It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The numbers of folks in Blackwater are near inconsequential compared to the US military as a whole.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by orfannkyl

Were you trying to reply to someone in general? Blackwater is now, Xe.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
There's a video floating around somewhere, I can't find it anywhere, showing a SUV carrying Aegis Security personel (mercs) driving around the streets of Iraq. Just 4 guys in a suv.

They shoot everything that moves, including random Iraqi's going about their daily lives. that's what the entire video is, for about 20 minutes solid. them just driving around Iraq shooting at cars and people.

when the video leeked, no criminal action was taken against the company or the guys doing the shooting. these mercenaries really are above the law.

I can't believe there are so many of them in Iraq.

mercenary homepage

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KotovSyndrome

Is this the video you're referring to for Aegis?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I recently read this book and was resonably impressed by the quality of the research.

The Author did allude to others organisations and a subsidary group

"GREYSTONE" which are almost Special Forces of BLACKWATER and new revised corporate image.

Groups such as Aegis or Armorgroup (now part of G4S) and other represent a more palettable image for the public, but we all know the term MERCENARY.

MERC's have no loyalty other than to who pays them, and who pays the most gets the MERCS.

PMC's will never take off again, the unique circumstances of IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN combined with NEO-CON outward agenda and the desire to reduce Military Casualties.

You cannot Outsource a War, BLACKWATER will have to pay for its blatant crimes and the blame should fall squarely on the BUSH administration for allowing abuse of the IRAQI people by an Organisation that was to all intents and purposes Untouchable!

I have seen and met many of these Characters and they are not fit for military service and have been discharge due to age, Mental instability, unsuitability or simple because they are a liability to the Good order and discipline of a Cohesive Military Force.

MERCENARIES cannot be tolerated in a Democratic Society.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Just thought I would drop by and give this excellent thread a bump, it has been over a year since SKL made it but it contains a great wealth of highly detailed information. Here is an interesting bit of new information on "Xe" (Pronounced Zee), formally known as Blackwater.

Courtesy of wikipedia.org

Update on Blackwater

The security company in Iraq known as Blackwater has changed its name to Xe. Blackwater Xe has had a lot of bad publicity in the news over the past few years.

www.iraq-up-close-and-personal.com...

On April 1, 2009, the U.S. State Department announced that Triple Canopy, Inc. would replace Xe/Blackwater as the department's security contractor in Iraq.[171] The contract, for $977 million, was awarded on March 31, 2009, and took effect on May 7, 2009. The Iraqi government has speculated that Blackwater/Xe may still be able to profit from the deal because Triple Canopy may subcontract a portion of its Iraq contract to the Falcon Group, an Iraqi company rumored to have financial ties to Blackwater. A Blackwater spokeswoman, Anne Tyrell, denied that Blackwater had a relationship with Falcon Group.[172] In spite of the ban on Blackwater in Iraq, the State Department issued a task order for Blackwater to provide security for diplomats in Hillah, Najaf, and Karbalah until August 4, 2009.[173]

en.wikipedia.org...

Triple Canopy?

Triple Canopy is a private company that provides specialized security services. The company was incorporated in Chicago and currently has its headquarters in Herndon, Virginia. The company's website claims that it delivers "a broad range of security services including assessments, training, crisis management, protective, and support services."

Type: Private
Founded: 2003
Headquarters:Herndon, Virginia, United States
Industry: security & risk management consulting, private security, defense contracting
Products: security consulting, fixed site security, close protection, security vulnerability assessments, crisis management consulting, training
Revenue: unknown
Net income: unknown
Employees: 4,000+ (2009)

Board of Directors
Tom Katis, Co-Chairman
Matt Mann, Co-Chairman
Ignacio "Iggy" Balderas, Former CEO moved up to the Board
Matt Luckett, Director

Executive Team
Lee Van Arsdale (COL, US Army, ret), Chief Executive Officer
Kelvin Kai, Chief Operating Officer
Tom Magnani, Chief Financial Officer
Lexi Alexander, Senior Vice President, Business Development
Juliet Protas, Senior Vice President and General Counsel
Scott Wilson, Senior Vice President, Human Resources

Alumni
Greg Mulligan, former COO
James V. Kimsey, former Triple Canopy Board member, founder of AOL
Barrett H. Moore, founding CEO

In March, 2009, Triple Canopy was awarded an additional task order under the WPPS IDIQ valued at $977 million.

