It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Okay, this is a bit extreme, even I wouldn't go to this level of protesting, unless I had an agenda to shut Blackwater down. That's crass to say the least, even if what they do is bypassing the Constitution as well as the law of Posse Comitatus through National Emergency.

Seven Protesters Arrested at Blackwater’s Headquarters

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here's a thread on Blackwater possibly working in tandem with the D.E.A. The waters are being muddied between Law Enforcement and Intelligence even further. Muddy the waters and then you can cloud the events that will later unfold.

Is The D.E.A. Contracting Blackwater?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Keith Olbermann is on MSNBC talking about Blackwater now. I'm wondering if he is able to talk about this because of his position at MSNBC, or whether they are just throwing us a bone.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Amen brother.

At my last count there are 14 different federal agencies collecting their own intelligence. [Yes I used to work for a few of them]

Most of these have also at least some level of military or civilian law enforcement mission as well.

This is not considering the multitude of private corps that have been involved in "security and industrial loss prevention" since Christ was a corporeal.

It shudders me timbers to think that my oldest son is aggressively persuing a career in "intelligence field operations".

I should have known when I taught him to eat his own dead on the field.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kerontehe

Just curious here for a moment.

Was your comment in regards to one of or several of the last posts I did on Blackwater?

I'm just clarifying for the benefit of anyone else as well as what I read.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I purchased the Blackwater novel a couple of weeks ago and I started reading it while on the plane. I am hoping to do some research on this subject in the near future

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nastalgik

Great to hear. I look forward to your thoughts on Jeremy Scahill's book as well as Blackwater.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Essentially said, all of these news sources are talking about the same six Blackwater contractors, who will apparently be getting "target letters" in regards to an ongoing investigation into the alleged ambush where 17 civilians were killed.

This is not my opinion, but that of the news sources, and I'm only adding to this thread to keep it up to date. The first news story is being talked about on WyrdeOne's there here :

WyrdeOne's ATS Thread :Blackwater Rent-A-Soldiers To Be Indicted?

Yahoo News : Newspaper: Blackwater Guards Get Target Letters

The Phillidelphia Inquirer : Blackwater Guards May Face Charges

Seatlle Times : Blackwater Guards May Face Indictment

Boston Herald : Newspaper: Blackwater Guards Get Target Letters

Fox 19 : Newspaper: Blackwater Guards Get Target Letters

San Luis Obispo : Newspaper: Blackwater Guards Get Target Letters

KATC.Com : Newspaper: Blackwater Guards GetTtarget Letters

[edit on 17-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Is there really a need to post links to the same AP article printed by various news outlets?

No.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wow I want to go work for Blackwater
was working for ArmorGroup

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just to show I can be fair when it comes to something I am passionate about, I began a new thread with a different initiative towards showing some of the things I agree with that Blackwater does for our nation. This is of course in the perspective that Obama might win the election in the upcoming election in America. I'm not a supporter of the man either, as McCain or Obama are not my choices, as I am not a political supporter of either party.

Blackwater : Left-Wing Liberal America, & Shifting Alliance, Leading Because It's For Our Future...

I am a military man with military knowledge, I just hate seeing the system abused by either party politically speaking of course.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is a touchy subject and Im not here to argue about Blackwater and there have been some red flags thrown up however what happens in the AO should stay in the AO, I am a former military man and I know some of the individuals who work for Blackwater, They are some of the finest shooters and door kickers Ive ever known, I have had the privelage of working with some of these guys while I was on active duty, Most guys in the special operations community go right to work in the private sector when they get their discharge orders or some opt to stay in and thats great but Id rather work for Blackwater than KBR/Halliburton, Thats like working for the devil in my opinion. Blackwater trains many police swat units and federal agencies, A friend of mine just came back from an active shooting class there, I like that they are here and I like that they are overseas helping our troops out, War sucks but unfortunatly we are knee deep in it. I have not read the book but If anybody can provide me with some feedback that would be very much appreciated. Thanks

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Blackwater Maritime

The blackwater navy
www.blackwaterusa.com...
www.bluebloggin.com...
community.freespeech.org...

I am just waiting to hear the the Somalia pirates attacked a ship under the protection of blackwater,
Or one of the groups attacking oil rigs off Nigeria runs into a blackwater team hired by a oil company.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Anned..Good reply...I would love to see that happen as well..There are good guys working for that company..I wonder who is going to finally neutralize that Ukranian ship?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

I can appreciate you're opinion on Blackwater. I started the other thread in regards to the better aspects. I see both sides, and this threads was about one side, while the other thread is about the other side. One where you might appreciate more because it is specifically about the parts you like about Blackwater.

