It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Spoke To Me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So......I went to Cathedral Rock in Sedona. I lit a candle and asked God to make me more sensitive to His persence, if it be His will to do so.

I hung out in the Cathedral a bit with my wife and then realized I had never visited the gift shop down stairs. I left her and went down to the gift shop. They had cards with your first name on them. So, I grabbed the one with my name on it. Each had a verse from the Bible. Mine said, from Corinthians:

"You are God's temple and the spirit of God is living within you."

One doesn't need to be real sensitive to see that one.

God is cool!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
So......I went to Cathedral Rock in Sedona. I lit a candle and asked God to make me more sensitive to His persence, if it be His will to do so.

I hung out in the Cathedral a bit with my wife and then realized I had never visited the gift shop down stairs. I left her and went down to the gift shop. They had cards with your first name on them. So, I grabbed the one with my name on it. Each had a verse from the Bible. Mine said, from Corinthians:

One doesn't need to be real sensitive to see that one.

God is cool!

Errmm...ok.

Whatever you say

J.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Believe it or not, I had an experience like this on a subway in NYC no less. I was asking for signs, messages, words, or whatever He felt would be appropriate. It was at a point in my life when I was very "open" to any messages I might receive. In my case, the response was quite direct - a voice in my head (not my own) answering my questions one by one and reassuring me every step of the way. Mostly, was the reassurance of his existence and his presence. This was several years ago and was the only time this has ever occurred to me. No other "voices" or messages since that time. Something tells me, I just needed that one acknowledgement and that was it. This is also the first time I have shared this experience with someone outside of my family.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Good for you, but your actions show it.
It's interesting how you take a message like that and interperate it into a sign for something.
Or are you just baiting? I think you may be, if I'm wrong, then I'm glad your getting a little bit closer to God.
The best way to know Him is to ask Him to be a part of your life, to recognise that He came to earth in human form to commune with you, to be with you and to be the sacrifice for your sins (for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God). We are born into sin, it is in our nature, it is the reason why we see big name pastors and just common Christians screw up so much, we are sinful, but we can overcome sin with the Holy Spirit, if we let Him guide us then we can achieve the seemingly impossible.
I hope you are trying to get closer to God, if you are then I applaude your efforts, but from knowing your history of posts, I feel, I FEEL you are just biating.
Please tell me if I am wrong on that.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'd be discerning when it comes to hearing anything that doesn't make sense to you. It's good to know you've come to know of 'God'.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i dont get it. are you trying to be funny? i dont see the part where a god talked to you. or are you trying to get across how ridiculous it is when someone experiences something "special", and has no other way of explaining it, so they blame god, even though it was just a random accurance.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You were at a gift shop in a cathedral, I'm not surprised that you would be wanting to talk to God and that they would have name keychains with bible verses on them.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
God can speak to us in many ways....
the smile of a child,
the touch of a lover,

the realization that you are not alone,

those are three of my favorites!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Did you happen to check the other cards to see what they said? Out of curiosity at least?
I suppose it could have been worse as the card could have read:

"You are God's servant and He has a job for you."

Careful what you wish for that's all I'm sayin'.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

The best way to know Him is to ask Him to be a part of your life, to recognise that He came to earth in human form to commune with you, to be with you and to be the sacrifice for your sins (for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God). We are born into sin, it is in our nature, it is the reason why we see big name pastors and just common Christians screw up so much, we are sinful, but we can overcome sin with the Holy Spirit, if we let Him guide us then we can achieve the seemingly impossible.

I'm not a Christian....so, I don't buy into the "Jesus died for our sins" nonsense and that we HAVE to believe God came to Earth in human form mumbo jumbo. I have faith and I have God. That is all I need. I don't need the crap created by religion to control the sheeple......

And NO ONE is born into sin.

I asked for God to make me more sensitive to His presence and He did. It's that simple. You all can turn it into whatever you want. I know what it was and that is all that matters.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

You were at a gift shop in a cathedral, I'm not surprised that you would be wanting to talk to God and that they would have name keychains with bible verses on them.

signature
My Christmas Miracle -- Miracles happen quickly, only long enough to realize they're miracles before they vanish and leave only faith to decide if they actually occurred.

Who is baiting who? Where did I say anything about keychains? And I love your signature line. Do miracles only happen for you? I don't think so and you obviously have no sensitivity and will probably never feel the presence of God. That is a shame.

And to the other poster that asked about the other cards with other names....it doesn't matter what those said now does it? I read the one that was for me.

God is cool. God is love. Most of you missed the point because you are cynics and that is okay. But life isn't much fun for a cynic.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The signs are constant. We often do not know their meaning however, although they surround us always. Just as love encompasses.

