It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraqi teenage girl killed for loving a British soldier

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The seventeen year old daughter was willing to step over the border of religion and love a British soldier. She has more soul than her father will ever have. This is another reason why you don't bomb a whole country. There are people who are willing to change.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
They may wan to get married and adopt kids..
What about government people or American tourists?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnowWhite

Well, I dont think there are too many "American tourists" in Iraq - if any at all.

Government workers - like contractors? I have no clue what rules they have in place.

US Military does NOT allow that. However, I know for fact it is very common for military members to fall in love with say, translators. They spend vasts amounts of time around each other. Who could fault them?

It is just too risky, obviously, too many factors involved. It is just better for them to not even entertain the idea of talking to a female there. LOL

[edit on 28-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnowWhite

What about them? I am failing to realise your point.

This thread is about the barbaric action taken by a father against his daughter due to religious belief, it has nothing to do with American tourists.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I will say this, that from what I know, American troops are NOT allowed to "fratenize" with the girls there...so something like would this not happen.

Not true in fact there have been like 10 American soldiers who married Iraqi chicks...this father is just a sick prick and I hope Allah gives him a big fat fork in the >>>

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I will say this, that from what I know, American troops are NOT allowed to "fratenize" with the girls there...so something like would this not happen.

Not true in fact there have been like 10 American soldiers who married Iraqi chicks...this father is just a sick prick and I hope Allah gives him a big fat fork in the >>>

Well, true or not. I know that where I am, these rules are in place. No fratenizing with the locals = men w/ woman and vice versa. It is talked about in briefings before they ever leave American soil

Maybe its all based on squadron/units that have these rules and not a military wide rule.

Maybe someone in the military here can clarify all of this

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
But there possibly be some tourist or investors..
who may plan to have lovers or get married
I thought this was suppose to be democratic now?
Honour killing is illegal according to the law, ya?
Was her father punished?
About those soldiers were they discharged?
Can they now live in Iraq and get married
or perhaps migrate to a nearby country?
Pocahontas..

[edit on 28-4-2008 by SnowWhite]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SnowWhite

Is English your native tongue? I'm having a problem understanding what you mean. Please don't be offended by me asking.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I usually write and speak in shorthand
pepsi, slangs is the trend..

[edit on 28-4-2008 by SnowWhite]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Love is unconditional. Religion has no place in love. There is no honor by the hands of another to kill someone in love. So, shall the war continue.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

these people are so stupidly in bred they will only destroy everything and anything they touch that dos not fit in with there warped sense of wright and wrong ...the atom bomb was made so troops would not die in large numbers in a war..so why not pull the troops out and turn this nightmare into a large burning hole now so we in the western world can get on with our lives...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

So you want to nuke the country and kill countless civilians like this innocent girl because you're upset she was killed? Am I the only one that sees the irony in this?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't believe it's about society, it's about the attitude of law enforcement. In the UK every year dozens of women are murdered in these "honour killings" same as Iraq, the difference here is the police go after the scum who commit them and any relatives who helped them before or after the murder. In Iraq apparently they don't do anything, which is sickening. Still not surprising as the iraqi police is stuffed full of millitias.

Such shameless brutality being essentially tacitly sanctioned by the Iraqi police really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Make me wonder what kind of democracy is being installed in the whole system.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, the way to deal with barbaric actions is with even greater more forceful barbaric actions, that is what the military and police are for, this why men take up arms in the first place.

This father who killed his daughter for loving a westerner has insulted all Westerners, by demonstrating to the world that Western men can not protect the women who love them from the barbaric actions of their fathers or Muslim men in general. Western men must respond to this insult of our honor by killing the young womans father, his sons, his priest, and any other men he was associated with who might have encouraged this behavior. Anytime an honor killing is carried out, this is what should happen. Men of the Western world must respond to this insult to our honor or it tells the women of the world that we will not act to protect those who love us. If these men who insult our honor are not killed, then they should all be sent to prison until they are very old and broken men. If this is done, then the honor killings of women who become involved with Western men will stop, because anyone who chooses to engage in such an activity, or anyone who encourages such and activity knows that they bring a death sentence upon themselves for participating in the wrongful murder of an innocent woman.

