It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Spoke To Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Your posts are full of hate and you completely misquote me. You said that I said that I should judge people the same way God does, which is not at all what I said, you sir are obviously a liar. I said that the scripture say that the way you judge people is the same way in which God will judge you, meaning if you judge by what's on the outside, God will do the same to you.
I posted the vid of Joel because he TALKS ABOUT GIVING HIM MONEY, get your head out of your butt so you can listen to me dude and then you can misquote me. Plus we are made in the likeness of God if you have'nt noticed (it says so in Genesis) and we are supposed to act like Yeshua, to follow His example, you sir are a serpent. You spew lies and then spew hatetred and insults at me and my colleges.

This debate is over.

God Bless,

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

get your head out of your butt so you can listen to me dude and then you can misquote me. Plus we are made in the likeness of God if you have'nt noticed (it says so in Genesis) and we are supposed to act like Yeshua, to follow His example, you sir are a serpent. You spew lies and then spew hatetred and insults at me and my colleges.

This debate is over.

Get my head out of my butt? Again, not very Christian Jimmy. How could I notice we are in the likeness of God if I have never seen God? Have you seen God? Have YOU noticed we are in His likeness?

You have colleges? What colleges are yours? Are they Universities or Community Colleges or what? I'm confused by this statement of yours. Are they religious colleges is that why you brought them up? And if you have colleges, you must be doing pretty good for yourself so BRAVO!!

The debate is over? What debate?

And I don't spew lies or hate Jimmy. You are the one spewing hate over and over and over again on here!

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I can't be sure about this, but I think Jimmy meant colleagues, not colleges. If this be the case, perhaps a course of study in grammar and spelling might serve Mr. Jimmy well in college or University, as the case may be.

Being able to express one's self effectively, either written or verbally is a skill well learned if you want to be effective in changing your opponents mind.

Obviously It didn't work to well on you E_B.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Lol, yeah, I'm gald EB pointed my miusspelling out, yes "whaaa" colleagues is what I meant.
EB try rading the Bible, maybe the first book, it's called Geneisis, you will se that we are created in the image of God, after all you believed something that was in Corinthians, why not the rest of the Bible?
But I'm through debateing, you may want to step outside of yourself for a monent and see what you have been writing, I know I'm not perfect and claim not to be perfect, I responded the way any person does when they feel they are being attacked, it may have not been the nicest or most pleasent thing to hear, but I have had a lot of truth in what I said to you.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I believe the Bible to be nothing more than a collection of stories created by men. I liked the line from Corinthians because it was used as a message by God. It doesn't matter where it came from...it's the words themselves that matter.

I could find a line in the newspaper I like, does that mean I have to believe every word in the newspaper?

Jimmy...what is it you want? Why are you so angry? You send out negativity and you get negativity back, dude. You send out and hate and you get hate back. You want love, learn to love. You want peace, be peaceful.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

A lot of the things I say are not meant to be hateful, but they come out the wrong way.
How do you know that God was giving you a message through Corinathians though?
You see that is where the Holy Spirit comes in, He gives us discernment of things like that.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblackYou see that is where the Holy Spirit comes in, He gives us discernment of things like that.

-Jimmy

How do you tell the difference between Holy Spirit discernment and wishful thinking?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack

How do you know that God was giving you a message through Corinathians though?
You see that is where the Holy Spirit comes in, He gives us discernment of things like that.

-Jimmy

Jimmy....I can discern things myself. One of my many GOD GIVEN talents.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Once you except Yeshua as a friend, the sacrafice for your sins and as God, then you obtain the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is very, very different from your own thoughts and ways. The Holy Spirit is the comunicators between you and God, He delivers a message from God to your sould and Spirit and He intercedes for you to God as well.
The Holy Spirit is rarely your own desires, but the more you draw closer to Yeshua and seek Him, then the more akin to your own desires the Holy Spirit seems to be, simply because you are desiring the truth in the spirit and not the flesh.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I thought The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost were all one and the same entity. Now here you are telling me the Holy Spirit is a separate entity that intercedes/communicates for God. I would have thought that God being Omniscient, Omnipotent and The Supreme Being, he wouldn't need an intermediary.

But hey, I'm not a Bible scholar, just a poor sinner.

Personally I think you are full of prunes and don't know what you're talking about; Like most youthful fundamentalist that have yet to learn about GRACE and Peace and serenity. You want to be able to say you have WON this debate. It's not some Holy video game you know!

Religion isn't a competition sport like you want to make it.
And your Spiritual Arrogance doesn't help in making a convincing argument. You might want to ask yourself; how would have Jesus have handled this exchange. With understanding? Or argumentative acrimony?