We create our own realities, and I hope we all can find positive things to teach us modesty and enlighten us.

Relax

[edit on 22/4/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You don't believe you have evr done anything contrary to God?
Adultery, lying, stealing, Hated your brother(or sister) that you wanted to kill him?
That's why we need a Saviour.
I BELIEVED in God when I was 21. I asked God "If you're real, show me."
I felt heat go up and down my body, like I had never felt, before.
I then belived I was O.K., went to bars, WHATEVER.

It wasn't until I was 23 that I asked, "forgive me." And EVERYTHING changed!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Do miracles only happen for you? I don't think so and you obviously have no sensitivity and will probably never feel the presence of God. That is a shame.
[edit on 22-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

You have a lot to learn. I'm not trolling you, I'm merely saying that in a Church of course you would want to talk to God and in a Church Gift Shop of course there would be gifts with bible passages on them. Every time we're at Church we talk to God.

You have to realize what is truly something unique and what is just every day coincidence. I pray that you will have a true experience one day so you have the wisdom to know the difference between the two. However, I'm glad that this has brought you closer to God.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You have much to learn... I agree with IO on this one..

the fact that he said

" God coming to earth mumbo jumbo "

Is a sign os unsincerity because he doesn't know if Jesus is truth or not and shows signs of his ignorant assumptions......

I have nothing else to say in this thread...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

You don't believe you have evr done anything contrary to God?
Adultery, lying, stealing, Hated your brother(or sister) that you wanted to kill him?
That's why we need a Saviour.
I BELIEVED in God when I was 21. I asked God "If you're real, show me."
I felt heat go up and down my body, like I had never felt, before.
I then belived I was O.K., went to bars, WHATEVER.

It wasn't until I was 23 that I asked, "forgive me." And EVERYTHING changed!

Hmmmm...not sure what to make of this. When did I say I was perfect and saintly? I'm not sure what this post of yours has to do with the topic. I have made mistakes in my life. Who hasn't? I am human and God knows that because HE MADE ME WHAT I AM!

Why we need a saviour? I just need God. I'm not sure what your barhopping days have to do with this thread either. We can certainly discuss your faith if you like, but don't dump it on me. I have my faith and it is so strong that you can do nothing to shake it.

I didn't ask God if He was real did I? I asked Him to allow me to be more sensitive to His presence. I already had faith in His existence.

And I ask God for forgiveness because I believe in just one God. What does Jesus have to do with me and my relationship with God? I will answer: NOTHING! And I don't ask for forgiveness like this: "God, I did this awful thing. Forgive me." That would be rather rude of a person to think they can tell Him what to do. I tell God what I did and how I feel as a result and ask Him to do His will with me.

I asked God to help me be more sensitive to His presence because I want to be a better person. I certainly wasn't looking to learn that He truly existed so I could go out and be an idiot and know He was there to watch over me as I drank myself to puking or whatever other nonsense people choose to waste their lives with.....

I'm a work in progress and will be every day until the day I die and God knows this, why? BECAUSE HE MADE ME!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

You have a lot to learn.

You have to realize what is truly something unique and what is just every day coincidence. I pray that you will have a true experience one day so you have the wisdom to know the difference between the two. However, I'm glad that this has brought you closer to God.

I have a lot to learn from who? You?

YOU need to learn to be more sensitive to your environment. Who are you to judge whether my experience was true or not? Are you an authority on other people's experiences with God? I had a true experience and I have had others. That is between me and God.

If you want to discuss wisdom, I certainly have the wisdom to tell a false prophet from a real one.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Who is talking about prophets or authority? I am not claiming nor did I even mention or imply anything of the sort. I am merely saying that as great as it is that this even brought you closer to God, it is most likely nothing more than an every day coincidence in my opinion. You have nothing to learn from me, you have much to learn from God.

You are obviously trying to put words in my mouth and turn this into an argument, which is not going to happen on my part.

[edit on 4/22/2008 by InterestedObserver]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

the fact that he said

" God coming to earth mumbo jumbo "

Is a sign os unsincerity because he doesn't know if Jesus is truth or not and shows signs of his ignorant assumptions......

I have nothing else to say in this thread...

Unsincerity? I don't know if Jesus is truth or not? Yes I do. Jesus is not truth. Jesus is not the Messiah. Jesus is not the son of God. This is my faith. You can believe whatever you like but, again, you cannot shake my faith.

Where did I make an ignorant assumption? I assumed nothing. I experienced something. Big difference, wouldn't you agree?

And, if you have nothing else to say in this thread, how is that supposed to make us feel?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Wait a minute, you don't believe in Jesus as the Son of God yet you take a verse from Corinthians as a sign that God is trying to talk to you? Why else would he speak to you through the New Testament if it was not the truth?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join