.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If the creator of the video in your other thread wants it gone, he/she has just to delete said video from his/her Youtube account, making the vid posted in your thread a dead link.

I would think a Pleiadian would be a little more tolerant of dissenting opinions, what with being a more advanced, loving species and all.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
While the OP was childish and was in effect throwing a tantrum, I think there is one issue which is rather strange.

Why does ATS not allow editing of posts beyond a certain timescale? I just noticed a grammatical error in a serious, thought out post I made ages ago and wanted to correct it but couldnt.

Because that way when someone comes in tomorrow and makes a post against yours, you don't go back and change it to show you didn't say what they claim you said. It keeps the continuity of the thread flowing. Otherwise we'd have people going back a week later changing things, and then saying "You guys are all wrong, I never said that!"

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wish the best Spanx.
We all make mistakes and it seems we all jump on others who make mistakes just to make ourselves feel worthy. The main thing is that you owned up to it and challenged it with passion. I apologize for anything I may have said to offend you. It's good to speak your mind and let all frustrations out and to learn from them. I wish you the best here at ATS and will see ya around to debate, to discuss and to search for the truth to all things.

Sincerely, Solarskye

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think its this thread that id want deleting, not your other one!.... i hadnt seen your other thread before you mentioned it, so you brought more attention to the thread you want deleting by creating this thread which not only put you in a bad light but also highlighted your unwanted thread? god im confusing myself now lol! poor you, hope its a lesson learnt well

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Enceladus

Haha, I think Enceladus would support the idea of being able to delete an unwanted response right about now!

Granted, it could pose problems in the future but any user who deletes their post in order to derail a conversation probably isnt someone who holds their convictions closely.

I think a better system would be the one which C0le mentioned- the ability to metaphorically "wash your hands" of a certain post.

And maybe a deletion function which can only be used in the following 2 minutes after you make the post- which would allow the deletion of double posts.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you dizziedame, and Solarskye for the very kind and uplifting posts!

This past week has definitaly been a doozy! I've learnt more about myself and others around me than i have in my entire life!

I wish nothing but happiness for the positive people here on ATS like dizziedame and Solarskye..and the list could go on, but i hope for the ones who have to put someone down for there beliefs and ideals will find peace in their heart and correct there ways for they now no better.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The 2 part video from the thread in question causing you cerebral trauma is not copyright noticed. It has an embed link so the author is allowing it to be used else where.

Are we good now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join