It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Us Control Of What We Want ATS!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

We used to have permanent edit ability. The problem was that some people couldn't use it maturely. If they were losing an argument, they'd go back and edit their earlier posts, so pretty soon the replies had almost nothing to do with eachother.

Also sometimes members would get upset and go around deleting every single post they ever made- just editing them down to nothing. That wasn't fair to ATS or to other members, because when we post we grant ATS the right to display our content. Threads that had posts edited out of them usually suffered. It's like only hearing one half of a phone conversation- you can really get confused, or flat out get the wrong idea.

I'm not sure if it actually works or if it just looks like it would work, but there does appear to be a way to keep the edit window open longer than the deadline. The thing is that would only be useful if you knew upfront that you were going to want to add or remove something from the thread in a few hours- I can't think of any legit reason most people would want that- and if there was an illegit reason, we'd probably catch it.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just a quick note on this...

The video in question 'was' on YouTube, and I would assume posted by the individual who created it - not the OP here on ATS. YouTube has the ability to disable the embed code (if they do not want it reposted) and the creator of this video simply did not do that - nor have they done it since.

OP, even if you know the individual who posted that that video... there is absolutely nothing to prevent, let's say me, from posting it to start a discussion here. They made their video public, you chose to post it to create conversation and ATS members then choose to participate in that conversation.

If anyone made any errors in judgement, it was the original creator of the video. If they don't like the discussion about their publically accessible video, then perhaps they themselves have second thoughts about uploading it to YouTube. And if they don't like it, they can easily remove it themselves (and killing the link on your original post). Or perhaps they don't want to hear the critiques of their videos (they 'have' disabled comments on their YouTube profile).

OP, if the creator of the video is asking you to remove the link to their video and the thread that has since generated conversation amongst ATS members... they made their theories, thoughts and speculations public. You have the absolute right to repost it if they provided that ability in their YouTube video.

Just a few thoughts...

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

What's wrong with the thread that you want it deleted?
If you don't like the comments made on that thread then stop replying to then and just let it sink, this is only making things worse for yourself.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spaxz
but if i chose that i don't want this thread to exist under my name i think i have that right. Give us back our control ATS.

If you write a book, an article, proclaim any thing.
It will remain.
You have every right to disclaim your statement, but it still remains.

No one on this board is held at gun point to participate, correct?
We can oppose to the manner in which this site is administered, in an intelligible manner or find our pastures else where.

I too, in my "green ATS youth" wished to have a post removed, but I do now understand the importance of my personal responsibility.

Give your self and others credit, we make mistakes.
Don't try to create a "hate" atmosphere, your post will not be removed, but you will and not have a chance to gain honor.
ATS is "different", thank God.
WIS

[edit on 4-5-2008 by WalkInSilence]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It would seem to me that most people here on ATS have a point! But also I think ATS has changed considerably in a short few months. Control IS an issue with one or two moderators (a little power ) mmmm.

This dont seem to be such an open forum anymore, I dont post very much and probably 30% has been banned but hey, no biggie to me. Incidentally what is the reason for banning John Lear???????? Did he get too close to the truth and hurt one or two CIA mods or am I barking up the wrong tree. Not hoping to offend I,m only asking a question! It seems ATS has a censorship going on. Are the rumours true about the "ATS/CIA" forum?

Would it be great if it were CIA and we members ran them out of it ha!

Peace and truth

Pierre

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierreletrek
Incidentally what is the reason for banning John Lear????????

He wasn't banned. There was a drama event involving several people, and some post bans, he disagreed with events as explained and left. He is still a member here however, and if you look him up you'll see that he is.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ah thats where your wrong! Any mod will have to uphold this one. He was banned and if he has been un-banned i'm sure he wont be coming back here after that treatment. Get your facts right please!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Take it your checking things out Zaphod58!

You, I think can even send a U2U to skepticoverlord AKA Bill to confirm this or maybe you are one of the pretend members of ATS.