Triple Canopy is now an ISO 9001:2000-certified company.

en.wikipedia.org...

Why is this important?? Because this is the new "security team" in Iraq! Just thought I would drop by and update this thread, thanks again for the great thread SKL , already starred and flagged so can't do it again,lol.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LT mikey

Can you enlighten us to this statement of yours?

I have seen and met many of these Characters and they are not fit for military service and have been discharge due to age, Mental instability, unsuitability or simple because they are a liability to the Good order and discipline of a Cohesive Military Force.

In what context did you meet these men and women?

Yes, there are women as well.

What, you other ATS'ers thought Blackwater or any "private military corporation" was sexist, or perhaps I was because I've only just now brought that fact up here?

Well, do not assume what people know or what the facts are.

I never discussed it because they are in the minority within these organizations.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thanks so much jkrog08 for your awesome post.

People keep recommending for me to change the threads title, since they changed their name to Xe, but the thread to me, was about Blackwater.

In other words, I'm waiting for Xe to screw up, and then I will start the process all over again.

I am however considering doing a new thread with the new name.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I am however considering doing a new thread with the new name.

I look forward to it

I wouldn't worry about the thread title, let us just say it is "archived for history". If someone is serious enough to investigate they wil see the updates and be aware of the recent changes.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I have met them in certain Corners of the Gulf, Bahrain 5th Fleet HQ. Not in Iraq though.

Had an unfortunate flight sitting next to this guy who told what he did out there and i stayed quiet. I have never been so happy to get off the flight at Al Udied.

Don't really want to discuss this on an open forum, but believe me a Professional Military Officer we avoid them like the plague.

BLACKWATER/XE and all other PMC's recruit mainly from your High end Infantry/SF world.

So Marines, Rangers, Foreign Legion, Royal Marines, Paratroops that kind of crowd. With a mix of South Africans, aussies etc and such thrown in for good measure. These troops in the last Decade have seen unprecendented levels of OP TEMPO, the burn out rate of high calibre infantry combined with high wages of PMC's have sucked some life blood from the Military.
The Human body, soul, mind is not suited to prolonged and protracted combat it leads to problems, such as PTSD and deep routed psychological problems. Sociopathic tendancies on the battlefield tend to get you medal, but are not really encouraged as they undermine discipline and cohesiveness. Most personel with clear Sociopathic tendencies are pushed out as they endanger more than themselves.
Many high calibre infantry men and some women have trouble re-adjusting to the Civilian world and their total skill base is not suitable / as broad as a civilian counter part. Punctuality, smartness, directness and leadership is good, but you don't need to know how to strip an M249 to be an effective administator or business manager.
Some of those who struggle to re-adjust go back to what they know, but are too old for Regular Military service and so PMC's etc appeal. The vast majority in PMC's are upstanding but a lack of Code of Military Justice and lack of accountability means some personnel can act outside of ROE and actively damage military missions, by killing innocent civilians which harms the Hearts and Minds Endeavours. It only takes one Idiot to undue the Work of many.

