It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Calling For Riots In Denver

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You people are insane if you think that Rush Limbaugh seriously called for rioting in Denver, or anywhere for that matter. There's been plenty of occasions where the guy has said things in a manner which any idiot could tell he was joking, yet those in the media with opposing views print transcripts of his words as though he was serious. When you read a transcript of a radio show or speech, or just about anything for that matter, it is often impossible to guage the level of seriousness, sarcasm, etc., that the speaker had. And that is what many in the media have taken advantage of in the past, not only with regards to Rush, but just about anyone they disagree with.

And the sad part is that it actually works, because it fooled most of you. Hook, line and sinker. It really is disturbing to see the gullability of many people on here, especially when it sheds a negative light on those that they disagree with and even hate.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I am NOT a Rush Limbaugh supporter or fan. I've listened to him a few times in the past when nothing else was on, simply because I am fare enough of a person to listen to just about anyones opinions without screaming and crying like a child (many of you should try this), but I hardly agree with everything he says. But I'm actually willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, especially when those who are jumping down his throat have a clear AGENDA.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I apologize for going off topic here but one thing I have seen in a few posts plus have heard on many 'left' talk shows are the jokes that are made about Rush's one time drug addiction.
I don't think drug addiction is a funny topic to be used against someone just because you don't agree with their political views.

Back on topic: I have heard what he said and I don't think he should have said it but I do not believe he was calling for riots but like an earlier post stated was hoping for a situation similar to Chicago in order to weaken the Democratic party.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
You people are insane if you think that Rush Limbaugh seriously called for rioting in Denver, or anywhere for that matter. There's been plenty of occasions where the guy has said things in a manner which any idiot could tell he was joking, yet those in the media with opposing views print transcripts of his words as though he was serious.

As a (former) broadcasting professional I can tell you with some authority that there's a very fine line. Lots of people in radio have only been "joking" about far less serious topics, only to find themselves out on the street and facing fines and lawsuits. Don Imus was fired and his contract breached over a "joke" told by a white man about black women. The guys who did that stunt contest where the girl died from drinking too much water thought they were just "having fun".

Fact is, Rush gets away with a lot of crap most air talent would not. He gets a pass for several reasons; not the least of which is because the management of the FCC is extremely right-wing and pro-corporate (if you have any doubts note the fact they continually push for huge companies' right to buy ever more stations, despite overwhelming community opposition). The FCC serves the Right and Rush is the biggest mouthpiece the Right has, and that gets him a "free pass". Also, Rush has tons of money to buy good lawyers, and he's well-connected to other broadcasters in the right-wing club. He knows he can do things others cannot, thus he keeps up with this crap.

When you read a transcript of a radio show or speech, or just about anything for that matter, it is often impossible to guage the level of seriousness, sarcasm, etc., that the speaker had.

Again, it doesn't matter. What matters is what was said, not how "sarcastic" it was. Sarcasm doesn't shield you from fines if you drop an F-bomb on the air.

And that is what many in the media have taken advantage of in the past, not only with regards to Rush, but just about anyone they disagree with.

Then maybe people should take the hint and be more careful with what they say on the air. Note that the airwaves are considered to be owned by the Public, and traditional, Constitutional freedom of speech and expression does not necessarily apply.

And the sad part is that it actually works, because it fooled most of you. Hook, line and sinker. It really is disturbing to see the gullability of many people on here, especially when it sheds a negative light on those that they disagree with and even hate.

I'm guessing he did it just for that purpose. He's a sensationalist and an admitted liar (along with being a junkie, a multiple divorcee and quite possibly a child molester) and this IS a ratings period. Crap like this is definitely a ratings-grabber.

But I'm actually willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, especially when those who are jumping down his throat have a clear AGENDA.

My agenda is the TRUTH. Always has been, always will be. Rush Limbaugh is Anti-Truth, thus he is, and always will be, my enemy.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh controls the Democrat Party! This is all part of Operation Chaos.

If Rush Limbaugh calls for riots in Denver, I'm sure Democrats will take to the streets and riot. He has that kind of power over them.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

I can't help but wonder why anyone listens to that worthless pompass windbag any damn way.

Back in the 90s I use to listen to Rush everyday and was a avid fan. Now I refuse to listen to a single show. The incident that finally opened my eyes about his true character was the show discussing the funeral of Bill Clinton's mother.

