It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Calling For Riots In Denver

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Rush Limbaugh Calling For Riots In Denver

www.thedenverchannel.com

DENVER -- Talk show host Rush Limbaugh is sparking controversy again after he made comments calling for riots in Denver during the Democratic National Convention this summer.

He said the riots would ensure a Democrat is not elected as president, and his listeners have a responsibility to make sure it happens.

"Riots in Denver, the Democrat Convention would see to it that we don't elect Democrats," Limbaugh said during Wednesday's radio broadcast. He then went on to say that's the best thing that could happen to the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
will he now be considered a homegrown terrorist? or will riots take place on their own terms.

www.thedenverchannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That guy makes me sick to my stomach, what makes me sicker is the fact that people actually listen to him. This country is messed up and most of it is due to this right vs left idiot-ology. He won't be considered a terrorist because he is rooting for the GOP. As the decider said, "You are either with us, or against us."

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
He better watch "his person" because some brute out there is

going to make him eat #.

He has probably been paid by the Bush administration to spread, and entice riots/civil war.

This would not surprise me one iota.

This is where my hate spills over.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
"Was arrested for inciting a peaceful riot, when all he wanted was a cup of tea"

Time and again we see things like this, and I think the man might need to go back to rehab. There is no excuse to incite people who are not being attacked to violence. None whatsoever.

When one is attacked and they have done nothing to provoke the attack, divine law demands they lay siege. When not attacked one has no right to violence. If people would follow this simple rule there would be an end to violence worldwide.

Leading others to do wrong from a position of power is un excusable.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw

will he now be considered a homegrown terrorist?

He should be, and if he was a Democrat on Air America Radio calling for the same thing at the Republican Convention he sure as Hell would be. If a Dem made any statement even close to that they'd be torn apart in the press for weeks, lose their jobs, and likely be investigated by the FCC and the DOJ. But, since he's on the "Right team", it'll all be swept under the rug.

Now just watch and wait for his defenders to come running.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
According to the article, Rush did NOT say that he is calling for riots.
He said that he is 'dreaming of riots'. That he hopes there are some.

He also repeated that Obama supporter Al Sharpton, threatened superdelegates saying that "there's going to be trouble" if the presidency is taken from Obama.

What Sharpton said without really saying it is - if the black guy doesn't get to be POTUS, then the black folks will riot. It looks like Rush wants the riots BEFORE the election. Rush is right (gawd, I can't believe I said that). If there are riots by Obama suporters (the black ones) before the election then the non-blacks will get scared and not vote for Obama.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

When one is attacked and they have done nothing to provoke the attack, divine law demands they lay siege. When not attacked one has no right to violence. If people would follow this simple rule there would be an end to violence worldwide.

Leading others to do wrong from a position of power is un excusable.

thats the problem, we are living in a 21st century world with 10th century ways to handle things.........

our only savior is us.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

" My people, let me tell you all about a wet "dream" of mine, while on mushrooms and hallucinogens, that we should have a riot in Denver. And as a good American, i hope there is one"

There- doesnt that sound much better, FF? Na! That is not planting the seeds at all!
Planting seeds would be to utter words which listening fanatic nuts would take right to the streets- per order of the fat #.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There is such a thing as the first admendment. ( Freedom Of Speech )
To many people are getting fired or in trouble for using this right because it offends others who disagree with what it said. He's actually right about these two Democrats hurting America, and believe me, I'm not a republican but I know liers and terrorist when I see them, and they are running for President of the United States this year. I don't want any of the three in the White House.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

As someone who worked as a DJ for 4 1/2 years, I know one has to be very careful what one says on the air. Had he not been one of the Bush Boyz, he'd be facing serious FCC fines right now.

He also repeated that Obama supporter Al Sharpton, threatened superdelegates saying that "there's going to be trouble" if the presidency is taken from Obama.

And Sharpton was right. If Obama has the nomination taken from him despite a delegate lead over Clinton, there will be trouble. That doesn't mean "riots". Sharpton never said that word. Rush did. Huge difference. But if that did happen, the Democratic Party would be finished for 2008, because half the party would be completely disenfranchised. I'd call that "trouble".

What Sharpton said without really saying it is - if the black guy doesn't get to be POTUS, then the black folks will riot.

Don't put words in the man's mouth.

It looks like Rush wants the riots BEFORE the election. Rush is right (gawd, I can't believe I said that). If there are riots by Obama suporters (the black ones) before the election then the non-blacks will get scared and not vote for Obama.

I don't think that's what Sharpton meant. And Rush is never right, except for what political wing he sucks off for money.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I agree they are all incompetent.
I do not agree with the fat b**d's calling out for riots.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
When I first read the headline, I thought, "Now Limbaugh's gone too far."