This is the way things were dealt with in the old world, and this is how we should deal today with these types of barbaric acts. If a young man and a young woman were to fall in love, and the father of the young women refused to allow her to marry the young man, it was an insult to the young man and his family and their honor, and many times the honor of the village if they are from different villages, and that is exactly how we should see it.

In every war, it has never been forbidden for the soldiers to have relationships with the women in the hostile areas, and should not be discouraged in Iraq. Any women in Iraq who become romantically entangled with a soldier should be allowed to do so, and in fact this should be encouraged, as an exchange of culture.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
In this instance, no one can say ''it's only a minority of Muslims that commit these atrocities, that commit these honour murders'' because the majority of Muslims support sharia law which makes them nearly as if not as guilty of commiting the crime itself.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Corum]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
The seventeen year old daughter was willing to step over the border of religion and love a British soldier. She has more soul than her father will ever have. This is another reason why you don't bomb a whole country. There are people who are willing to change.

Actually I would submit that this shows that not that they are willing to change, but that they are merely human like the rest of us and they have feelings as well. It is just unfortunate that people like her father exist and committ such crimes of hate.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attari
I don't believe it's about society, it's about the attitude of law enforcement. In the UK every year dozens of women are murdered in these "honour killings" same as Iraq, the difference here is the police go after the scum who commit them and any relatives who helped them before or after the murder. In Iraq apparently they don't do anything, which is sickening. Still not surprising as the iraqi police is stuffed full of millitias.

Yes the police do their job but it would be great if they didn't have to respond to these cases because Muslims in the UK integrate.

But no assimilating into another culture is just too much work.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SnowWhite

I'm guessing you mean Quebecker Slang? That won't serve you well when trying to communicate with older people from all over the world. Standard English will get your points across much better. Communications skills are second only to food, water and shelter in importance.

People in the military are not allowed to fraternize with the citizens of Iraq. That means they are not supposed to flirt, date or have relationships because the cultures are so different.

What happened here is acceptable in their culture and considered brutal and barbaric by much of the rest of the world. They don't understand us and we don't understand them. If someone here were to tell their Daughter you may not date a particular person and then brutally kill her for disobeying; that is what happened. Here the Father would be tried for Murder. There it is acceptable under their laws. Daughters are also second class citizens with no power or say in their lives for the most part. They are more like property.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Support the troops, question government think tanks..

I disagree with this statement. I believe it should read "Support the troops, question government tanks". I omit 'think' for obvious reasons.

I would hate to be Paul right now. I am sure he was just being nice, well within the bounds the rules, and the poor girl couldn't help but feel an attraction. Like others have mentioned, one cannot decide who to fall in love with.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This isn't the first time I've seen this before, and it certainly isn't bound to religion.

(I do love to rip into religion when I can, but this isn't an opportunity.)

It was common during the world wars, to find that women had been killed by other villagers and even their own families, for having sex with an enemy soldier.

Often labeled traitors and whores, amongst other degrading names, they were likely to be hung, or killed in other manors for "servicing" the enemy.

The Iraqi people commonly view the Americans as the enemy.
I can't blame them, they did invade their land... and there is a far greater ratio of civilian casualties in this war than there were in most wars throughout history.
They can try to tell you the weapons are precise all they want. Weapons can precisely hit the wrong target... and shrapnel simply isn't precise at all.

If a country invaded my country, and the civilian bodies started piling up, yeah, I'd view the invaders as the enemy too... and I would be pretty enraged at anyone who would be willing to sleep with that enemy. Can't say I would kill them, but that's because I couldn't kill anyone... it's just not in me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join