Like E_B, my God gave me free will to make my own decisions. If I'm wrong, am I not forgiven.

And please don't make any assumptions about my spiritual condition. I'm sure not gonna judge you. That's not my job. Is it yours?

[edit on 29-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

My, my, you have made a rather hypocrytical statment friend.
First you judge me (in the flesh) then you say you won't judge me hmm...
The entities in the Trinity are not the same, they are different, but they are the same, I sorta reverse explained it in my thread (Revelations from the Holy Spirit) on this forum.
I am not playing a spiritual video game, you make so many judgements and assumptions about me, but you have not read one word I have written, that or else you just have a closed mind and stick to whatever you say and never admit when you are wrong about something.
My beliefs are what I have found through real and serious soul searching, lucky for me though I accepted Yeshua as God and have the Holy Spirit that makes things clearer.
I care for EB, you know the saying "friends don't let friends drive drunk"? Well as an analogy that is what I'm trying to do with EB here, you see, he is drunk on the lies of the world and I'm trying to help sober him up. I'm only doing what I believe is right. it almost seems to me that you think us Christians have some sorta secret thing we do that we don't tell you guys about, that's not true, we are just like you except we have the guidence of the Holy Spirit and forgivness of our sins and the will to try and do right and help others in the world.
Trust me, I know I will not when this arguement, it's not mine to win.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The entities in the Trinity are not the same, they are different, but they are the same

They are the same but different? Please provide some logic (humor me). This Pagan religion called Christianity confuses me so.

Pray to the father
Pray to the son
Pray to the holy spirit

I count three gods there. I have some Mexican friends. One of my friend's daughters got pregnant some years back while still in high school. She insisted it was immaculate conception whenever she discussed it with her parents. She ended up having a boy and named him Jesus (Hay-Zeus) just to spite them!

The immaculate conception was an inaccurate concoction....

God is where it's at!
Faith is where it's at!
Religion is for squares!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Not trying to be a jerk, but this jumped out at me:

He/she asked God to speak to him/her. He/she then went down stairs to a gift shop in a Cathedral!

What did you think the card would say, "[Insert name here] is teh coolest!"?

Of course it had a cool little personal Bible quote in it.

Now if you were just walking down the street and some guy handed it to you... that would be a story.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Or perhaps if God appeared as a burning bush, that would be more acceptable to you?

As I said earlier in this thread: people are becoming more and more de-sensitized to the presence of God and that is sad!

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Look for my thread here in this forum called "Revelations from the Holy Spirit", I knida reverse explain it in there.
So I guess the reverse of reverse explaining it (which would be forward explaining?) would be something like this.

Jimmy has a body, soul (the part of the mind that interacts with the spirit) and spirit.
But you see I am not just Jimmy the body, nor am I just Jimmy the soul, I am not Jimmy the spirit either, but at the same time I am, I am all three but I am one being.
Kinda like a cheeseburger in a way, buns, meat, cheese.

Does that help any?
Oh and I think that story about the girl who was claim immaculate conception is a story about a catholic girl, catholics believe differently than I do, heck, most christians believe differently than I do. My beliefs are not what I like to call "McChristian" beliefs, meaning I don't just go to church and grab a happy meal, what I have learned about God, I have learned through my own research and personal realtionship with Him through Yeshua, which is my priest, the one who goes before Adonai Eloah, for my forgivness of sins and the healing of wounds. And the Holy Spirit who comforts me in times of stress and fear and who intercedes for me before Adonai Eloah and guides me according to His wishes.

I am a friend of Yeshua and His brother, we are family.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I think I get it Jimmy. You are a cheeseburger: part meat, part cheese, part bun. That is a great philosophy. Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sounds like a McChristian to me...

Do you want fries with that?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Whatever broski.

If I prayed to the car gods to show me a sign that I should get that new part for my car, and then I walked into an autozone and they had it in stock... I don't think it would merit a post on here.

You can't be in a church gift shop expecting to open a card that says anything other than, "Jesus is everywhere, even inside of you", or something along those lines.

Honestly, sir, if you had not asked God to show you a sign, what would you expect that card to read?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Honestly, sir, if you had not asked God to show you a sign, what would you expect that card to read?

I wouldn't have read the card. And...as I mentioned earlier: how many names are there in the world? So there were hunderds or thousands of cards, right? I bought one for my wife with her name on it. What it said had no meaning. She didn't ask for anything.

What is your point? The point is there are a lot of de-sensitized cynics running around. How sad!

God is out there baby!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Hey man, that's cool then.

These kinds of things just never happen to me, that's all. Makes it hard for me to relate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join