However, having read the article, I can see that there is a chance that the Democrat Convention could be the scene of riots given the rift between the ideology and the demographics of the candidates and their supporters.

Limbaugh cited Al Sharpton, saying the Barack Obama supporter threatened to superdelegates that "there's going to be trouble" if the presidency is taken from Obama.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

It sounds to me that it's Sharpton who's calling for riots, if that quote is accurate.

I can see how such an event would be catastrophic for the Democrat party.

I can't justify Limbaugh's reveling in such a possibility, but I've always said that Limbaugh is an entertainer and a ratings whore, so his views shouldn't carry as much weight as they do, especially with the left.

I never listen to Limbaugh, so the only way I know what he's saying is when his detractors post here. That's free publicity for Limbaugh.

As for riots in Denver, it could happen, but if the conventions are handled this year as they were in 2004, it's doubtful that anything very large could take place without being quashed in a hurry.

I must echo Limbaugh's thesis, however. Nothing could hurt the Democrats more than for a bunch of anarchists, left-wing radicals, and "truthers" to show up and get out of hand.

McCain is too close to being a Democrat for the Democrats to let something like that happen. The swing voters wouldn't think twice about pulling the lever for McCain in November.

[edit on 2008/4/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Now I wonder if Right wing Republicans will act as agent provocateurs to help that junkies dream come true. Rush must be back on the Oxy, to even think that kind of BS.

I sometimes find Rush entertaining but this does cross the line into promoting urban terrorism.

Tomorrow he will be saying "Joke, It was a Joke"

To bad the damage is done!!

[edit on 24-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is a very misleading heading for this post.

I'm not defending Rush. I don't listen to him. I think that for the most part he is a big windbag.

But he didn't call for rioting from his followers.

Please try to put headings on posts that do not mislead.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It sounds to me that it's Sharpton who's calling for riots, if that quote is accurate.

Yes, that's exactly what Limbaugh was speaking of. Some of the leaders in the black community have hinted that there might be Rodney King type riots if Obama doesn't get the nomination. Limbaugh is cheering them on as in "Go ahead and riot, keep the chaos in the Democratic party going." I'm not a regular listener to his show but I hear it enough to know about his "Operation Chaos". It has little to do with him or Republicans, and more to do with Democrats bickering amount themselves.

Originally posted by The Nighthawk
if he was a Democrat on Air America Radio

Then you never would have heard about it. (Yes, there are multiple ideas behind that thought)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I don't agree with it either but I'm not going to jump to conclusions until I hear the whole story. The media is all the time twisting the truth, but if he did say it then he needs to be called out for it. Is it against the law to do that? Maybe he has fallen off the boat and back into drugs.

Also Rush has been doing his show for ages and he know's what not to say and how to say it just to start something like this.

[edit on 4/24/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Oh Boy... a Republican riot at the DFL convention... lol

These guys never fight their own fights, they are Chicken Hawks! The make laws so other people's kids have to fight for them. They talk the talk, but when it comes to action... the will be hiding in their underground safe rooms trying to protect all their valuables... lol

[edit on 24-4-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I do listen to Rush and Hannity on occasion. I also listen to NPR, and watch Bill Maher too. Rush is having the time of his life watching the Democratic nomination process. Anyone who isn't familiar with his Operation Chaos, the basic premise is this, he is encouraging Republicans in states yet to have primaries to re-register as Democrats and vote for whoever is currently behind in the delegate count to extend the Democratic nominating process. His ego has him taking credit for the large number of Repubs who have switched parties in several states yet to vote. I don't think he is quite as successful in this as he would like to believe, but neither do I believe that the effects are negligible like the MSM and Democrats are saying about this.

As a lifelong Independent, one of the things that I do like about McCain is how much the base of the Republican party doesn't like him. I liked McCain tremendously in 2000 and one must wonder where we would be now if he had been the Republican nominee then instead of Shrub. He and Hillary are very much the status quo candidates now. One of the reasons I really dislike Shrub is because after 8 years of him, I actually have to justify and reason why I won't vote for Hillary.

Personally, I'm undecided how I want to vote for Prez come November. All other offices I'm voting against the incumbent. I'm actually excited about the mudslinging to come once a nominee is finally for the Democrats. Both conventions could be explosive. You got the Repubs in one of the most liberal cities in the US and the Dems with a possible back room deal to be made. Should be fun.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I can see how such an event would be catastrophic for the Democrat party.

In another thread you accused me of ad hominem attacks. EVERY time you use the term "Democrat Party" you do the exact same thing. Pot, meet Kettle.

It's the DemocratIC Party. Get it right or shut up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join