Blackwater : Left-Wing Liberal America, & Shifting Alliance, Leading Because It's For Our Future...

reply to post by ANNED

Thanks for the comments and keep them coming. It's appreciated.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Can you imagine these guys hooking up with and even training our neighborhood watch groups..Ughhhh ..

By the way awesome post ..lots of info ..lots of links ..makes me wanna read the book now ..thanks ...

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
wow this thread made me laugh so much. obviously youre all uninformed, you read a book written by some liberal and you think your a pro on private contractors. HAHA. first, they are not a sector of the government, or mercaneries, secret military organization, or any other government funded entity, they are all civilians. civilians workin contracts as personal security in foreign countries, and they ONLY engage in a firefight (utilizing precision shots) when they need to defend themselves, and only then. a basic rundown, this is how it works; the company gets a phone call from a mayor, governor, prime minister of another country, or whoever it may be, and they say hey i need a body guard for a couple weeks for this much money, the Ops chief calls the employees and asks who wants the contract, and the job gets done. its really that simple, believe it or not. you may be saying to yourself "this guy is crazy, he doesnt know what hes talkin about", but i do. i have PERSONAL EXPERIENCE in this business. the government isnt launching a blackwater kill sqaud to come to your house tonight and kill your family. i know its a cool thought for you, but your not of any importance, get over it.

the blackwater company has always been in the U.S., they didnt just sneak in here and set up camp. were right here in moyock, north carolina. come by and watch what we really do, you may learn something, and your views and opinions may change. blackwater operates in many countries worldwide, some of which you probably havent heard of. the thing said about having as many contractors in iraq and afghanistan as the U.S. does troops is BS. theres roughly 1500 blackwater personel in both countries, doing anything from logistical support, convoy security, military transitional training teams, principle security, 'terps, and intel teams, assisting the iraqi police and U.S. military in medical evacuations and supply drops.

also, if you didnt know, blackwater and other companies have built hospitals, and provided many supplies to third world countries, so YES they have done humanitarian aid missions. WERE NOT a bunch off murderers.

when erik is being interviewed on CNN, the reason he doesnt sweat it is because, in this line of work youre constantly under investigation. everything is in question.

haha once again i laugh. nor the military or any government organization answer to the people, it doesnt matter how much the people complain. guess what? private companies dont care either.

i may sound like one of the "others", and i guess i am, but do your own research next time. dont read some hippies liberal perspective book, or watch CNN videos all day. make a stop in Moyock, NC.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
[blackwater and other companies have built hospitals, and provided many supplies to third world countries, so YES they have done humanitarian aid missions]

Yeah well so does Fema ...The Red Cross ..The United Way ...the Salvation Army .. Catholic Church,The Masons,The Shriners,the Government ..the Protestant Churches ...Actors and Actresses ....US Senators....etc etc etc ..(The list is long) ..

Seriously please dont use the THEY DO GOOD DEEDS with their money .... trump card so that means they are on the up and up ..because that is just simply not true ...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I like this thread and have been watching it closely, What is your issue with Blackwater? Do you not like their practices?.Blackwater consists of many fine employees who have dedicated their lives on active duty and again in the private sector, Yes the money is appealing but these security professionals enjoy that lifestyle and that kind of high risk work, Most Blackwater employees are fromer SF, Navy special operators, Marine Force Recon and other qualified military personnel as well as sworn police officers and most of the military guys know each other through the SPEC OPs community and have formed a brotherhood and want to continue to forge that brotherhood, They are not thugs, They are highly trained operators, Try spending time in combat and im not saying you personally and I dont know your background but its difficult for somebody who hasnt served to understand what happens in combat and the rigors that you face everyday, on every patrol, on every reece, every mission, In the end you its all about taking care of you and your team and in Blackwater case their "principal", I agree that if delta bravos mess up then they should face the consequences. I was fortunate to serve with some excellent personnel and i trusted them unconditionally, however there are rotten apples in every batche sometimes..dont forget to bash KBR and Dynacorp..They hire much less qualified individuals than Blackwater and they screw up much more..KBR was giving untreated water to Army and Marine personnel..Look that one up.

So in closing Im not trying to discredit anybodys opinion, In fact I respect your opinion, I dont know anybodys background and Im not judging but you all as a whole should really get some hard facts and then formulate your hypothesis. These Blackwater guys are good people and they will not turn against the armerican people like some think.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join