I was appalled that Rush and the callers spent the entire show making fun of Bill Clinton for crying at his mothers funeral. The one place anyone has the right to shed a tear is at a funeral of someone they cared about. No man who has even a bit of decency or compassion would have done what they did.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is just more circus to entertain the folks at home, it doesn't matter at all, they need to make people believe there is a real battle for the presidency going on-the new POTUS has already been chosen.

We don't have free and fair elections in the united states of america!! What are you thinking?? All this drama in the media is a diversion.

Send in the clowns.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
This is just more circus to entertain the folks at home, it doesn't matter at all, they need to make people believe there is a real battle for the presidency going on-the new POTUS has already been chosen.

Really? Please enlighten us, O Prescient One. Who is it? Please, I'd really like to know, so I can get the hell out if it's McCain.

We don't have free and fair elections in the united states of america!!

With Diebold's rigged voting machines and a right-wing fascist Supreme Court, you're right about that.

What are you thinking?? All this drama in the media is a diversion.

Send in the clowns.

The real question is, a diversion from what?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can't believe this drug addict is still on the air! He should be in jail with all the other drug fiends. I wouldn't put much stock in anything this man says. He was almost surely high as a kite, like he is all the time. Damn druggies!
I guess he serves the agenda so he is allowed to abuse drugs with no consequence, and the people that listen to him should know their hero is high all the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've never been a fan of Limbaugh. (lim-baah humbug) This man's only interest in pandering through the radio is based upon his inability to hold or except women as equal. It has something to do with his old Vietnam days when reporting on the war with Ollie North. They must have smoked too much weed!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

You are calling people who believe this is true, insane?

If he is joking, what do you call someone that finds humor in violence breaking out where people might be injured or killed with damage to property? Then say it is the best thing that could happen to this country? What do you call someone that "dreams" that riots will break out?

[edit on 4/25/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You might wish to re-read some of the de-classified documents on the family jewels that the CIA has. They sure would enlist the aid of a comedic political
radio jock for help. If you got back to old OSS days you'll learn how the CIA became a Republican backed machine.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Cmon people, unleash that bias you have for republicans/rightwing/conservitives and use some common sense and logic. In a sort of sarcastic and satirical way he is only giving us a glimse and a very very real possibility of what could happen. He's not calling for republicans to riot, pay attention people, it's the democrats and democratic supporters, he's instigating them in a sarcastic way. He's saying go ahead and riot, show us how you feel and no democratic cantidate will ever have a chance at the presidency. You don't have to like rush, but you really should open up your eyes. To think Al Sharpton didn't meen what we know he meant by "there will be trouble" just shows an unwillingness to see the truth.

We know what Al meant and we know it's true. Rush is only warning you fools. Remember bias is just a chemical reaction in the brain. It feels good to believe what you want. But the cold hard truth Obama is and has been associated with racists, real domestic terrorists and has been qouted too many times saying things no candidate should. It's all there folks, it's like 4 elephants in the room not just 1 and they each have big red flags on them.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm going for the full blow conspiracy wing-nut end on this..., the 'riot' and/or 'riots' that are repeatedly being 'foreseen' or 'hypothesized' are merely a way of getting the notion screwed into the general publics mind so that heavy-handed police and 'crowd control' measures won't be questioned when they are put in place - even if the so-called 'rioting' never happens.

We don't want our new urban pacification toys to go unused. So make sure everyone is expecting and anticipating the chaos, that way we can implement our draconian 'solution' to a hero's welcome. "...with thunderous applause." as the mythical Senator Amadala would say.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The question is did Rush actually call for riots?

Saying that you are dreaming of riots is vastly different different than actually calling for it. People on the ATS forums can call for armed revolution, isn't that almost the same thing?

I have questions on Operation Chaos though. Rush is taking advantage of serious problems in the voting process. He isn't the first to do this and this isn't just a right-wing thing. What he is doing CAN cause riots but it is purely the faults of Democrat election rules. Republican rules only allow for registered Republicans to vote while any independent can vote for Democrats during the primary. Its easy to claim to be an independent when walking to the polls and be allowed to vote for a Democrat.

The only ones to blame if there are any riots IS THE MEDIA.

When CNN, Fox, MSNBC, or whoever starts spewing out RUSH CALL FOR RIOTS RUSH CALLS FOR RIOTS there will be people who will get mad, look at these forums. The MEDIA WANTS RIOTS, they want martial law, they want war, they want fire, they want crisis, they want fear, they want violent political divisions because people crawl to them whenever something happens. Watch what happens in New York with that cop acquittal, if anything can cause a riot it will be that and that story is now making headlines.