[edit on 23/5/09 by LT mikey]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I am trying to remember the article I read that said it is more economic to government to hire PMC as a occupying force then it is to actually have boot on the ground. I am concerned about BW association with the Saudies and other countries, something I learned was just because they are in America doesnt necessarily mean we are giving them every contract remember there is a whole world of higher bidders out there

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LT mikey

Did this encounter leave you feeling like you were in the presence of a knuckle-dragging neaderthal, or if not, how else would you describe it?

reply to post by blackpheonix

I can completely understand the cost-efficiency verses usage of standard military. The issues to me does not lie within the cost-efficiency being a postive towards a betterment for the tax-paying citizens, as the way I see it is that the extra cost is a blanket of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols whereas our soliders are covered under laws, as well means of investigation through the Criminal Investigation Division within those independent military entities. The blanket of rules there is both to protect the soldiers from wrong-doing, and convict them, if necessary of breaking rules, like shooting innocent civilians.

The other way, going the "Private Military Contractors" there's a lack of drag coefficient which slows a "soldier" to think before action, whereas a "contractor" will shoot without thought of action due to a lack of either value of human life, or knowing there is no set standards where they can be held accountable for their actions if a mistake is made.

Stop The Stalkers

Read about my fight against stalkers here, since I was six years old.

Left-Wing, Right-Wing, This Turkey, Knows How To Soar Like An Eagle

Become a member of the Bully Pulpit, so you can debate me politically, if you do not choose membership in the Bully Pulpit, you can only read, and not post replies.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I was just trying to point out that may the recent raise in contracting job by the government has been because of that reason but on a side note I do agree with you about the shoot first thing and maybe somebody people wanted them their for that reason too. What better way to use propaganda aghienst the US then to have people come on camera and state that the companies the US has overseas is committing Crimes Against Humanity on top of raping taxpayer out of their money and so on.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I understand very much as well as appreciate very much your posts and thoughts on these so-called "private military contractors."

I think their euphamism is rather hilarious.

It's almost like white-washing a rhino, and calling it a cute puppy.

Even though you clearly see the horn sticking out prepared to skewer you.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The man who owns black water called himself a CHRISTIAN CRUSADER lol this guy is a joke

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seancon

In reality I think it is all too apparent the Xe is owned buy the real government, the big business---That is who it truly serves IMHO.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

jkrog08, I both disagree and agree with your statement there.

Erik Prince, is a right-wing conservative, plain and simple.

Whether he believes in "God" or not is truly up to question.

However, what is happening in Iraq and the Middle East is in essence exactly what our politicians, and Bush was one of the main men doing it at the time we entered Iraq, claimed this was not a "Holy War".

The problem with any politician claiming it is not a "Holy War" is that the statement is fundamentally a complete and utter lie.

It is "Islam" against "Christianity", it always has been since before the Crusades of the early Middle Ages, some appropriately call the Dark Ages.

It is a "Christian" nation, being America, standing up against the Muslim belief, one claiming the other is wrong, neither willing to work towards a compromise, because war is about making money, getting Johnny Soldier killed to reduce the population, and covering it all up as a means to "defend the nation".

Prince is just one man, in a group of many, taking full advantage of that situation.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
One thought I've had about Blackwater is that mercenaries do it for the money, and right now they are funded by the Feds, but what if there was an economic collapse in America, and a massive collapse of the US dollar, and Russia or China was able to become the highest bidder so to say, and be the next controller of blackwater? They wouldn't even have to invade the US, because they could just pay blackwater to destroy us from within.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

Well, while I do not agree with Blackwater/Xe, I do not see that they would sell us out totally through being traitors to our nation, but the thought has crossed my mind of course.

I have a distinct feeling that their paychecks would be guaranteed, even if they had to break into the slush funds hiding in the Pentagon's amassed illegal wealth.

The economy crashing is all pre-planned and the plan is for the Government to make sure they get paid and screw the American citizens.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My brother-in-law worked for Blackwater in Iraq. Don't know when they supposedly left the area, but his contract to work for them just ended in August, that is when he came home. I have asked him about them, but even though he is open about his time in Iraq with the Army, he won't talk about his last 3 years there working for Blackwater. All he says is that it is a crazy company, and he wants nothing to do with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join