Once again I maybe banned after this, but this is a site dedicated to finding out the truth and to me, we need to look upon our own door step as I think maybe we, as members, are adding to a massive conspiracy by posting nere.

So! I aint bothered about ATS points and I dont think thats our motivation but would someone like to take this further? ATS the conspiracy site the conspired against its members........maybe!

Hope I dont die in the night!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pierreletrek

It never ceases to amaze me that any topic critical of ATS, which are extremely numerous, eventually end up talking about John being banned, he isn't:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why does this happen? A conspiracy AGAINST ATS? Hmm.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Um ..do you normally derail threads with your own questions about matters completely unrelated to the original topic , or is this something new for you?
What the hell does John Lear have to do with the Original post and member in question?
No more than the price of tea in China.

To the OP, I'm glad you are staying, and have learned a valuable lesson.
The best part of ATS is the feedback you get from other members. whether positive or negative, we all learn something. Thereby, DENYING IGNORANCE.

GET IT?
AccessDenied

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks for your reply intrepid! But it never ceases to amaze me how many times you moderators ban threads! Check back. I posted a few that might be worthy of being banned, and hey bravo!

I also posted threads that mentioned titles which obviously offended! Of course I record my indulgences but yet, I feel something is not as it seems. Before I go on feel free to U2U me to discuss my next input!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

hello accessdenied

as to your question? Are you on this planet my friend! No dis-respect intended. Of course, look at the evidence. As I said look at the whole thing its not good.

OP great thread and i,m behind you. This site is losing the will,,,,,,what more can I say. I said John Lear got banned and i was told NO! mmmmmmmmmmmmm! Still waiting, were are you. even have the balls to say you were wrong.

Also Bill! Are you cool with this!!"!!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

He was POST BANNED. There is a HUGE difference between banned and post banned. Everyone involved was post banned, but he is not banned. There is a lovely thread that has all the gory details in it.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Thank you for being behind me, but i think you might be mistaken in where i stand.

There is that possiblity that this site is created by the powers to be or an underling of there's to monitor the thoughts of the truth seekers. The only thing that doesn't sit well with me is, the fact that i believed in Space Ships since i have witnessed one and had never heard of any other kind of conspiracy before that. Therefor without this site i would not be as enlightened with knowledge as i was before i stumbled upon this site, thanx to coast to coast am radio. From there i have informed so many people of the calamities of our world and the knowledge gain of this website creating more truth seekers. So in turn wouldn't there plan be back firing? What you say is an interesting thought best left for a new thread.

In this thread i used a negitive force to try and control a situation that i had no control over, due to my lack of understanding and knowledge of the fine print involved in this site. If you start a thread on that subject i would be glad to join the discussion just drop me aline about the thread. Thanx and Take Care

Love and Light

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

And your reply means what?
No actually, I'm on the freakin moon. I'm one of the night watch men for the Soul Collecting machine don't cha know.
I say again, what the hell does John Lear have to do with this thread?
NOTHING.
It has been discussed in great detail. Get over it.

Mods, my apologies for derailing by replying.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just a thought, but you think ATS is a front for the CIA and the like?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PleideanDestiny
Just a thought, but you think ATS is a front for the CIA and the like?

Just a response, and completely off topic again..

NO!

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Spaxz, On topic, unlike some others, I'm proud of you. It takes class to admit being wrong, and it takes even more to pick yourself up and move forward. You, my friend, are showing class.

We all make mistakes. Only fools wallow in it.

I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Don't fall down to their level AD. I have seen many of your posts and know that you are far too smart to partake in their ignorant ramblings.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

Don't fall down to their level AD. I have seen many of your posts and know that you are far too smart to partake in their ignorant ramblings.

Many thanks..
Sometimes it's fun to stoop down and pick up the garbage.
Gives me a wonderful clean feeling.
Yep, better duck outta here before I get my first red flag.

Enough said.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join