Before calling on the censorship of a person that exercises his free-speech, realize that you are doing the same thing as the fascists you all oppose. Realize that many that oppose Rush and are screaming murder for this issue are basing their opinions on media snippets rather than looking on actual transcripts and putting them into correct context.

Seriously, I could care less what Rush Limbaugh says, or Al Sharpton, or whomever. What I do care is when the corporate media takes what these people say and takes out of context. Is Rush a Republican/ Big Business/ CIA funded stooge, who cares? A Republican stooge has just as much a right to free speech as a Democrat/ Big Business/ CIA funded stooge. I am more worried about the media churning things up and trying to gain a monopoly over public American speech.

Some may be pissed at what Rush says or stands for but I can assure that if Rush gets taken off the air for what he says, ATS will be in danger of going the same way sometime afterwards.

*edit: I haven't actually seen any big media that has been running this but mostly democrat sites and local Denver media. I guess we will see if it turns out to be a real big thing.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by wutone]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
He should call the show Fear and Loathing with Rush Limbaugh. I mean, he has GOT to still be high as a kite to spew that kind of crap! LOL! Sorry, but I think people on drugs who act this way are intensely funny!

The guy who said this is a diversion is right. In my mind, the next POTUS has already been chosen as Hilary! Yikes, it's scary, but I think the puppet masters want her in there.

I mean, DAMN, last time the Clintons were in office, they gave away our industrial base and a lot of Nuclear secrets. Whats next?

Kind of exciting really!

I saw a bumper sticker that said, ANYONE BUT HILLARY - 08.

I need one.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

It's not garden-variety rightwingers that are the problem here, it's the incendiary, insinuating and misleading beltway cretins that are the perverted offspring of Lee Atwater and his politics of division and hate that are the problem, and Limbaugh is their mouthpiece and poster boy in one. Their MO is praying on and exploiting primal fears, racism and intolerance. These guys like to push the buttons that go straight to the primal Id.

Willy Horton, Swift Boating, flag burning, gay marriage, abortion, "Happy Holidays"... whatever the subject, they manufacture or manipulate it and drag it into the spotlight to distort it and polarize people for their own political advantage. People hear them speaking with impunity about these "issues," daring to say outrageous things like this riot "wish," and start buying into it. They feel empowered that cocky braggarts like O'Reilly and Limbaugh are attacking the boogeymen they fear and hate, and they join the mind cult.

But these loudmouth propaganda artists distort the "values" they pay lip-service to so profoundly and so pervasively that they've now created a cruel and intolerant mindset--they've fostered a mentality of Limbaugh clones, who snicker and cheer when their heroes go into attack mode over strawmen. Pavlov would be appalled at their success.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
I have questions on Operation Chaos though. Rush is taking advantage of serious problems in the voting process. He isn't the first to do this and this isn't just a right-wing thing. What he is doing CAN cause riots but it is purely the faults of Democrat election rules. Republican rules only allow for registered Republicans to vote while any independent can vote for Democrats during the primary. Its easy to claim to be an independent when walking to the polls and be allowed to vote for a Democrat.

Is his call for republicans to change parties so they can vote in democratic primaries for Hillary, part of Operation Chaos? If not, what are you referring to? I think the rules of voting in primaries vary from state to state. I know here in Ohio, I was registered Independent, and I had a choice of voting in either primary. This year though, if you did vote in one or the other, they automatically changed your affiliation to the party you voted for.

Otherwise I agree with your post. Rush does have a right to say whatever he wants and I'm sure most would agree to that. He is paid to say ridiculous things like that. In fact, I think the more you let RL talk, the more he shows what the republicans are all about.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

I don't disagree with you, entirely (allthough filled with MSM propoganda)and thats why I don't listen to talk radio. But the liberal left are guilty of similar tactics especially in polarizing right wing people like you just did, which is also why I don't watch the MSM. (example-just as the left will have you believe he is inciting republicans to riot when he's actually referring to the left.) I'm about as independant as they come and I think it gives me an advantage, I have no bias for either side, but to deny something that is true just because it comes from a "fearmongerer" is to swim in ignorance yourself.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw

will he now be considered a homegrown terrorist? or will riots take place on their own terms.

www.thedenverchannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Those were my exact thoughts. Star and flag for you.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
According to the article, Rush did NOT say that he is calling for riots.
He said that he is 'dreaming of riots'. That he hopes there are some.

So, if I say "I'm dreaming of shooting the (you know who....his name rhymes with Rush and is a word for a small tree-like plant), you don't think the FBI would be knocking down my door? Give me a break.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join