It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Us Control Of What We Want ATS!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierreletrek
You, I think can even send a U2U to skepticoverlord AKA Bill to confirm this or maybe you are one of the pretend members of ATS.

"AKA Bill" here... what's a pretend member?

Once again I maybe banned after this, but this is a site dedicated to finding out the truth and to me, we need to look upon our own door step as I think maybe we, as members, are adding to a massive conspiracy by posting nere.

In what way?

ATS the conspiracy site the conspired against its members.

Could you clarify... not sure what you're referring to.

Ah thats where your wrong! Any mod will have to uphold this one. He was banned and if he has been un-banned i'm sure he wont be coming back here after that treatment. Get your facts right please!

I was at the center of the incident that resulted in John Lear's posting ban (his account is still active). In order to avoid a public feud between two conspiracy masters, I post-banned both and attempted to work out the problem behind the scenes. John didn't handle that well, seeming to prefer a public board drama as opposed to resolving the issue. It still isn't resolve, so the post ban hasn't been lifted yet.

But it never ceases to amaze me how many times you moderators ban threads!

There are many reasons a thread might be closed or removed from public display. Do you have a specific example of one you'd like to discuss?

As for the original question in this thread... It seems to stem from the notion that the thread author created a thread based on a video he saw on YouTube. As it turns out, the author of the video disabled comments on the YouTube version and had thought we might do the same here. Unfortunately, we're more concerned with free expression and open discussion of issues, no matter how one might change their mind of the original issue. The follow-up discussion based on the video contains several valid points and is worthy of both preservation and continuation.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

As it turns out, the author of the video disabled comments on the YouTube version and had thought we might do the same here.

So in other words, the creator of the video is mad about any possible "negative" publicity, and would like to have control over free expression and interpretation of the piece?

I'll understand if you don't answer that.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Hello Spaxz

Off to work now now but would love a new thread on this so U2U me with your thoughts.

Be great to start a thread to get some members thinking and relieve us of some ATS clone head members.

I,m not even going to answer to the last few narrow minds. TRUTH and deny IGNORANCE!!!!!! Must be made up members LOL.

Peace and love to you!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hello Bill

Fact! JL was banned - post banned or not, he was banned. WE have since covered this in another on going thread so fair enough.

Pretend member! Come on mate and dont even go there. I could be a pretend member, someone to provoke things. I dont mean to upset but I get angry and ATS is a free opinion site so I should be able to say my piece. I know one or two brown nose types dont like my way thats tough. I dont have a belief yet I,m still learning.

Oh yes. If you can, and I think you can! Check my U2U stuff I had a thread ban on one of my threads and suddenly its not banned and, hey, hey presto its suddenly available to see again. Thats since my admitted rant ( allowed ) last night!

So! Tell me me that some body in your team of mods are not changing things.

I know i come accross as an a-hole angry person. I,m not. I just say out loud what I think, got a problem with that tough, horse!

Hope ive covered most of your questions

Pierre

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierreletrek
Pretend member! Come on mate and dont even go there.

No really... I don't know what you mean.

Check my U2U stuff

Despite oddball rumors to the contrary, no one on staff can read member U2U's. We only review select messages when we received complaints of T&C violations in a U2U... and even then, I need to manually query the database to do it, so it's a pain.

I had a thread ban on one of my threads and suddenly its not banned and, hey, hey presto its suddenly available to see again.

The thread was never "banned," it had been moved to the BelowTopSecret.com Rant Forum... but as is often the case, thread moves can be changed, and "upon further review," it did seem appropriate for the Conspiracies in Religion forum after all.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PleideanDestiny

That would be pretty cool. I bet those cointelpro guys make BANK compared to what I get for tutoring at a community college. But alas, not only do I not work for the CIA, but I'm pretty sure that they aren't going to send me that decoder ring I wrote in for either.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

I am certain Skeptic Overlard and all the Supermoderators will be all over your messages. If you were promoting hatred of say ISRAEL your post's would probably be deleted pretty quickly. If you were a DAVID DUKE supporting KKK robe wearing Aryan Nation rhetoric spouting fool..your post would probably meet the same fate after you were intellectually spanked. I have said it before and I'll keep saying it..this WEBSITE is a BLACK HOLE..it SWALLOWS all light and nothing of value escapes..its a super dense collapsar.. ABANDON ALL HOPE all YE WHO ENTER HERE.
The interviewing style of Rabbit and Cronies seems to slide all over the place from serious to just plain silly.. Granted our subject matter seems to mirror that..but as a whole I think the people here are looking for REAL answers and are serious about the subjects they are interested in.
This is not the hill that I am willing to die on....but I would certainly like to see a change in the tone of the site as a whole less irreverence , less interjection by moderators under the guise of civility..ALL CAPS give me a break..Thats my 3 cents worth..your mileage may vary.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edn

In any case ATS is one of the more open sites on the internet, a lot of the stuff posted here would just never be allowed on other sites.

is that a good or bad thing,,,,,,everytime i click on a hemp or cannabis thread,,,which i find interesting,,, the medicinal uses,,,,,100's of products hemp can make,, or the fake war and whole gov't hate of it-------i get the message------the thread you request can't be found

how can i deny ignorance when i'm being kept ignorant and in the dark on this subject matter

well, anyway sorry to rant ,, that's the worst tpart of ats for me,,,besides that "ATS ROCKS!!!"

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I for one would like to have an unlimited IGNORE option so that I can ignore all the people I want too without limitation. There are many topics I find interesting but then I have to read things from the chronic debunker types who always say the same thing, i.e. "it's a rock, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's photoshop, I could make that (but they never do), it's aunt betty, it's Patrick Duffy, et cetera ad infinitum. I just hate it.

I want to ignore all the debunkers I see so that I can read stuff without having to see the same debunker trash in every thread.

I've already used up the maximum Ignore options so please increase it to unlimited and I think everyone will be much happier and I won't ever get banned again for railroading stupid people.

thanks,
Euclid

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join